Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Octuplets and SIX other children??!!!

someone in her life should have put the brakes onto her madness much MUCH sooner - my mom would have slapped the stupid right out of me if i was into "collecting kids".

Problem is, though I absolutely agree with this sentiment, what could anybody have really done, other than trying to have her committed if they thought she was "off" (no easy task, I assure you). :angry:

Problem is, though I absolutely agree with this sentiment, what could anybody have really done, other than trying to have her committed if they thought she was "off" (no easy task, I assure you). :angry:

oye, i could go down the list what my mom would have done - none PC however:

* never let me move in w/6 kids

* commit me / have my tubes tied

* call out the clinic she was working for / ethics issues

i left my mom's home at 18 - never going back. if i went back & w/kids it would be by HER rules (dad's pretty easy going)....she'd own my ass let alone uterus.

I was not so shocked by how hard it is to get someone committed....but by how easy it is for someone to get them out!

My DH's ex, is mentally unstable when she stops her meds, or self medicates other substances with them. Her last committment was because God told her (she talks to him only when wearing a special hat!) to take out the Episopalian Church, beginning with her parents, and she was stopped by our kids and found with a loaded shotgun. The cops finally had enough when she kept insisting on laying her hand on their forehead to baptise them!!!

But within 4 hours her current DH and enabler in all ways had her out......her parents on the other hand had to stay in hiding for days!!!

My Mom would have had something to say long before I had 6 kids, if I was not paying my way. If I was, she would still have her say!!! But move in with her and my Dad? laughable~~ one of us would have definitely been committed by now, and I consider my Mom one of my closest friends, and love her dearly. Just all that much more, when she is in her house and I am in mine!

Kat

I heard on the news that the mother is shopping out interviews w/ pcs of the octuplets......for $2 million. I'll bet y'all a donut hole she's looking to get a TV deal a la' "Jon and Kate"......

Now she has a spokesperson she hired to spin her story. She will make money off this for sure.:cursing:

A coworker heard on the radio that she was upset that corporations weren't flocking to help her like they have others in the past, but I don't know it for a fact. Can't find anything that claims that from any news source.

I think people are fed up with these sort of stunts in this dire economy.

Move in with MY MOM and 6 kids!!!!! I did and with 3 grown kids. They finally moved (about 6 months, couldn't stand being there) and left me there. I stayed for 7 yrs, thank God I got married again. She talked about me the whole time I was there and even after I left. I agree with Plain, she wants a gravy train like Jon and Kate. I don't like Kate, but Kate didn't have to move home with the twins and get pregnant with Jon's eight. But obviously she won't make the cut cause I think she's a bit off.

Who are Jon and Kate?

Jon and Kate plus 8. Is a show regarding John and Kate Gossling. Here is a link Jon and Kate Plus 8 : TLC

I like this show! Jon and Kate work hard to support their kids. They keep it real and tell it like it is. Besides, Kate is real brash. She is brutally organized and discipline flourishes throughout the house. Frugal too!

Yes, they do use the media to help support their family. But it just seems different with this family. I mean they were not living with their mom and dad, when the decied to have another child, but ended up with 6-more.

They were both working when they had the twins and when she became preggers with the 6.

I just get the sense that the mom of the Octuplets did this for more than just the love of having kids. :-(

They were also very honest and said yes they are doing the show for financial reasons....that no they do not always like the days the camera follows them around--but it helps provide for their family.

When you have to feed and provide for all the needs of 8 kids....let alone 14, you HAVE to do something!

Families are struggling in this economy that have 2-3 kids.

I am of 2 schools, if they gave her a show, or commercial deals or whatever, then at least SHE could support her kids, and not rely on welfare. And I would not have to watch anything I chose not to.

But on the other hand glorifying such a selfish move, and giving her anything for it kinda rubs the wrong way!!!

Guess nothing makes me happy!! LOL

Kat

They were also very honest and said yes they are doing the show for financial reasons....that no they do not always like the days the camera follows them around--but it helps provide for their family.

When you have to feed and provide for all the needs of 8 kids....let alone 14, you HAVE to do something!

Families are struggling in this economy that have 2-3 kids.

I am of 2 schools, if they gave her a show, or commercial deals or whatever, then at least SHE could support her kids, and not rely on welfare. And I would not have to watch anything I chose not to.

But on the other hand glorifying such a selfish move, and giving her anything for it kinda rubs the wrong way!!!

Guess nothing makes me happy!! LOL

Kat

UGH!! I agree with you about having two minds of this crazy story and her shopping out her kids to make money.

AND being from the same state as she is, I REALLY don't want to have to support her too. We only have 1 kid and with my DH working for the state, we've got our own issues and are hoping we'll be ok ourselves! I can't afford to support her too!

Great points Kat!

There is no way in the world she is going to be able to care for all those kids! How will she even be able to remember their names and who is who!