Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

biggest loser - '09

And, yeah...that whole Bob thing. WTH? When Kristen said it was the old alliance I about screamed. What does an alliance have to do with it at this point? It was like that last season after everyone wen to singles.

I am hoping for new trainer blood, too.

maybe that was it - kristen really turned me off.

i'm good with a fresh look of trainers. think they've gotten a bit of celebrity complex going on....

did you see bob's lip quivering when they were all praising him as the second coming???

maybe that was it - kristen really turned me off.

did you see bob's lip quivering when they were all praising him as the second coming???

WTF was THAT all about? He really needs to grow a set...dang! :tt1:

Filipe pissed me off - not only is he a whiner, but he didn't even mention the work Jillian put into him, and hello - he had better numbers with Jillian than with Bob!

I agree - time for new trainers! I love Jillian too, but if she has another BL grand champion, it will be hard to get rid of her.

Can't wait for next week to see how the kicked off contestants did - wonder if Joelle lost any weight?:w00t:

Edited by EbonyRose

Tara ROCKS!!! That girl is some kind of determined. I thought it was hilarious that she ended up winning the challenge after everyone ganged up on her. WTG Tara!!

OMG - me too! First I was getting a little perterbed at her for crying over the fact she got so many pounds added to her, but then I was so proud of her for saying "catch me if you can". I think this should prove to everyone how strong and determined she is. Made me want to go pull a car myself, lol.

WTG Donna! How long was it? Where did you go? What did he/she(?) have you do? I'm so jealous!!!! :tt1:

I was literally jumping up and down when she passed him. I have a total girl crush on Tara. I was crying when she wanted to give up and cheering when she KICKED EVERYONE'S ASS.

And I'm glad the yellow chick went home. Bitter...bitter...bitter!!!! However, I feel it was a stupid move on everyone's part. Um, HELLO? It is a competition - why not take out a dude now and then hit Aubrey next week, cause you know she'll be there again.

It was a one time complimentary training session for joining the gym. My son also joined so he also got a complimentary training session. While the trainer was working with Philip, he had me doing the eliptical for 30 minutes and the treadmill for 15 and THEN he started the stretching exercises which were a bitch followed with weight resistance training and it was the last 5 reps of the arm and back strengthening that did me in. Overall I got a 1 1/2 hour workout. That may not seem like much, but I hadn't done ANYTHING in months so it was like going from 0 to 100 in 5 seconds. Surprisingly, I'm not as sore today as I would have thought and the elliptical and treadmill didn't phase me too much (just broke out a good sweat). I am thinking I may want to officially hire him as a trainer but it's big bucks so I thought maybe I'll just do my own thing for a month or so and build up stamina before I start utilizing a trainer to teach me how to properly focus that stamina for maximum benefit.

I agree it was a stupid move to send Aubrey home this week.

she showed those giggling fools, she SHOULD be feared. i lost all respect for the men and not sure what she did or said - but just add kristen to the ones i can't stand now.

aubry is going to be one of those who will have a hard time maintaining the loss after the finale.

Yeah, it was awesome. I was chanting "Go, Tara, go!" I was thrilled when she won.

I've disliked Kristen from the beginning. I've known people like her -- you know the type that acts friendly but in reality is a bitter, resentful bitch because she's fat and ugly and nobody wants her? [before you start sending me hate mails, I'm not saying everyone who's fat and ugly is resentful, just that Kristen is and there are quite a few bitches like her walking around on this planet.]

Hopefully Mandi will reach goal and keep it off and that will motivate Aubrey to keep working towards her own goals and together they can motivate their dad to lose the killer weight around his middle.

As for the game, I think Ron and Mike voted off Aubrey not due to any allegiance to Filipe but because Filipe and Sione are the only other family team that's still intact and they are hoping that if one of them comes up for a vote they can count on Filipe and Sione to return the favor. In that sense, it was a smart move on their part.

I hope Tara can somehow manage to keep the dogs at bay because I really, really want her to win.

As for the game, I think Ron and Mike voted off Aubrey not due to any allegiance to Filipe but because Filipe and Sione are the only other family team that's still intact and they are hoping that if one of them comes up for a vote they can count on Filipe and Sione to return the favor. In that sense, it was a smart move on their part..

didn't look at it that way - good point!

ps - not sure about you, but i really need my trainer - i won't push myself in the least w/out him. congrats on getting into the gym!

I didn't look at it that way, either...good point.

I'll be glad when the couples thing is over. Towards the end, you know who'll vote for whom and it loses it's supsense.

Is anyone else starting to get really worried about this cult of personality surrounding Bob? Seriously, they punished Helen for "leaving the protection" of the Bob-bleheads?

I've read in the past that he seriously indoctrinates them early on, but I've never quite seen it play out this way. There was absolutely no question in my mind who was going, because Aubrey was originally a Jillian trainee way back when this thing started.

