Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

biggest loser - '09

According to the articles I've read -- interviews with former contestants -- they do cook their own meals. But they aren't taught a lot about nutrition or how to cook with the ingredients they are given.

What's to learn? Throw it all in da skillet. Cooking lesson over. PS- Pink chicken or pork = bad.

[/color]

Omg, really?????? Please tell him he has a fan here in Virginia!! I think he's da bomb!

Here in TX, too!!! I so wanted him to win. I am still routing for him!!!! Tell him to dump the dead weight David, too, if he hasn't already.

What's to learn? Throw it all in da skillet. Cooking lesson over. PS- Pink chicken or pork = bad.

Oh...*puts down "rare" pork chop....:smile2:

Hmmm....me thinks turning on the burner under the skillet would be useful, but perhaps that's just an old-fashioned idea...:smile2:

Let me know if you have questions for Dan and I'll be sure to ask!!!

what is his relationship w/david are they still close friends?

I do. We only see the work-outs that they have these people do, but what about eating? What is made for them (or do they cook for themselves), and are they just put through rigorous workouts or are they paired with nutritionists or psychologists or anybody who helps them with issues about how to eat well or WHY they ate to excess?

Exercise is great and necessary,b ut I personally believe it is only part of the equation. What are they TAUGHT?

Thanks!!

I haven't asked that yet, I will do so today (if he's there). If not, I'll definitely see him tomorrow!

Here in TX, too!!! I so wanted him to win. I am still routing for him!!!! Tell him to dump the dead weight David, too, if he hasn't already.
what is his relationship w/david are they still close friends?

I actually did ask him about David, after that whole Joelle debacle with those two not even speaking anymore. He said he and David are still best friends and are just as close now if not closer.

The way he explained it is that he can't really fault David for not being "ready to commit" because there was a time when Daniel wasn't ready either. To make this kind of commitment and lifestyle change you have to be ready. David just wasn't ready, and Daniel said he was upset at first that David didn't try as hard as he could to keep them on the ranch, but ultimately he realized that a year earlier, he was in the same spot as David - not ready to start the journey.

So I was happy to hear that they were still good friends. He said David is doing really well with his weight loss, though the look on his face when he said it told me he wasn't trying as hard as he could and he wouldn't be one of the huge successes at the end.

But who knows, they've still got 2 1/2 months until the finale. Daniel said he wanted to have lost 200lbs by the finale, which means he's probably got another 80lbs to lose in the next 2 1/2 months. I told him he'd be a little hottie when he was done with his journey, and that made him blush. :crying:

Hmmm....me thinks turning on the burner under the skillet would be useful, but perhaps that's just an old-fashioned idea...:crying:

tap = smartass.....lmao

jaime - thanks for the reply. i was really interested in that dynamic & glad they're still close.

appreciate your posts!!!!!! we have inside info...LOL

According to the articles I've read -- interviews with former contestants -- they do cook their own meals. But they aren't taught a lot about nutrition or how to cook with the ingredients they are given.

That's really a shame, especially if the show is about truly helping people for the long run. :crying:

I told him he'd be a little hottie when he was done with his journey, and that made him blush. :)

Awww! He IS a little hottie! I loved his face. It's so sweet and kind. You can see he's a nice guy just by his face and eyes. I just wanted to hug him whenever I saw him. And not in a weird way. :crying:

[/b]

Hehe, yeah but if your regular sex is as interesting as it seems, your make-up sex must rock the house. :biggrin:

Shhhh...don't tell - I think we've come close to having the cops called on us a couple of times. Good thing we have a big house that absorbs a LOT of sound! :biggrin:

Awww! He IS a little hottie! I loved his face. It's so sweet and kind. You can see he's a nice guy just by his face and eyes. I just wanted to hug him whenever I saw him. And not in a weird way. :)

I felt the same way - I think he was one of the nicest guys, and his obvious struggle to lose the weight and be healthy brought me to tears multiple times. It's good to hear he's doing well, and I can't wait to see what he looks like at the finale! :crying:

You know who I think is a hottie. Ron's son Mike. He's absolutely adorable and is gonna be even cuter when he's lost more weight. It's mind-boggling to know he's lost like 120lbs already!

I know you are being a smart ass, but the article I read talked about how their fridges have all these ingredients in them that they don't know what to do with. Like leeks and bok choy.

I thought that was sad. I have a chicken dish I make with leeks and tomatoes but I got it out of a cook book. Before I had this book, I wouldn't know what to do with leeks either.

The way he explained it is that he can't really fault David for not being "ready to commit" because there was a time when Daniel wasn't ready either.

That's very mature of him. I need to tap into that attitude when it comes to my dealings with Mr. Mac.

That's really a shame, especially if the show is about truly helping people for the long run. :crying:

Heh, I thought you were serious until the QUOTE function revealed that your emoticon was 'bored'. :)