Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Rach, sorry for your struggles. I hope you can work through this, this is a good place to look for ideas and support.

Ok everyone, I need some help. I have to take a dessert to work on Tuesday and I want to take something that I could eat...anyone have any good dessert ideas? Maybe a ricotta cheese something? I guess I could google some ideas but thought you might have some good suggestions.

Nice weather--love it.

Ali, I'd take a lovely fruit salad. Everyone always loves fresh fruit at this time of year and you'll be able to participate as well.

Rach, sorry for your struggles. I hope you can work through this, this is a good place to look for ideas and support.

Ok everyone, I need some help. I have to take a dessert to work on Tuesday and I want to take something that I could eat...anyone have any good dessert ideas? Maybe a ricotta cheese something? I guess I could google some ideas but thought you might have some good suggestions.

Nice weather--love it.

How about a sugar free Jello mold topped with sugar free whip topping...or I use a graham cracker shell and sugar free pudding and top with SF whip topping to make a pie..or you can use the SF pudding to amke banana pudding...Hope this helps.Good luck to you:thumbup:

Guest sodapop

Just Checking in I have not been on here in a LONG time! I am doing FABULOUS! Life is great!

Here is the dessert I took to work for the potluck. It was a big hit. Very yummy! PS, I left off the pie filling on the top and just made the cheesecake...

No Bake Graham Cracker Cheesycake

Low Fat Graham Crackers

8 oz. fat free cream cheese (softened)

1 cup cold skim milk

2 Tblsp. lemon juice

1 small box instant vanilla pudding (sugar free)

8 oz. fat free Cool Whip

1 can lite cherry pie filling (or any flavor)

Nutritional Info

Servings Per Recipe: 20

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 80.1

Total Fat: 0.3 g

Cholesterol: 2.2 mg

Sodium: 176.0 mg

Total Carbs: 16.2 g

Dietary Fiber: 0.4 g

Protein: 2.8 g

Full receipe http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=384073

Edited by Ali2010

She's baaacccckkk.....

After 2 months the wayward girl is back with her tail between her legs! She kind of got lost and strayed up to 201.8 after vacation in August, but has been fluctuateing between 196 and 198 for the last month. What can I say - I haven't been doing all the things that I know work - eating the right food, avoiding sugar foods, measuring, exercise and most of all getting support. So I am back.

Would love to hear where everyone is at - I am not sure I can read 2 months of pages! Tamra and Donna - thank you for reaching and out and checking in - I love my band sisters!

I got laid off from work 2 weeks ago and am still processing it. On good - glass half full days, I see it as an opportunity. I wasn't happy at the job or company and wasn't doing the kind of work I wanted to do. I wouldn't have left on my own because my family depends on me and it was a good job, good pay and close to home. On bad - glass half empty days, I panic and think that it will take me a year or 18 months to find a comparable pay job and I only have severance for 6 - 7 months and I might lose my house. Luckily so far, there have been more good days than bad days and people have been really supportive and offering help/contacts.

I do think this is an opportunity that I don't want to squander. I now can really focus on my diet and exercise. So far this week I have been walking on the treadmill to get a better cardio workout and I have been going to yoga classes. My goal is to go to yoga Mon - Friday.

Love to all my banded and sleeved sistas - let me know what everyone is doing. :wub:

Hi everyone, My name is Shannon and I live in South Sacramento (originally from Elk Grove) and I will be going through Richmond. I actually already went to the orientation about a year ago and felt I wasn't ready yet. Well I am now. I spoke with Robin yesterday and she said to get "re-activated" I will have to get a current weight into the computer and then start working on the diet and to quit smoking - 2nd weigh in 3 weeks later and then call them back to get appointments. I am mostly just nervous about where to even start on the pre-op diet. Funny, I have done WW and a billion other diets my whole life and for some reason, I feel over-whelmed on where to begin. I thought about planning every moment of the day from the get go but is that a good plan? Any suggestions?

P.S. I will be at the Point West support meeting next Saturday in case anyone else will be able to make it. :thumbup:

Hi Shannon, welcome back to the focus of health! The diet worked well for me for the opposite reason, it wasn't hard to keep food around that was on the diet, I couldn't do all the planning and worrying, I needed something that fit into my lifestyle. This diet has lots of options and I tend to find a meal that I like and repeat it over and over. But this is why we are all here, there are lots of ideas here and everyone is willing to share and you can pick what works for you.

Hope to see everyone at Point West.

Hi everyone! I got lost again. I lose the thread subscription and forget to check in again.

I am still plugging along on the two shakes a day. I haven't lost anything, but I have until Oct. 15th for something to happen. I swear I did better on the Richmond pre-op diet than this.

I look forward to seeing everyone again! Hope everyone is doing well!

Just checking in to say hi.....hope you all are well.

I'm still trying to work with this last fill, getting stuck a lot. I guess I'll get the hang of it sooner or later.

Hi Everyone!

Pat~It's so good to hear from you. Glad you're back. Sounds like you are at a point where you need the most support. We are here for you. Sorry about the job loss. Yes, you have to stay positive ans see it as an opportunity to seek what you love!!!! Focus or shall I say RE-FOCUS on yourself.... Be strong.

Jes-Hey lady! Good to see you posting. I have been missing and struggling too. I have been getting lots stuck since my last fill 6/18. I'm at 6cc's and some days are good.... i just can't seem fo follow the dang rules....

I hope all are well cuz it sure is quiet in here!!!!!

Wow, where is everyone? I hope all are ok, check in people!! :biggrin:

I'm still here - just don't have much to say. I am seeing Dr. Im on the 30th in Vacaville to get a small fill. Unfortunately I can eat bread with no problem. I hadn't really eaten bread for about 1 1/2 yrs and now that I know I can eat it, I can't leave it alone. Doing some stress eating again - story of my life.

Pam, have you made the oopsie rolls? It's a roll that's made without flour, no carbs? I am going to make some and see how it goes, it sounds like its a good replacement for bread, there are even receipes to make a pizza dough. Google it if you haven't tried it!

Just checking in,

sorry I have not been in touch for a while. It has been a bad couple of months for me. My brother commited suicide last month and my mom just passed away on the 19th.

sleeve wise I am doing good though....

hope to see you all at the next meeting..

take care everyone