I think both trainers need some time off. It seems that both are more focused on winning the game than helping the contestants, and that is showing in the team play.

The -moment- Tara or Laura go under the line they're gone. It's a shame because Ron or Simone or Filipe really need to get off my TV: whining children pretending to be men.

I agree. Ron, Filipe, and Sione need to go! I can't stand any of them. When they were on teams, Ron (for some reason) acted like he got the final say in who goes home. That irritated me. I kinda liked Filipe and Sione at first. I was really turned off by them when Filipe went psycho on Jillian. Grow up dude!

As far as the trainers go, they both get on my nerves from time to time....especially Bob! His team does seem cult-ish and creepy. I don't understand why everyone ganged up on Helen. It makes sense that everyone would give Tara pounds, because she is a HUGE threat. But Helen? It was personal for Bob's team. I like Mike, but why in the world did he give his pounds to Helen? Just because his former team did? I mean, it's not like she was a huge threat. I just don't get it!

The fact that everyone ganged up on Tara didn't suprise me. I think they should have been a little more sensitive about the way they did it though. They acted very immature about it IMO.

I was so ticked when they were following her around after. I get like, too...just leave me the F alone when I'm pissed. They thought they hurt her feelings, and they did in a way, but I think it was more being pissed.

And, why did Mike add to Tara's? And, why did they add to Helen's? She wasn't a threat. I can understand adding to Taras (not laughing about it) but she's a threat - take her out, I get it. But, why not Sione's? Why not Philipe's? Those are your strongest 3...so why did they just target one?

Because Brown shirt dad said that he was not going to put any weights on his teammates-"the bobbles". I was so surprised at the way that they were giggling and making fun when they put the weights on Tara's and Helen's scales. But nothing is as sweet as "revenge" and though I don't care for Tara, she did rule last night.

Anybody know why we didn't see skin last night. First I noticed the girls had on full tank tops, not the sports bra tops. Then the guys didn't take their shirts off. Nothing was ever mentioned of it on the show. Just curious.... And I can't wait until next week's show!

Anybody know why we didn't see skin last night. First I noticed the girls had on full tank tops, not the sports bra tops. Then the guys didn't take their shirts off. Nothing was ever mentioned of it on the show. Just curious.... And I can't wait until next week's show!

I DID notice that! I wondered what was up with that! But, I am glad they made the change.

Maybe the International Shar-pei Association complained?!

I think I remember all the BL teams donning shirts at this point. I believe it is to make them look better. I mean, who wants to see roles of fat?

Mike put the weight on his team's scales because of Papa-pressure. He's fighting for Dad even though it's clear that he doesn't respect Bob. It would do Mike good if Dad went home.

I was so proud of Tara. She kicked bootie!!!!

Wow, I should read back a little, but I really can't stand Ron. They all seem to really like him, but I don't see it. I see him for a scheming little whiney man that he is. He wants his kid to win (which I understand), but his attitude just makes me want to smack him. I can't wait til he gets voted off.

LOL, I am SO glad I wasn't the only one yelling at my TV last night. I kept saying "GO, Tara, GO!" I've had weight issues for a long time. There were many times that I was the last kid picked for a team. Them adding weight and laughing it up ticked me off. I felt for her. Then when she said that she moved good because she was mad, it made me proud of her. I honestly hopes she wins! I was glad she toasted them. I was bumbed Aubrey got voted off because I really hoped blue shirt guy would get voted off. Those peope don't seem to realize that you should vote off the strongest (or most irritating). I'm not really an Aubrey fan, but she would be better than him.

I agree with the whole people were trying to talk to Tara. She said "Go away." That doesn't mean follow me around and claw in my wound!

hello all, i'm new to this tread but glad to find it as tbl is my obsession. i have always had a pet peeve about the shirts and full length sport bras towards the end of the show, it's like they make them get up there in all there glory when they are extemely heavy, showing everything. but once they get down a significant amount of weight then they cover them up. and have you notice how long everyones shorts are? i really think the bottom line is that even though they are losing weight the suppossid "right way" (subject to interpretation) they are still losing massive amounts of weight in a very short amount of time and even on the youngest of bodies there is going to be some lose skin and some additional "movement"...at any rate i love the show and they are doing amazing things.

Edited by ddgalarza

Yes Tara rocks. I was yelling at the tv when she started to catch up then passed! I was like yes!:) The way Bob's team acted was very childish and immature.:thumbup: My 9 yr. old grandson acts more mature than Bob's team did. I am rooting for Tara and Mike. I like Helen also. I am not to keen on any of the rest of them. Kudos goes out to Tara's gf though.:thumbup: She talked some sence into Tara. But why didn't her and the purple pull a car? They were standing on the sidelines cheering people on.

But why didn't her and the purple pull a car? They were standing on the sidelines cheering people on.

i think because no weight was added to them - they didn't need to participate.

could be wrong.

Edited by luluc