Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Good morning ladies! I'm so glad it's Friday!!!

I've been MIA because I've been busy at work. Been in and out of the office most of the week. When I am here I have to just catch up...

Also at home we are planning our spring and our summer vacations so I've been to my mom's house almost every day this week. It's always a ton of us that go so the logistics are a nightmare.

AND the spring trip falls right on Spring Break and we already had weddings scheduled so then I had to go talk to Juan's mom about her getting someone to help her when I'm gone. Phew... so many things that have to fall into place...

What part of the country is without electricity right now because of the ice storms? Any of my lovies?? I was half listening to the radio yesterday when they said they would be without power until Februay... That really really sucks. Two nights ago we were down to about 33 degrees and I had to jack up my heat to 72. I don't know why I'm so thin skinned. I get cold very easily...

Judy, have fun with your grandkids today!!

Suzie, what was the movie about and who was it with? I haven't seen any promos about it here...

Laura - your bump is so cuteeeee!! I agree with all the other ladies, I look waaayy more pregnant than you, LOL.

Pammy - So exciting!!! How often are your meetings gonna be?? You already have such a full life and then to take this on too!! how exciting!!

Jane - my fill doctor always fill me standing up and the needle just sits there sticking out of me while she adjusts the machine to see my band. I try not to look down!! How's everything with you?

TracyKS - Have you seen the movie Twilight yet? Did you hear that they want Dakota Fanning to play the role of the vampire girl in Rome? Wouldn't she be perfect?? I'm gonna give book 4 a go at it next week...

Okay, i gotta ge back to my pile of work.... Catch up with the rest of ya'll laters!!!

Suzie - try very fatty Cookies. That always does the trick for me. But you have to chew them until they goo in your mouth. Try either butter cookies or oreos...

Good morning...... Suzie.. I would just say keep tryin to sip hot liquid.. you have great restraint.. I would be forcing myself to hack it up... but that is why I'm a PB pro! LOL

Also.......... THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will take a pic as soon as my phone charges and let everyone else in on my suprise mail yesterday!!!!!!

So...... me......... hmmmmmmm........... yesterday I did good all day until the very end.... not HORRIBLE.. but I swear there is this one concoction that is like crack to a junkie... it is cream cheese topped with pepper jelly with crackers.... DO NOT TRY IT!!!!!! I repeat..... DO NOT TRY IT! I can not turn away from it.........

coffee w/sf Creamer

calorie countdown

roasted chicken breast dipped in ranch

sharp cheddar sliced off a brick.....

that is my food plan for today......

Water Water water........

Haydee:

book one was OK, better than the movie

book two was quite depressing

book three was more action

book four is by far my favorite

book five (the partial out on the net) is very cool because it is book ONE written from Edwards perspective.. but it is not complete.

Good Morning, Vi's~~

Got out of the driveway ok... it took me 6 minutes to go down the worst part of it... I'd just let up on the brake a tiny bit @ a time...

The bake sale went well... we made almost $200! Speaking of baking, believe it or not I've got a batch of pumpkin bread in the oven right now! I'm getting my hair cut this afternoon, & I have to take a loaf for my stylist, as I didn't see her over the holidays. Will it never end?? :rolleyes:

I'm glad you like the book, Judy... did you get the Supermarket one? I LOVE IT & have already made a few easy changes that are more healthful for us! There's an e-mail newsletter you can sign up for, too.

Hope your move goes easily, Tracy!!

Congrats, Pam!!

Gotta dash... make it a great day, everyone!

I'm sticking with the hot cooa for the time being. I seriously thought last night about sticking my finger down there to see if I could get it back up. But right now it's sitting right on my band and I'm not going thru all that. It's got to dissolve here soon. And Haydee, your sugeestion made me luagh. Yeah, like I have Cookies here......cookies don't last here. My tummy is growling like crazy but untill this is dissolved I'm not trying any food.< /span>

Tracy, is it the package I sent you? I just only mailed that Tuesday afternoon. Boy that was fast.

My husband took the afternoon off and drove me 4 hours there, for a 5 minute unfill, and 4 hours back. We didn't get home until very late . . . but the roads where better than expected.

So as I suspected, I got a full unfill and my problems instantly dissapeared. I can eat again. Funny thing is, as miserable as I was and as happy to get the fill out, as I got back in the car I started feeling depressed and sad about being empty. My band partially filled was still giving restriction, now I know I will have absolutely none. How much can a person possibly gain in 18 weeks if they are trying to keep it reasonable . . . it can't be that much. Nothing reminds you more about how the band is only a "tool" then when it is occasionally unavailable, lol.

