Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Preggy progress/Updates/Tell us how you're doing!

I still have 22 lbs to lose before I'm at pre-pregnancy weight. Sigh...i have been bad all week too, so who knows if I've gained? Probably. Just dealing with hunger sucks. I know I need a fill, but I am not wanting to be tighter than I am right now! Lately I don't eat large meals, but I notice I get growly tummy after breastfeeding. It's food choices, pure and simple. Cravings for the naughty foods are worse at night, so I will try to work harder at that.

The main reason they measure your tummy is simple, for easy, quick checks of growth. Your tummy measurement should match your week, so 37 cm should mean you're 37 wks along. However, the measurements are not as accurate if you weren't slender to start with, so don't worry too much about it. One of my pregnant friends has measured very large since about 24 wks, always measuring about 5 wks ahead. This has prompted several sonograms. Her last tummy measurement was done when she was 36 wks, however it showed her at 41 wks...she has not had a healthy pregnancy. WAY too much weight gain, fatty, salty foods, etc has resulted in gallstones and gestational diabetes. Her docs aren't too happy with her, as she was obese to start with. So basically, the tummy measurement is a good diagnostic tool to determine if other tests should be done. They estimate her baby girl at over 9 lbs right now, and she isn't due until Halloween...so it's looking like a C section might be the only option. I love her to death, just hope she's getting nutritional food for the baby. Even if the veggies are drenched in ranch, I wish she was eating more of them.

Abe is 10 weeks old and doing great, smiling and laughing constantly! He is in the 75th percentile for height, so he will hopefully be tall, and 50th percentile for weight, so he's gaining perfectly.

How are all of you out there? Excited for the new babies to arrive soon!

Does anyone on here know why they measure our stomachs? What is the signifigance of the measurement as opposed to WHEN we deliver?

I could ask my doctor, but hate to call her with questions 'just because' and I always forget to ask these 'just because' questions when I actually have her in the exam room...

Thanks.

Renee

They are measuring your fundis height (the top of your uterus) its not that big of deal.. and it doesnt really say anything about when the baby is coming. Some women have a jump in fundal height at like 30-34 wks.. and some women just grow slowly and consistantly.. I always had a burst of growth and then it slowed down.. it all depends on how your baby grows and they are all different :thumbup:

sometime a high fundal height can tell the size of the baby.. like if your child will be large or small.. sometimes it can just be how you carry (high or low) and sometimes it can alert the doctor that their is too much amniotic fluid.. but that is usually not the case :eek:

hope that helps..

I am still sitting here PREGNANT and trying to be paitent.. :)

They are measuring your fundis height (the top of your uterus) its not that big of deal.. and it doesnt really say anything about when the baby is coming. Some women have a jump in fundal height at like 30-34 wks.. and some women just grow slowly and consistantly.. I always had a burst of growth and then it slowed down.. it all depends on how your baby grows and they are all different :wink2:

sometime a high fundal height can tell the size of the baby.. like if your child will be large or small.. sometimes it can just be how you carry (high or low) and sometimes it can alert the doctor that their is too much amniotic fluid.. but that is usually not the case :eek:

hope that helps..

I am still sitting here PREGNANT and trying to be paitent.. :scared2:

Thanks for the info....

ARGGGHHHH - that's a scream of frustration for you!! I pray your baby comes soon. :w00t:

I have something to look forward to this weekend, we are driving to the beach and my family is throwing me another baby shower with extended family, then I have a birthday party to take my daughter to, then a HUGE bizarre of used baby stuff on Sunday (this is going on ALL weekend and i'm told if you attend on Sunday most prices are cut by 50%) so i'm going to pick up the few items i'm still lacking after this last baby shower. I love spending money so this should be fun-hopefully they will have lots of benches for us prego moms to sit on and rest during our browsing.

So this will bring me into another week.....ho hum.

Thanks for all the support and feedback everyone, I really appreciate it.

-Renee

I still have 22 lbs to lose before I'm at pre-pregnancy weight. Sigh...i have been bad all week too, so who knows if I've gained? Probably. Just dealing with hunger sucks. I know I need a fill, but I am not wanting to be tighter than I am right now! Lately I don't eat large meals, but I notice I get growly tummy after breastfeeding. It's food choices, pure and simple. Cravings for the naughty foods are worse at night, so I will try to work harder at that.

The main reason they measure your tummy is simple, for easy, quick checks of growth. Your tummy measurement should match your week, so 37 cm should mean you're 37 wks along. However, the measurements are not as accurate if you weren't slender to start with, so don't worry too much about it. One of my pregnant friends has measured very large since about 24 wks, always measuring about 5 wks ahead. This has prompted several sonograms. Her last tummy measurement was done when she was 36 wks, however it showed her at 41 wks...she has not had a healthy pregnancy. WAY too much weight gain, fatty, salty foods, etc has resulted in gallstones and gestational diabetes. Her docs aren't too happy with her, as she was obese to start with. So basically, the tummy measurement is a good diagnostic tool to determine if other tests should be done. They estimate her baby girl at over 9 lbs right now, and she isn't due until Halloween...so it's looking like a C section might be the only option. I love her to death, just hope she's getting nutritional food for the baby. Even if the veggies are drenched in ranch, I wish she was eating more of them.

