Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Octuplets and SIX other children??!!!

There is no way in the world she is going to be able to care for all those kids! How will she even be able to remember their names and who is who!

Too funny!

What about that one family that has 18 kids now. I think they are the Duggans or something on TLC. Mom states she will just keep having kids. Nice family though!

Yea, that family is nice. I guess they think they should have as many kids as God gives them. I don't know much about them though. All of their kids are different ages though aren't they?

I think there are a set of twins, but for the most part they are single births. But how on earth to they remember all those names?

I don't know! I guess they would have to put name tags on them for awhile! A better question is, how in the world does someone come up with 18 different names?!

Too funny!

What about that one family that has 18 kids now. I think they are the Duggans or something on TLC. Mom states she will just keep having kids. Nice family though!

Yeah, the Duggar family. Just had their 18th baby not long ago, all aged like 22 on down.

Again, I'm all for it if that's what they want AND can take care of them and afford them. It's not an either/or.

I don't know! I guess they would have to put name tags on them for awhile! A better question is, how in the world does someone come up with 18 different names?!

And they all begin with the letter J.

1Joshua JamesMarch 3, 1988 (1988-03-03) (age 20)Married Anna Keller on September 26, 2008.

2Jana MarieJanuary 12, 1990 (1990-01-12) (age 19)Twin to John-David.

3John-DavidJanuary 12, 1990 (1990-01-12) (age 19)Twin to Jana.

4Jill MichelleMay 17, 1991 (1991-05-17) (age 17)

5Jessa LaurenNovember 4, 1992 (1992-11-04) (age 16)

6Jinger NicoleDecember 21, 1993 (1993-12-21) (age 15)Pronounced like "Ginger."

7Joseph GarrettJanuary 20, 1995 (1995-01-20) (age 14)

8Josiah MatthewAugust 28, 1996 (1996-08-28) (age 12)

9Joy-AnnaOctober 28, 1997 (1997-10-28) (age 11)

10Jedidiah RobertDecember 30, 1998 (1998-12-30) (age 10)Twin to Jeremiah.

11Jeremiah RobertDecember 30, 1998 (1998-12-30) (age 10)Twin to Jedidiah.

12Jason MichaelApril 21, 2000 (2000-04-21) (age 8)

13James AndrewJuly 7, 2001 (2001-07-07) (age 7)

14Justin SamuelNovember 15, 2002 (2002-11-15) (age 6)

15Jackson LeviMay 23, 2004 (2004-05-23) (age 4)Birth featured in a Discovery Health Channel special.

16Johannah FaithOctober 8, 2005 (2005-10-08) (age 3)Birth featured in a Discovery Health Channel special.

17Jennifer DanielleAugust 2, 2007 (2007-08-02) (age 1)Birth featured in a Discovery Health Channel special.

18Jordyn-Grace MakiyaDecember 18, 2008(2008-12-18) (1 month 18 days)Birth (via C-section) featured in a TLC special.

Edited by BethFromVA

And they all begin with the letter J.

1Joshua JamesMarch 3, 1988 (1988-03-03) (age 20)Married Anna Keller on September 26, 2008.

2Jana MarieJanuary 12, 1990 (1990-01-12) (age 19)Twin to John-David.

3John-DavidJanuary 12, 1990 (1990-01-12) (age 19)Twin to Jana.

4Jill MichelleMay 17, 1991 (1991-05-17) (age 17)

5Jessa LaurenNovember 4, 1992 (1992-11-04) (age 16)

6Jinger NicoleDecember 21, 1993 (1993-12-21) (age 15)Pronounced like "Ginger."

7Joseph GarrettJanuary 20, 1995 (1995-01-20) (age 14)

8Josiah MatthewAugust 28, 1996 (1996-08-28) (age 12)

9Joy-AnnaOctober 28, 1997 (1997-10-28) (age 11)

10Jedidiah RobertDecember 30, 1998 (1998-12-30) (age 10)Twin to Jeremiah.

11Jeremiah RobertDecember 30, 1998 (1998-12-30) (age 10)Twin to Jedidiah.

12Jason MichaelApril 21, 2000 (2000-04-21) (age 8)

13James AndrewJuly 7, 2001 (2001-07-07) (age 7)

14Justin SamuelNovember 15, 2002 (2002-11-15) (age 6)

15Jackson LeviMay 23, 2004 (2004-05-23) (age 4)Birth featured in a Discovery Health Channel special.

16Johannah FaithOctober 8, 2005 (2005-10-08) (age 3)Birth featured in a Discovery Health Channel special.

17Jennifer DanielleAugust 2, 2007 (2007-08-02) (age 1)Birth featured in a Discovery Health Channel special.

18Jordyn-Grace MakiyaDecember 18, 2008(2008-12-18) (1 month 18 days)Birth (via C-section) featured in a TLC special.

Heehee....."clown car" still cracks me up

I wonder if the Dugger family throws 1 big b-day bash every month instead of seperate parties for each of them.:clap::cheers2:

Would it look like this?

:present::party::heart::bananalama:

There is no way in the world she is going to be able to care for all those kids! How will she even be able to remember their names and who is who!

My Grandpa come from a much smaller family than we are speaking of, and he swore he had a brother somewhere named Dammit that he had never met, because anytime his Dad wanted him he started out with the oldest and went down...."John! er James! uh Bill! AH Dammit! CLIFF!!!!!!" So how one would remember.....I suppose it is like a teacher, they eventually learn a classroom--or even several--but I am glad I don't have to do that!!!

As for the Duggars---they DO have STRONG family dynamics. They have older children assigned to younger ones....and that makes a difference! Trying to feed and diaper and allow one infant to sleep properly is a challenge sometimes. Especially the feeding with preemies....let alone 8! Add to that the oldest of the others is 7 and will be minimal help in the overall view of things. Besides SHE had those kids, not the other kids. We kinda laughed on another thread about all the "J" names, that the next one is going to be named "Justanother" Duggar!!

It happened to be on the other night, a rerun I believe of the last baby being born--so I left it there while I was here on the computer, and I did notice the teen girls are changing! There is make up visible, and they are laughing and carrying on like most girls do, and they used to not be that way at all!

I too LOVE the clown car reference----so totally fitting!!!

Kat

Yea, I think I have a brother named Dammit as well! My Dad has 7 kids and he can never remember all of our names! He had a stroke a few years ago that made it even harder to rmember. So now he just calls us all Barbara, which is my oldest sister!

Did you see the mom on the Today Show this morning? She said she's always wanted a big family to make up for the fact that she was an only child and the isolation she felt in a disfunctional family. She suffered years of depression before realizing her dream to become a mother. She said she used the same clinic for all her pregnancies and was implanted with 6 embryo's this time and about the same all the other times. She said she will be able to afford supporting her family once she finishes her schooling (this fall) and she also says she intends to stop her life to attend to the needs of her children. Here's the video link.

msnbc.com Video Player