Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Preggy progress/Updates/Tell us how you're doing!

has anyone heard from EJMdiva?? did she have her baby boy yet?

I'm checking in twice a day to see if she's responded...I hope everything went okay, obviously something has happened...of course with a newborn, who has time to play on the computer... :w00t:

Hey all!! Its been ages since I've posted anything on this site but thought I'd come on here as its really the only place I can find information on pregnancy and lapband!

I was banded last August and after losing about 30 pounds I found out I was pregnant on New Years Day..... totally weren't expecting it to happen, let alone to stay pregnant (I had 2 miscarriages before that) but I'm now at the end of my pregnancy! Thank goodness! My due date is September 4th however at my appointment on Monday he was a little concerned that she hadn't grown in the two weeks (at the 10th percentile) I had last seen him and my amniotic Fluid was at the lower end of the scale ..... he promised me we won't be going over my due date --- yay! But of course has me slightly concerned about her -- I'd rather her be out than her staying in another 2 weeks if she's not growing.

I ended up losing 2 pounds from my last appointment -- I honestly haven't gained any weight. I lost 10 pounds at the very beginning and I've gained maybe 8 pounds of that back. I still have a fill - not much -- but a fill. I eat all my foods ... but at times I get some stuck. I haven't had an issue with the band while being pregnant, if anything its helped me be more conscious as to what I eat.

I'm excited to have her come into this world, but also excited to get back to losing weight. I was so excited to get banded --- and don't get me wrong, I'm happy to be pregnant -- but its hard when you mentally prepare yourself to lose weight and then gain. Either way, I'm blessed that baby will be here soon ..... and then I can book another fill.

A quick question to anyone out there who can help me -- once you had your baby, how soon did you have a fill? Were you advised to wait a certain amount of time? I'm thinking of making my next appointment in the middle of September - but just not sure if I should wait a little longer!

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Alana :)

When I went in for my unfill the nurses told me that I could get a fill when I was done breast feeding. I had issues getting everything in for a daily balanced diet.

I was told I could come in for a fill as soon as I am ready. However, I haven't been ready yet because I seem to have restriction with an empty band right now.

Hey all!! Its been ages since I've posted anything on this site but thought I'd come on here as its really the only place I can find information on pregnancy and lapband!

I was banded last August and after losing about 30 pounds I found out I was pregnant on New Years Day..... totally weren't expecting it to happen, let alone to stay pregnant (I had 2 miscarriages before that) but I'm now at the end of my pregnancy! Thank goodness! My due date is September 4th however at my appointment on Monday he was a little concerned that she hadn't grown in the two weeks (at the 10th percentile) I had last seen him and my amniotic Fluid was at the lower end of the scale ..... he promised me we won't be going over my due date --- yay! But of course has me slightly concerned about her -- I'd rather her be out than her staying in another 2 weeks if she's not growing.

I ended up losing 2 pounds from my last appointment -- I honestly haven't gained any weight. I lost 10 pounds at the very beginning and I've gained maybe 8 pounds of that back. I still have a fill - not much -- but a fill. I eat all my foods ... but at times I get some stuck. I haven't had an issue with the band while being pregnant, if anything its helped me be more conscious as to what I eat.

I'm excited to have her come into this world, but also excited to get back to losing weight. I was so excited to get banded --- and don't get me wrong, I'm happy to be pregnant -- but its hard when you mentally prepare yourself to lose weight and then gain. Either way, I'm blessed that baby will be here soon ..... and then I can book another fill.

A quick question to anyone out there who can help me -- once you had your baby, how soon did you have a fill? Were you advised to wait a certain amount of time? I'm thinking of making my next appointment in the middle of September - but just not sure if I should wait a little longer!

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Alana :drool:

Are you planning on breast feeding? Or even pumping? If so, you will find the weight will come off even faster and it is so beneficial to the child if you can do it...now studies show that it reduces the chance of breast cancer too. I dropped 16 pounds within a couple of weeks of my last birth due to breast feeding (I know it had to have been due to that because i WAS TOTALLY eating everything in sight) unfortunately when I returned to work 5 months later, I tried pumping, but my milk started drying up, so I only got 5 months in, I plan on going the full year with this one if my body will let me.

I just can't contain myself any longer.....

I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET MY BABY!

Thanks, it felt good getting that out. :drool:

Love you all!!

HIIIIII EVERYONE!!!! :):thumbup::confused: Baby boy is here! MAJOR apologies for keeping everyone waiting so long, I have been 100% devoted to being mommy, and so it's been forever since I was on a computer at all.

Abraham Andrew was born 8/3/09 at 10 am. We checked into the hospital the nite before at 11 pm, me completely nervous and dreading the induction, but it went pretty good. I was 80% effaced and 2 cm dilated, so they pretty much got me in bed, broke my Water right away, and then tried to put a scalp node on the baby...OUCH. The doc tried 2x to put the scalp node on the baby's head, but both times he clipped it to my cervix instead, so the nurse convinced him to leave it alone until I got the epidural. I got the epi and felt pretty good all night, didn't feel contractions at all after that!