Abe is 10 weeks old and doing great, smiling and laughing constantly! He is in the 75th percentile for height, so he will hopefully be tall, and 50th percentile for weight, so he's gaining perfectly.

How are all of you out there? Excited for the new babies to arrive soon!

For me until the last two appointments I was measuring at exactly my current week, then two appointments ago I was measuring 2 weeks ahead and then the most current 3 weeks ahead. I haven't put on more than 4 lbs, but I can tell my baby boy has GROWN! He's REALLY stretching and pushing for more room poor guy. When I roll onto my side, he pushes back if I put too much pressure on him...I can tell already he's strong willed!!!! "hey mom, we've gotta share so this is what I want, please don't push the boundaries" LOL

hey guys, I recognize a few faces! I'm back! After having a miscarriage last January we are pregnant again. We actually are not telling many people until we make it safely through the first trimester, but I need to tell somebody! we are almost 7weeks. We have already had a US and saw our 'DOT' and it has a heart beat so far so good. I've been doing terrible with my band for months now- Got down to 203 and then over the past few months the scale crawled to 209 then I got preggo and I'm 212. I was 218 the last time I got preggo so I guess I'm starting a few lbs lighter? anyhow the obvious idea is to not gain a ton but I'm off to get a big ol plate of Fettuccini right now! it's a ravenous kind of day- seriously eating is the only thing that keeps me from feeling sick right now? weird.

Congrats newlife! YAY another baby on the way! My guy is 11 wks old today! I commend you for wanting to not gain much weight, but having a healthy perspective on it. If you obsess either way, it makes pregnancy no fun...and for most women, pregnancy is only something we once or twice in a lifetime, so it should be enjoyed and celebrated. I gained a decent amount of weight while preggo, though i'm sure it would have been double that if I weren't banded. I still have most of it to lose as well...however I am proud to be a mommy and feel that most days, I'm doing all this new crazy stuff right. The weight loss is frustrating, but I have a new perspective.

HUGS!

hey guys, I recognize a few faces! I'm back! After having a miscarriage last January we are pregnant again. We actually are not telling many people until we make it safely through the first trimester, but I need to tell somebody! we are almost 7weeks. We have already had a US and saw our 'DOT' and it has a heart beat so far so good. I've been doing terrible with my band for months now- Got down to 203 and then over the past few months the scale crawled to 209 then I got preggo and I'm 212. I was 218 the last time I got preggo so I guess I'm starting a few lbs lighter? anyhow the obvious idea is to not gain a ton but I'm off to get a big ol plate of Fettuccini right now! it's a ravenous kind of day- seriously eating is the only thing that keeps me from feeling sick right now? weird.

Newlife.. Congrats on the pregnancy! just hang in there with the gaining thing.. try to eat healthy and eat small frequent meals and dont watch the scale to closely. pregnancy brings on all sorts of weight gains without rhyme or reason so if you keep track of the scale you may get really frusterated.. theres Water weight, doubling of your blood supply, added fat that you body uses to balance your growing tummy.. and lets not forget the placenta, baby and aminotic fluid!!

having something in my stomach was the trick for me too.. if i even got close to being done digesting I would turn green!! try to eat high Protein things that take longer to digest.. carbs will go right through you and youll have to eat again sooner.. with both my pregnancies I ate a lot of lean cusine type things.. portion controlled and helped me stay full. Obviously you have to eat what you feel like eating too.. meat was hard for me the first 4 months so I ate Peanut Butter, Beans and granola.

good luck!! and remember every pregnancy is different!!

Newlife.. Congrats on the pregnancy! just hang in there with the gaining thing.. try to eat healthy and eat small frequent meals and dont watch the scale to closely. pregnancy brings on all sorts of weight gains without rhyme or reason so if you keep track of the scale you may get really frusterated.. theres Water weight, doubling of your blood supply, added fat that you body uses to balance your growing tummy.. and lets not forget the placenta, baby and aminotic fluid!!

having something in my stomach was the trick for me too.. if i even got close to being done digesting I would turn green!! try to eat high Protein things that take longer to digest.. carbs will go right through you and youll have to eat again sooner.. with both my pregnancies I ate a lot of lean cusine type things.. portion controlled and helped me stay full. Obviously you have to eat what you feel like eating too.. meat was hard for me the first 4 months so I ate Peanut Butter, Beans and granola.

good luck!! and remember every pregnancy is different!!

awe thanks so much for the word of encourgment! I just hit up the office halloween candy bowl! lol :thumbup: I was alseep at my desk! fatigue is terrible these days so the chocolate reallyperked me up! I really do need to be smarter with my food choices, as of late I've been giving in to a lot of carb cravings! I just went to the store and got some plain almonds to keep at my desk- I feel like I have to constantly have something in my tummy or I feel sick! what other kinds of foods worked for you- 33lbs is great! I hope I can keep it to about that! I gained about 45 with myfirst baby..

