Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

WoW Busy morning! We worked out and for some reason I was rushed all morning. Barely made to work on time.

Thanks for the pix Judy...I'll check em out again later. I remember seeing some and thought they were yours. What cruise line do you use? What is your fav ship? There are so many damn choices. I know we will upgrade for a private balcony for sure. I need some guidance. I just went to princess.com last night and was overwhelmed.

We are watching Sign of the Beaver because we just finished reading the book. I have a meeting on prep, a meeting after school...and then this afternoon, Susanne and I meet w/ Dr. Ordin!! I told you about him from that show, The Doctors on CBS. I am excited to hear what he thinks about the eye lift! I'll share later.

BBL

Couldn't get on LBT the past little bit!! :tongue2:

Went to obgyn this morn, things look good.. she is sending me to an allergist for my nose 'thing'. I've had this for months, not sure why all of a sudden she thinks I should go somewhere.. but whatever! I lost weight and for someone who gives me a what-for everytime I come in for GAINING weight, she didn't say ONE WORD about the weight loss. Didn't even acknowledge it. :tt2:

On the way to work from the doc though, something interesting happened.

At a stop light, on a busy 6-lane road.. there's a car, a cop, and me (all in line) behind the red light. Turns green, they both take off slow, so as soon as we get through the intersection I move to the middle lane and start going 50 (speed limit is 45). Then the car--right in front of the cop--gets up to 60 (approx. he goes flying by me). DUH cop puts his lights on to pull him over.. the guy isn't stopping and 2 more cops appear out of THIN AIR (seriously, I don't know where they came from).. so by time they cut him off--it's right in the middle of one of the busiest intersections in Huntsville. So this turd speeds in front of a cop and then closes up an extremely busy intersection. What a !@#$.

Brought a Lean Cuisine for lunch, looks like a lasagna with 2 breaded chicken patties? They need to get away from italian food, not all of us like italian!!!

I had trouble getting on also.

Tracyks I hope you know what a great person you are, and all the violets want what is best for you. We don't judge, so don't ever feel bad about that. I gained all the weight I lost from the band back. That is a major setback. I beat myself up over it, but nobody here did. I am pretty sure everyone loves everybody here regardless what we weigh. It might have started out being about our weight issues, but it is WAY (or weigh?) past that now!!!

I am off to work, fun fun!!!

Tracy, we need a good laugh around here.....Do you have that sign I sent you????Can you take a pic and post it?

I think everyone would get a kick out of it.

why yes I do have it......

post-208811-13813138163597_thumb.jpg

Morning girls~

I am home today, going to attempt to get my house caught up some. Tomorrow morning I am leaving about 5:30 to go down to Albq. That will get me there about 9 depending on how rush hour is moving. Then we will stay til about 4, and head back home. Unless we get word today about a surgery or something.

She said it is feeling cool to the touch now, where it had been hot....so maybe something in there is changing.

Becky's soon to be DIL is a Wizard of Oz freak. They are getting married in May, and she even has bits of it in her wedding without being themed out. She is walking down the aisle to the hawaiian version of Somewhere Over The Rainbow. Anyway, she has that sign as part of all of her Oz stuff, and when I saw it, I thought, she has no idea what that means to some of us!!

I was afraid the sign that Suzanne referred to was like the one in my kitchen that I am challenging daily. It is on a rough plank of wood, and is burned in, and it says "Thou Shalt Not Weigh More Than Thy Refridgerator"....I am trying to follow.

I too couldn't get on when I first tried this morning.

I got the nicest message from a girl named Kelly, her screename here is Shalee....something!!! My brain is bad under normal conditions, let alone this past couple of weeks!! Anyway she said she is a steady lurker of our thread because she loves seeing the support we provide with one another, that her monthly thread was not that way. She PM'd me to offer support and prayers for my family. I told her to post--we share our support. So if she shows up in my absence....say hi for me!

I'll be back in and out through the day, doing laundry and housework trying to catch up.....which will never happen, but it is good to have a dream!

