Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Octuplets and SIX other children??!!!

Maybe she thinks this is her only chance at stardom, letting them make HER and her family a TV show too.

And then to say she plans to nurse the babies? I have had pets that had 8 in a litter and we had to rotate them out! Even feeding 2 at a time, if she feeds #'s 1&2, rests lets her milk build back up then feeds #'s 3&4, by the time she is finished 1&2 are going to be hungry again and 5,6,7,&8 have not even been fed once!

My DD and I thought the best she could do would be to pump and supplement formula with some breast milk for the extra nutrients.

I feel sorry for the kids.....

Kat

Maybe she thinks this is her only chance at stardom, letting them make HER and her family a TV show too.

No way she's getting a TV show with all this backlash, but I wouldn't be surprised by one of those 'made for TV' movies.

...and I feel sorry for the kids too.

Just my 2 cents, but if you have 6 children all under the age of 7 and live at home with your mother, then you don't need to be having any more babies untill the time when you have your own home and can support them all on your own with no assistance.

Edited by Shalee04
spelling.

Kat

OMG, I thought the same thing too Kat. It was the first thing that popped into my head when I heard this story.

They have been known to give all sorts of people shows......the good, the bad and the ugly!

Ozzie

The Kardashians (sp?)

Danny Bonaduce

Chachi gets married

All the intervention shows with the stars.....

And many of them had bad press prior to the shows--all this woman and her 14 kids need is a good PR person to spin it, and some network would buy it. I mean they have bad press and here we are talking about it! So they figure all those who buy the Enquirer and other mags will likely watch at least a few episodes...

Wouldn't surprise me. Wouldn't be something I watch--but wouldn't surprise me!

Kat

I agree it is crazy. The bad thing is, someone will probably feel sorry for her and build her a giant house for all those kids for free! And I'm sure we are all paying for them. She probably gets a million dollars in food stamps a month. And since she's not married, she probably gets a big welfare check too. Not to mention state paid health insurance. I was watching something on tv yesterday and the news people were feeling sorry for her! They were saying that she only wanted to have one more baby. She already had 6!!!

I agree it is crazy. The bad thing is, someone will probably feel sorry for her and build her a giant house for all those kids for free! And I'm sure we are all paying for them. She probably gets a million dollars in food stamps a month. And since she's not married, she probably gets a big welfare check too. Not to mention state paid health insurance. I was watching something on tv yesterday and the news people were feeling sorry for her! They were saying that she only wanted to have one more baby. She already had 6!!!

Geez...and she worked at a fertility clinic?? Really??!!

I'm an overly empathetic person (my kids tease me daily because I'm always shedding tears for someone's story), but I have no sympathy for someone who can't afford her own home to raise her 6 kids in and decides to have another 'one' (if she worked there she knew what she was doing). Don't get me started on the bankruptcy...I'm still angry at all those other homeowners and house flippers who I'm paying for now when they walked away.

I agree that it's not the best situation. I agree that she's whack for doing this...but I am disturbed by all the rage people have about it. Not here, per se, but all over. Yesterday I was listening to the radio at work and they were talking about how we should "tune in on monday and we'll give you the dirt about the mother..." We really don't need to know the dirt...how, what, when.. I emailed the DJ ad he wrote back saying that it's not malicious, but that people are "curious". She's had the babies...whatever is done is done. Thankfully, all survived. God be with them. Whether they get a house built for them, or continue as they are...whether there is a father or not...or whether they get a TV show....I mean, it's not going to be easy. And I feel sorry for the kids. Just my opinion.

I think the reason why so many of us feel rage is because these are the actions of a woman who is both irresponsible and not a loving parent but a pathological baby collector or a scam artist. As for the fertility clinic who perpetrated this, well, words - printable words - fail me! It is difficult to feel warmly towards a woman who has connived to make such an irresponsible situation for herself and for her many, many brats.

Here's the latest:

LOS Angeles – The woman who gave birth to octuplets this week conceived all 14 of her children through in vitro fertilization, is not married and has been obsessed with having children since she was a teenager, her mother said.

Grandma: Octuplets mom obsessed with having kids - Yahoo! News

Let's hope that the grandfather come back from Iraq unijured, because this family will be screwed if they don't have him for their support system.

You do realize Grandpa is a native of Iraq, not a U.S. Service man right?

Yes, I just found a story on FOX that said that. And that she works at a fertility clinic! :thumbup:

FOXNews.com - Reports Cast Octuplets' Mother in Less-Flattering Light - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Yep, works there!

What burns me is that there's obviously no system to regulate this. The Mom is obviously mentally unstable, or she should be prosecuted if she did this on her own. There should be a system for screening people and for taking away licenses if you don't follow some kind of ethics/limits. No one has said anything about closing the clinic that let this happen. This should be illegal. JMO

Here's the latest:

LOS Angeles – The woman who gave birth to octuplets this week conceived all 14 of her children through in vitro fertilization, is not married and has been obsessed with having children since she was a teenager, her mother said.

Grandma: Octuplets mom obsessed with having kids - Yahoo! News

You do realize Grandpa is a native of Iraq, not a U.S. Service man right?

Yes, I realize that, nor did I imply he was in the service. But it doesn't mean he is not in danger in his home country working as a contractor. It is still volitale in Iraq. Thus he is taking chance to earn money to support his wife, daughter and his daughter's children. I'm just saying if he gets hurt the family will be in a world of hurt. Unless, the daughter is om welfare.

Edited by TQUAD64

.but I am disturbed by all the rage people have about it. Not here, per se, but all over.....

i'm disturbed by the medical/fertility clinic if indeed she worked there & was implanted by. it cost well over 20k for DH and i to try IVF & someone who already had 6 kids decided she wanted "one more"??.....selfish. said it before, say it again - i hope the state steps in and not only looks into her situation - but HOW she got in this predicament in the first place.

i'm disturbed by the medical/fertility clinic if indeed she worked there & was implanted by. it cost well over 20k for DH and i to try IVF & someone who already had 6 kids decided she wanted "one more"??.....selfish. said it before, say it again - i hope the state steps in and not only looks into her situation - but HOW she got in this predicament in the first place.

You know Lulu, I am not a big fan of the government stepping in, but I have to agree with you; some regulation is needed, because something went terribly wrong and our society will pay the price if she receives government benefits to support all her children. It just is not right.