Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Preggy progress/Updates/Tell us how you're doing!

I am so very discouraged and tired today. I am doing everything possible to just blink back tears of frustration and fatigue. I had my 40 wk appt and non-stress test. I am STILL 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced, no change over the past month...AAARRGHH!! The doctor we saw today was rushed and very no-nonsense, I had wanted to ask him to strip my membranes and maybe get things moving, but I just didn't, he was rushed to get to other patients and a woman about to deliver.

If one more person jokes to me that I have to be patient and "he'll come when he's ready", I will smack them. I know it's true, but the past 2 weeks have been sooooo rough. Nausea, diarrhea, cramping, contractions, yet nothing is getting us close to labor. During the non-stress test today, I didn't have 1 teenie contraction, so I feel like I'm not even getting close, even though the menstrual cramps and backache that I go all day with feel like labor. We've done so much walking, sex, spicy food, etc etc etc...and to go into your exam and have none of it make a difference is so discouraging.

Sorry, I had to vent. I feel like this baby will never show up.

Im so sorry your frustrated.. its so hard when your frustrated to hear people to tell you to be patient. my first was 17 days late.. I thought I might go crazy!! and all the unwanted advice was just the real kicker!! people told me crazy things like eat hotdogs!!!!

Just a little encouragement though.. and I tell myself this all the time.. the best thing about pregnancy is your days are numbered.. meaning that baby is going to come out one way or another and I have never met a woman who was pregnant for 11 months!!!

The other good news is although you feel like you are going through all this crap and discomfort for nothing.. its not for nothing... your body is getting ready for a huge thing.. and some bodies take their sweet time especially with the first.. BUT the body is warming up.. its doing something.. even though you dont see or feel the results.. be encouraged,. you will be holding a sweet baby in no time..

Ejm, some people are 0% effaced 0cm dilated till they just 'go into labor' and then they are 100% 10cm within hours.

I am so very discouraged and tired today. I am doing everything possible to just blink back tears of frustration and fatigue. I had my 40 wk appt and non-stress test. I am STILL 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced, no change over the past month...AAARRGHH!! The doctor we saw today was rushed and very no-nonsense, I had wanted to ask him to strip my membranes and maybe get things moving, but I just didn't, he was rushed to get to other patients and a woman about to deliver.

If one more person jokes to me that I have to be patient and "he'll come when he's ready", I will smack them. I know it's true, but the past 2 weeks have been sooooo rough. Nausea, diarrhea, cramping, contractions, yet nothing is getting us close to labor. During the non-stress test today, I didn't have 1 teenie contraction, so I feel like I'm not even getting close, even though the menstrual cramps and backache that I go all day with feel like labor. We've done so much walking, sex, spicy food, etc etc etc...and to go into your exam and have none of it make a difference is so discouraging.

Sorry, I had to vent. I feel like this baby will never show up.

I'm so sorry! I can feel your frustration.

I pray you will go into labor soon. You may want to call your local masseusse, I have "heard" that there is a certain spot on your foot that can induce labor (I know there is no scientific proof, but I can see that you are ready to try anything at this point) or even have your husband give you a thorough foot rub and maybe he will hit the right spot...if not, you got a good foot rub out of the deal and hey what can that hurt??? Remember we are all here praying and for those who don't pray-sending positive energy your way.

-Renee

EJMDiva, hang in there. It will be over before you know it. The last week is certainly the hardest but once it passes, time moves so quick. Weeks go by in the blink on an eye.

I hope you have an easy delivery, very soon, and that the baby is happy and healthy. :0)

I'm going back in today and they are going to strip my membranes. I am not sure if it will work, but I am VERY adamant about not wanting to get induced, so my doctor is willing to try this. Otherwise, it's a Sunday night induction for me, so cross your fingers!

I have plans tonight to see and hang out with my girlfriends, so maybe the fact that I'm finally looking forward to something fun to do means he'll decide to show up!

I'm going back in today and they are going to strip my membranes. I am not sure if it will work, but I am VERY adamant about not wanting to get induced, so my doctor is willing to try this. Otherwise, it's a Sunday night induction for me, so cross your fingers!

I have plans tonight to see and hang out with my girlfriends, so maybe the fact that I'm finally looking forward to something fun to do means he'll decide to show up!

I don't fully understand what is involved with stripping the membranes, but it sounds...painful? Let us know if this helps and/or if you just need to vent some more...you deserve it!

Diva~thinkin about ya, hoping this baby will be here soon. You sound so tired, hang in there!! Keep us posted!

Edited by babyfever

EJMDiva . . . I am really hoping that no posts for a couple of days means that you are busy being at the hospital with a new baby :0)

I can't wait for an update and I hope everything is well.

Great pic Heather

No baby yet...had some really productive contractions thru the night on Wednesday, then nothing yesterday all day or thru last night. So, it's now Friday morning, meaning I have about 2.5 days to go into labor on my own, or we check into the hospital on Sunday evening to start the induction. Stripping the membranes didn't work for me, unfortunately. It's uncomfortable for sure, but only lasts a few seconds and is comparable to when they check you for dilation, so it was doable for sure.

I'm kinda resigned to this now being a waiting game, trying to stay upbeat but knowing that induction is getting ever closer. Wish my Water would break! Wish my contractions would get started! But the truth is I feel quite fine today...no twinges, cramps, aches, nada.

Heather, you look great! How is the baby? Thank you all so much for your support and letting me whine. Less than 3 days of pregnancy left for me, so I'm gonna try to deal.

Who knows, maybe he'll just decide to come on sometime between now & Sunday :crying:

At least you're having contractions, I was hoping to have something happen before induction, but I didn't have a single twinge, ache, nothing.

Well if ejmdiva's baby did not come on his own over the weekend, she should have been induced last night :0).

I can't wait for a little news. I hope everything went splendidly and she is currently holding her new little boy.