Kat

Good morning ya'll! Gloomy day here in Houston today. Tried to get on this morning but no luck. I had a wonderful weekend and stayed out way too much so I stayed home yesterday and got stuff done around the house.

The couples retreat that we did went really good. We're gonna just keep at this because I don't think we will ever stop needing help. Is that bad to have to work so hard with your partner? Sometimes I wonder about that. About couples that make it look effortless. We love each other so much so it would make sense to just be effortless but it's truly not. We each have bad sides to us and we try to keep that side at bay...

Laura - congrats on the -3!! Was it 3 or 5? I'll have to go back and look. But at least it wasn't a + anything!!

Janie - woohoo on -6! That's awesome too! Glad to hear the fill is working... Work the fill, work it girl...

And to all of us that are standing still or even gaining here is a big ol hug from me. ((((HUG))))

I'm going to the gym tonight and I'm going to try out a new treadmill workout that's supposed to kick your butt?? My sister is doing really good with it and she's steadily losing now finally, even though she doesn't always make good food choices. Here is the link if anyone wants to print it out...

Sizzle calories: Workouts: self.com

Laura - do you like any of the Kashi frozen dinners? They don't have alot of Italian stuff and they are sooo good. I buy them at Sam's in packs of four for the week.

Kimberly - WOW! I just saw your pics! Amazing! You are doing awesome. Please tell me you found a magical way of losing weight that does not involve exercise or making good food choices?? If so please share! LOL. No seriously though, you look awesome!

Oh and I saw your nursery pics laura. It looks so good!!! Can I move in, LOL? Carson's room looks 1000% times better than mine. I still haven't done a thing with it since we moved in. The walls are still a drab beige with nothing hung up. The bedspread on my bed is just my down comforter with a beige cover over it. I have beautiful furniture but I'm just sick of it. I've had it for 10 years already and I'm ready for a change. It's all blond maple wood and now I want a dark mahogany. I think this year will be the year that I finally pay attention to my bedroom and give it a little love. It looks so shabby compared to the rest of the house...

We just bought a new bed. We are downsizing from a king to a queen. Now we HAVE to snuggle. lol But really, since we have lost weight, we can downsize the bed....cool huh?!

TracyinKS....see? It didn't sting THAT bad did it? Good thing you got on them when you did....right?

That's funny you did that, I wish we'd never made the leap to king size bed.

I can't figure out how to move backward from here, but I hate having so much room.. we use to touch when we slept, now we're a million miles apart and when I even make an attempt to be close, it's not comfortable since we don't sleep in the middle.

I haven't tried Kashi's frozen dinners, are they really good?? I don't like their Cereal (I eat it on days my nose is clogged up bad).. tastes like cardboard. I have a Kashi frozen pizza in my freezer, I wanted to try it, but anytime I think about it.. I think of the nasty cereal.

We have a King Size bed, and really no need for it, we sleep on about half of it, in fact there are some mornings the other half still looks made!!! BUT----maybe it will last longer if we rotate it right!!! And there are times with grandkids that we have company! Connor won't sleep on his own.

Some days I really love my PCP!! Manda used to work for him, so I called and ask for him to call me in regards to my meds. He called, I told him what all was going on, he was so shocked--she never did get to see him, it began on a weekend, so she went to Urgent Care, then to the ENT. Anyway, explained what was going on, and he called my hives meds in and I did not have to try to fit a visit in to him in all this mess. Then he called back a short time later to tell me, that apparantly Manda had ask to have her records sent to him as well, but the office staff simply filed them and did not alert him. He wanted to apologize. Nice man. Too bad his wife is a witch!! LOL

I got another PM from a lurker of our thread!! Brenda--lubterp also sent one to wish us well. I always know I can count on you girls, but it was so surprising to hear from those that I don't talk to everyday---I thought it very sweet.

Now everyone tell me how good I did....LOL

I went to the store and right inside the front door, are baskets full of leftover Valentines Day candy 66% off. I resisted, even though there was a bag of Reeces hearts right on top that made my own heart skip a beat. Went and got my meds and left!

Time to change the laundry see y'all later.

Kat