Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Preggy progress/Updates/Tell us how you're doing!

I'm excited, and nervous. I'm going to the Dr. for my yearly appointment. I hope the Dr. will tell me that everything to going great and the pregnancy looks good. However this is not my first prenatal appointment. I hope I can still get some questions answered though.

Hi peeps! I'm 38 weeks along and getting pretty ready to be done with this phase. I feel lucky in that I didn't get "sick" of pregnancy until just a few days ago, which seems pretty good, compared to women who just feel awful from 30 weeks and on...I am about 2 cm dilated and 75% effaced, so things down there seem to be getting ready. We went to our weekly exam yesterday and I have been feeling little cramps since then.

TMI warning ahead: I have also been passing more mucous the past 3 or 4 days and now it is tinged with brown blood, so it's hard to know if this is my bloody show or mucus plug, or if it's just spotting from the pelvic exam yesterday, as I know that bleeding can happen.

Anyhoo, sleeping terribly! Which makes everything else harder too, but the nursery is done, the laundry is caught up, the house is clean, we are pretty much set. My official due date is July 28th, but everyone from the OBGYN to my gal pals seems to think I will go earlier than that. At the latest, the doc will start inducing on August 2nd if I make it that far...

Band is tight, I get full easily and have had a few PB and vomiting episodes, praying it gets better after labor! No plans for a fill for several months, even if it slows down my weight loss. I just wanna be a new mommy and breast feed and eat well.

How are all of you?:thumbdown:

Just wanting to follow this thread.

Good luck EJM with the new one. Keep us posted about when you have the baby. Congratulations.36_1_66.gif 15_5_18.gif 15_2_129.gif

Congratulations to you also Telly.

Thank you gone4ever. I am happy about this newer addition to my tribe.

I will start pre-natal Vitamins today and came to a dilemna....I don't do pills well since being lapbanded and was wondering is there any other way I can consume them? I can crush them but that would be insane to crush them daily but...is there a liquid pre-natal?

I will start pre-natal Vitamins today and came to a dilemna....I don't do pills well since being lapbanded and was wondering is there any other way I can consume them? I can crush them but that would be insane to crush them daily but...is there a liquid pre-natal?

HI Telly, My OB gave me a prescription for a chewable prenatal. It doesn't take good at all so I take it with a cracker to mask the taste. It's called Prenatal 19 Chewable.

Thank you Tink and Gone4ever. I will find out.

Holding my spot... I've got the first real prenatal appointment this Thursday. Hopefully, we'll see a sac and I'm told, if we're lucky,a heartbeat. Since we didn't take the "doubling beta" test (only a beta test to confirm pregnancy), this will be my first indication that everything is going okay.

I will start pre-natal Vitamins today and came to a dilemna....I don't do pills well since being lapbanded and was wondering is there any other way I can consume them?

Yep- I take a generic version of the brand name "Natachew" by prescription.

Question for you all, are you going to continue your gym / workout routine? Hubby wants me to stop running and walk and not to lift weights (I only do light weights- no body building or anything). I think both are safe unless I feel uncomfortable or overheated. Any opinions on this?

I use this... its not too bad.. you can also mix it in juice.. but i find it better just to take the teaspoon or whatever it is..

PreNatal Plus DHA Complete by Buried Treasure :bored:

My OB let me use chewable Spectravite vitamins from CVS pharmacy daily with a small folic acid supplement. It worked beautifully.

uck, I feel like poo. As of our exam on Monday, I am still only 2 cm dilated and 75% effaced, darnit. I was hoping to progress more, and I am EXHAUSTED as well. We've been going on nightly walks and even at work I take the "long" way all over my office building, just trying to get some more walking in as much as possible.

Starting yesterday and into this morning, I am nauseous. Yesterday it was mid-morning thru evening, then cleared up so I could eat dinner, but its back today and it's worse...I could barely get my oatmeal down, but being nauseous and hungry is a weird sensation. I know a few women who got diarhrea and nausea in early labor, so I'm kinda hopeful and kinda scared that this might be it.

How are all of you? I'll try to update if anything happens.

nervous!! Before I was banded, I was diabetic and off of insulin 1 week after surgery! Now my sugars are on the rise and they want me on some meds. I'm getting an unfill so i can get all the nutrition in that I need. I'm really nervous about the unfill because I don't want to gain a ton of weight!!!