Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Preggy progress/Updates/Tell us how you're doing!

Unfortunately I had a miscarriage. I'm ok to talk about it now.

I wondered if my workouts or crazy active lifestyle had anything to do with it. My doctor said, absolutely not.

I have a question. How long should we wait to try again? My doctor said to wait a few months.

You should wait the few months your doc said & then when you're ready... and sorry for your loss.

So very saddened to hear about your miscarriage. I've had 2 friends who had 5 between them in the past year and a half while all 3 of us were trying to concieve. Both of them started TTC several months before me and hubby did, so I had a lot of guilt when I got pregnant and carried to full term while they were suffering losses left and right. They are both now pregnant, it's wonderful! My son will be the oldest of the 3 babies, but I know all the kids will be lifelong friends. One of the girlfriends is due on Halloween, the other on Valentine's Day!

Women who feel guilt or responsibility over a miscarriage carry a large burden...there is nothing you did wrong. Have faith. This isn't medical advice or anything, but I know that the minimum amount of time before trying was at least 1 cycle for my friends...so after the physical recovery from the miscarriage, both were told to wait one normal period before trying...at least.

ok girls im haivn a real problem with dry heaves and real bad naseua I go on monday to see my band doctor to get some fill removed...do u think i should just get it all removed or do a little at a time? the dry heaves are killin me i wish i could just throw up already

I have known people to gain with breastfeeding as well. Even though you have extra calories during your day to work with, you are sooo thirsty and definitely a little more hungry, you can consume more than usual.

I have lost since breastfeeding began but my band has been too tight and not doing so well making it difficult to eat . . . and my band is empty, so go figure. I feel like I need an unfill, but with no Fluid there can't be an unfill. The band seems so fickle sometimes.

Could it have possibly slipped? This isn't good...you must be so miserable...:(

ok girls im haivn a real problem with dry heaves and real bad naseua I go on monday to see my band doctor to get some fill removed...do u think i should just get it all removed or do a little at a time? the dry heaves are killin me i wish i could just throw up already

Everyone does things differently, I know I was having the dry heaves, nausea, not being able to eat etc. so I said "forget it" and had everything taken out (at least ALL they could get out - it was less than they put in, so not sure ALL did come out) so I could focus on the pregnancy and NOt my weight, my band or any other outside distractions...so far i've gained 32 lbs (the doctor says I have only gained 20 lbs and they say that's great-what they don't seem to realize is that in the 4-5 weeks BEFORE my intake appointment I put on 12 lbs!!!! Yes it's true, when you first get some taken out you will put on some weight) but as long as I get a healthy and hopefully chubby baby out of the process it will be worth EVERY pound in gold. (I have to keep telling myself that because there are days I do get a LITTLE worried):(

Help me out please! :thumbup:)

Baby photo contest for our local news to win gift cert to the photographer I'll be using for his 6m pics. If you don't mind taking a second to go vote (you don't have to sign up or log in, or give any info).

Thanks!

Valley Baby of the Month

Unfortunately I had a miscarriage. I'm ok to talk about it now.

I wondered if my workouts or crazy active lifestyle had anything to do with it. My doctor said, absolutely not.

I have a question. How long should we wait to try again? My doctor said to wait a few months.

Telly,

I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you. EVERYTHING I've read is that most miscarriages are caused by random chomosomal abnormalities in the baby- there is nothing you could have done and it is certainly not your fault. You are a healthy, vibrant woman! I wish you a speedy recovery and best wishes on your endeavors to conceive again. I'm sending you a cyber hug!

I think (I've heard this from my sister) that your doctor will monitor you by ultrasound to determine when your uterus will get back to normal size. That usually means you are ready to try again.

Telly,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I had a loss in February and was pregnant again in May.

Best of luck to you.

Laura,

Visited and will vote

I was terribly sick with my first and that was pre-band.. so when I got Preg again I just had it all removed.. I am glad I did.. I probably have gained a little more weight than I would have with some fill.. but I also dont worry if I am getting enough for the baby or if I am going to cause slippage from throwing up..

so for me I just got a complete unfill.. and because I am self pay.. the remainder of my free year of fills went on hold till after the baby when I decided to fill again..

I hope you feel better :)

Could it have possibly slipped? This isn't good...you must be so miserable...:thumbup:

I am going to go in for flouro to get it checked out. Although I didn't want to think it could be true, a small slip could be a possibility. If it did slip, I know when it happened . . . it was the last day in the hospital after delivering the baby. They gave me a pain pill, the first I had taken of the kind (maybe darvocet or percocet, I can't remember the name). It made me sick to my stomach and I started vomiting quite a bit. Afterwards my back hurt and I couldn't eat very well at all for the next couple of weeks.

They think I have a leak, and I know Carson kicked my port, I felt it rip the stitches (slowly over a couple of days). If I have to have another surgery to fix it, I don't know if I should do it now or wait till after 2, since the same thing would probably happen.

wow hopefully both of ur bands are ok...ididnt know that could happen..the doctors make it seem like havin a band baby is easy...i had all my fill removed and my nasaeu subsided which is great...my doc told me i can get a small fill as long as im not vomitting...let us know how ur bands turn out...heather if it did slip and it doesnt correct itself would u get another band or remove it? same with u fairy would u get another band?

Debating the sleeve.. well I'm so preliminary, I can't afford another surgery right now, so no immediate plans, but if/when I have another surgery, it may not be to fix the band.