The roughest part of labor was that baby had WIDE shoulders like his dad, so he got a little stuck inside my pelvis. I pushed super hard for over 2 hours and they were getting ready to talk to me about C section, but I just was dying to get it over with, so I pushed like hell and got him out. I only tore a little bit, and am feeling good, but the docs said I will never get to 40 wks again, they will C section or induce me at 37 weeks because I have a narrow pelvis...who knew??

He was 7 lbs, 7 oz, 21 inches long, so he will be a tall guy! He has a head full of thick dark hair, just a beautiful little guy.

That's it for me! I'll check in super soon, and upload a pic or two...hugs!

HIIIIII EVERYONE!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::( Baby boy is here! MAJOR apologies for keeping everyone waiting so long, I have been 100% devoted to being mommy, and so it's been forever since I was on a computer at all.

Abraham Andrew was born 8/3/09 at 10 am. We checked into the hospital the nite before at 11 pm, me completely nervous and dreading the induction, but it went pretty good. I was 80% effaced and 2 cm dilated, so they pretty much got me in bed, broke my Water right away, and then tried to put a scalp node on the baby...OUCH. The doc tried 2x to put the scalp node on the baby's head, but both times he clipped it to my cervix instead, so the nurse convinced him to leave it alone until I got the epidural. I got the epi and felt pretty good all night, didn't feel contractions at all after that!

The roughest part of labor was that baby had WIDE shoulders like his dad, so he got a little stuck inside my pelvis. I pushed super hard for over 2 hours and they were getting ready to talk to me about C section, but I just was dying to get it over with, so I pushed like hell and got him out. I only tore a little bit, and am feeling good, but the docs said I will never get to 40 wks again, they will C section or induce me at 37 weeks because I have a narrow pelvis...who knew??

He was 7 lbs, 7 oz, 21 inches long, so he will be a tall guy! He has a head full of thick dark hair, just a beautiful little guy.

That's it for me! I'll check in super soon, and upload a pic or two...hugs!

Well he sounds like he was alot of work bringing into this world, but well worth it! Congrats to you and the new daddy! Please post some pics soon, we are ALL dying to see this handsome little man.

Are you planning on breast feeding? Or even pumping? If so, you will find the weight will come off even faster and it is so beneficial to the child if you can do it...now studies show that it reduces the chance of breast cancer too. I dropped 16 pounds within a couple of weeks of my last birth due to breast feeding (I know it had to have been due to that because i WAS TOTALLY eating everything in sight) unfortunately when I returned to work 5 months later, I tried pumping, but my milk started drying up, so I only got 5 months in, I plan on going the full year with this one if my body will let me.

I breastfed my first sonand I actually put on weight while breastfeeding :biggrin: This time around I am breastfeeding aswell and I lost weight initially, but it has started to go up again. I know people say you lose weight with breastfeeding, but it never happened with me :unsure:

I breastfed my first sonand I actually put on weight while breastfeeding :biggrin: This time around I am breastfeeding aswell and I lost weight initially, but it has started to go up again. I know people say you lose weight with breastfeeding, but it never happened with me :unsure:

OMG-I would feel sooo cheated! IT may have been a hormonal imbalance? Did you address it with your doctor? They say you burn an extra 500-800 calories a day by breastfeeding, so if you go by numbers, it should at least MAINTAIN even eating extra instead of going up!!! I'm so sorry, I would have been really mad were I you.

I just went back and checked my notes, when I got pregnant the first time I was 235, I gained between 45-50 lbs with the pregnancy and by the time I returned to work 5 months later I was down to 216 (not dieting or exercising) so I know by my habits and history that the weight loss was due to breast feeding because I went through a postpartum depression and guess what? I EAT when depresssed...ho hum. This time I plan on getting back to the gym right after the 6 weeks I have to wait to heal (for a C Section) to try to combat the nasty post partum and I will do my darndest to keep sweets out of the house and stick to fruits to kill the dreaded sweet tooth. I think during this time I will hide the scale though as it is my biggest downfall.

I'm really happy to hear that even though you had weight gain with your last pregnancy that you even considered breast feeding again, it is so good for both mom and baby and many of us fight it (it's easy to do in this day and age when it just isn't convenient and some of us JUST have a hard time getting the baby to take it as well...I did at first) Good for you, keep us posted on your progress, we love to hear from you!!!!!! How old is your baby now?

ps...i'm so excited to get to meet my baby, i'm dreaming of his little face almost every night right now..i'm so smitten with my little man and haven't even gotten to meet him yet.:smile2:

I have known people to gain with breastfeeding as well. Even though you have extra calories during your day to work with, you are sooo thirsty and definitely a little more hungry, you can consume more than usual.

I have lost since breastfeeding began but my band has been too tight and not doing so well making it difficult to eat . . . and my band is empty, so go figure. I feel like I need an unfill, but with no Fluid there can't be an unfill. The band seems so fickle sometimes.