Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

biggest loser - '09

If you had actually read my post, I was only objecting to the terms "ripple-dad", "shar-pei" and other demeaning names based on his APPEARANCE. "Brown dad" is not a name, it is a description and not in the least rude or offensive. I just found it extremely hypocritical that people on a this site, a site for OBESE PEOPLE WERE MAKING FUN OF AN OBESE MAN ON HIS APPEARANCE WITH CHILDISH NAME CALLING. Knock him for his actions (uncommitted) or his attitude, but not for his fat body, I mean honestly, those who live in glass houses..... How many posts are on this site with people who are in pain for past taunts and recriminations made against them by others based on their weight? Everyone supports theses posters and recognizes the cruelty in name calling but I guess the Brown dad is different, I'm sure it will help his son a lot to hear his father, the man he loves, called the hurtful names that are being bantered about here. I just found it very ironic that a bunch of people who would not pass a "naked test" are mocking someone else who is in the same the boat as themselves. Flame away, as no one EVER admits a wrongdoing on an anonomous chat board.

Do you need a hug?

Has anyone heard anything or read the Biggest Loser 30-day Jump Start book? I seem to be losing momentum with my weight loss and was thinking about buying it.

Has anyone heard anything or read the Biggest Loser 30-day Jump Start book? I seem to be losing momentum with my weight loss and was thinking about buying it.

Either that or a lot of people have done the 5-day Pouch Test (I know it's here in this forum somewhere but right off I don't know where).

turor:

Sorry not to derail the thread but I know its so easy to get off track with our plans. The longer you wait to get back on track the harder it becomes to do that.

The 5 day pouch test works great for alot of people, but for me it just makes me ravenous and makes me eat more. Weird, and I've tried it several times. I would give it a try just to see if it works for you. If it doesn't it's probably not a good idea to keep trying over and over... LOL! What's that saying? Insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.. or something like that. Anyway here is the link:

www.5daypouchtest.com

Try whatever you can though, get back on track as soon as you can. :thumbup: Good luck!

Omg, too funny!! :thumbup::lol::thumbup:

I was going to offer a donut but I did not want to be accused of being counterproductive and hypocritical.

I was going to offer a donut but I did not want to be accused of being counterproductive and hypocritical.

Yeah, well, we can't all wear halos. :thumbup:

Thanks! I guess I did kind of interupt your thread with my question.

My family loves biggest loser! It has helped to motivate all of us - not just mom/me with the lapband.

Saundra,

You hit the nail on the head. ALL of them are fat. I'm not calling any of the ones names who aren't acting like whiny jerks.

Oh, great...now whiny jerks are offended.

I can't win.

Oops...now winners are offended.

DOES THE PC CRAP EVER END?

36_11_22.gif 4_6_216.gif 4_6_216.gif 4_6_216.gif

Thanks! I guess I did kind of interupt your thread with my question.

My family loves biggest loser! It has helped to motivate all of us - not just mom/me with the lapband.

Don't worry about it. It was still kinda on subject because you asked about the BL book. No worries!

Now, just to keep those people who want to give us lessons in manners outta here... :thumbup:

I enjoy watching the show to see how hard they are all trying and I get frustrated by the ones you can see aren't trying when they have such an advantage being on that ranch and having the support they are getting there. So, it was disappointing to see the Black team go off and binge away on food, drink, smoke, etc. BUT....

I am tired of how many times the show is having to bleep off the language of the trainers and the participants both... seems to be alot more now than in previous seasons of Biggest Loser and the screaming of the trainers at their team members seems to be escalating higher and higher like they have an even greater incentive (maybe a salary bonus??) that NBC gives them if they are the ones that end up with the winner?? I understand that you can let out a cuss word here or there when you are angry and frustrated but the stream of this seems to be going downhill.

I didn't know what to think about the rant (or should I say rampage) that the Blue Team guy went on at Jillian over not having had any personal training time with her when he felt he needed it. Why didn't he just go up to her and say Heh, are you ignoring me...hint hint, when are you going to work with me! in a joking but seriously let her know she had forgotten to work with him.

droppindown - speaking of manners... my momma taught me it's rude to insist on staying where one's not wanted.

Kinda reminds me of this too... especially speaking about gills.

270px-Creature-from-the-Black-Lagoon-1.jpg

I loved that movie when I was a kid.

Ahhh, found this thread and its an interesting thread at that. I love the Biggest Loser! I've been watching it since it very first came on, the first season.

I agree, the dad needs to go. It is a game, along with weightloss, and he's not contributing with the game and barely weightloss. I'm trying to remember, but didn't he have gastric bypass? I'm hoping some plastic surgeon will see him on BL and offer to give him some surgery to reduce the hanging skin. Hey, it could happen....It happend to Kate Goselin on John and Kate plus 8, she showed her belly and then got a free Tummy Tuck. Wonder if that would work for me if I show my belly? lol.

Tara - she's the bomb! Love her.

Bob - grow a pair of balls, and Jillian, chill a little but work their butts off!

Those are my thoughts.....Can't wait for tonights show!