Congrats newlife! YAY another baby on the way! My guy is 11 wks old today! I commend you for wanting to not gain much weight, but having a healthy perspective on it. If you obsess either way, it makes pregnancy no fun...and for most women, pregnancy is only something we once or twice in a lifetime, so it should be enjoyed and celebrated. I gained a decent amount of weight while preggo, though i'm sure it would have been double that if I weren't banded. I still have most of it to lose as well...however I am proud to be a mommy and feel that most days, I'm doing all this new crazy stuff right. The weight loss is frustrating, but I have a new perspective.

HUGS!

1weeks old- how fun! so how much did you gain when preggo? I can't see your siggy on the reply page but I started out pre-band at about 290 and got down to 204 over the past few months a few lbs krept back on and I was 209 when I found out I was preggers. I'm now about 211 at 7weeks but I think it's all boob! lol:ohmy:

awe thanks so much for the word of encourgment! I just hit up the office halloween candy bowl! lol :thumbup: I was alseep at my desk! fatigue is terrible these days so the chocolate reallyperked me up! I really do need to be smarter with my food choices, as of late I've been giving in to a lot of carb cravings! I just went to the store and got some plain almonds to keep at my desk- I feel like I have to constantly have something in my tummy or I feel sick! what other kinds of foods worked for you- 33lbs is great! I hope I can keep it to about that! I gained about 45 with myfirst baby..

oh.. I lost 33lbs with the band before I got pregnant :blink: thats what that meant.. I have gained about 38lbs this time around.. and I am so thankful to have the band to help me when I am all done.. I will probably do weight watchers at first before getting tightened again becasue I am BF and I want to make sure before I start messing with the band that I have a good milk supply going.. and then I will get tightened.. also I am self pay and my year of covered fills was put on hold when I got PG so I only have 6 months of covered fills left.. so I want to make sure when I get my first one I am ready to start using my 6 months! I think I gained more in the beginning this time just because I went from eating bandster style.. (1/2 cup) to eating more at one time.. so just the natural influx of taking in those extra calories my body wanted to store them at first.. then it started to slow way down.. so most of it I gained near the beginning to middle.

with my first I was so sick.. I threw up every day for 7 months so eating did help and so did ginger altoids.. I sucked on them all day long

with this one.. I cant even touch ginger.. I guess its association with being sick last time.. this time around salty things and sour things helped me.. so a small amount of a salty snack would curb the nausea and I would Water down lemonade... like 1/3 lemonade 2/3 water in a huge glass and that helped too.. however I also took nausea medication this time around that wasnt available as a generic with my first.. so that really helped. I would use that on my really bad days or when I had to really function. but mostly eating a small high Protein snack every 2 hrs or so really helps. If you over eat or dont eat cause you feel sick.. youll feel worse.

hope that helps!

Hey all. I am needing somewhere to be in case I need support since you guys understand this stuff. I am almost 12 weeks and hate nausea. My first was nothing like this. He is almost 6 and that was pre band. I am hoping for a girl. I will keep yall posted

i know what u all mean with keepin food in ur belly...if i dont eat like every 2 hrs i get real nauseaus its disgusting...i have only thrown up twice in 15 weeks which isnt bad...when i got pregnant i was 208 now im 203 which isnt too bad....cant wait to look pregnant this time around with my son i was just fat...i hope this time is different i want to have the cute belly (ok it may not be that cute but i want a belly lol)...4 more weeks and i can find out what im havin yay! hows every1 doin with pregnancy? how are the girls who already gave birth doin? hope all is well with everyone!

I'm feeling terrible- not throwing up but just feel like I've been hit by a mac truck! The fatigue is so bad I fall asleep at my desk at work! and I'm SO CRANKY! I have my first OB today-although I work with her so we have already been talking the whole time. Anyhow I'm so proud of you that are still loosing! ugg I stopped loosing a few months back before even getting pregnant, I really stopped using my band as a tool- sucks! In fat I was 218 last January and the lowest I got was about 203 in June- Summmer was evil, vacations, BBQ's so forth and over the corse of the past 4months I gianed about 5lbs I was dancing between 208-210 monst of sept then I found out I was preggo- now I'm about 212 and I can't stop eating! If I don't eat like every 40 min I feel so sick! oh well I'm not going to feak about it I have to get through this the best I can, with not packing on 60 lbs but feeling good as well! and well right now there isn't much I can do to feel well so if I need an extra snack here and there so be it! :cursing:

today is my due date and I am 50% effaced and dialated to a 1 with a soft cervix.. truely hoping this baby comes soon!

whoo hoo...lucky you! Jumping jacks, walks, spicy foods...(sex) you can DO it! Keep us posted. We are so excited for you.