They said I can come back in June to get another fill. They went against their policy to let me keep a partial fill last time . . . and here I proved them right by coming in for an emergency unfill. I really wish they were more accomodating so that I could keep my fill at a manageable level instead of it being hands off.

Well, I should stop complaining about getting unfilled when yesterday morning I would have given a gazillion bucks to have it done, lol. This is just part of the journey.

Oh, and the movie we saw was "Inkheart". It starred Brandon Frasier. We are huge fans of his. Anyway, wait till it comes out on DVD. It was entertaining but not in a "Mummy" way, but it was good. I would just wait till it came out on video.

Heather, so glad that your hubby took you there. I agree with what you said about having the band and not realizing how much we depend on it till it's unfilled. You should do good, seems like you got a pretty good head for what's ahead of you. Hang in there and when the hungries hit just come here and we will help you out.

Laura, your bump is adorable. At least you have one. I started showing early between 10-12 weeks and just never got much bigger. I am still wearing my pre-pregnancy pants with long underwear underneath to boot.

Cool thing is, my husband got to feel the baby move for the first time. The look on his face was priceless. Now he is constantly feeling for it but the baby doesn't move very much around the usual time of day that he would do that, lol.

The other cool thing is that I could also see the baby move for the first time this week. My bare belly gets teeny tiny thumps . . . but they are visible. I feel like I could watch it for hours, but the baby is only active in little spurts.

pumpkin bread sounds really great this time of year. I will have to look up a recipe. I haven't had any in such a long time.

I have also been drinking hot cocoa lately but I limit it to 2 cups a day at most, usually only 1. It really hits the spot since I am laying off the coffee.

I am definitely going to pick up the twilight series. My son, who is a definite non-reader by nature, read the first book and said it was great.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Did I miss something Tracyks?

Suzie, I take Miralax every morning, no pills just mix it in your beverage, and no taste or change in texture. Really!

Tracyks I am wondering what I missed.

I hope Tracyk is doing okay moving!!!

Well off to work!!!

Jane

Where is everybody???

Ethan is resting on the couch. He's all bowled and baseballed out. DD Kris was here after her doctor's appointment. She has 3 weeks left and the doctor wasn't sure about her going tomorrow with us to see the rest of the family, but with a husband who is a P.A., her being an LPN and my DIL almost an RN, I think we can handle anything that might come up.

Lots of birds at the feeder today. Lately that has been a sign of bad weather coming up, but I don't see anything on the radar. Maybe they know something we don't.

Laura.. have a fun time this weekend!!

Suzie.. hope you're unstuck by now.

TracyK.. you gotta be one busy lady with all the packing.

Heather.. so glad you got the fill issues taken care of. I know about the distance to travel, but it's worth it to be able to swallow again!

PamELa.. it's interesting how different fills are with different doctors. Yours sounds so unusual to me! And Janie and Haydee.. I've never had to have a needle hanging out of me during a fill. That sounds bizarre!!

Michelle.. I got the restaurant one. Kris took it home with her to show Nathan. She was very interested in everything. I should order the supermarket one too.

TracyinKS.. I LOVE cream cheese and pepper jelly. We usuall have it at Superbowl get togethers. I'm really going to have to avoid it this time around. I have too many good days invested and don't want to ruin my record no matter how great it would taste.

Piehole report so far:

Breakfast: tuna, pineapple and soy nuts

Lunch: tuna, pineapple and soy nuts, green Beans, few spoonfuls of french onion soup

1 liter water

Not sure what we'll have for supper tonight. It's fish night at the restaurants, but I don't want to spend the money. I think I have some tilapia here.

Hope everyone is having a good day..

Will check back later.

Hey Girls~

I am going to costco tonight, and will look for that book, Eat This Not That! I didn't know they had different versions. We are buying the food for the party too...

I am beyond tired. 4:30 had caught up w/ me...the bell rings at 1:50, and you can count that I will be napping by 2pm! Sus works until 4:30...nappy nappy time for me!

HAHA...something funny for your Friday afternoon!

'You know you're a redneck when......

1. You take your dog for a walk and you both use the same tree.

2. You can entertain yourself for more than 15 minutes with a fly swatter.

3. Your boat has not left the driveway in 15 years.

4. You burn your yard ra the r than mow it.

6. The Salvation Army declines your furniture.

7. You offer to give someone the shirt off your back and the y don't want it.

8. You have the local taxidermist on speed dial.

9. You come back from the dump with more than you took.

10. You keep a can of Raid on the kitchen table.

11. Your wife can climb a tree faster than your cat..

12. Your grandmo the r has 'ammo' on her Christmas list.

13. You keep flea and tick soap in the shower.

14. You've been involved in a custody fight over a hunting dog.

15. You go to the stock car races and don't need a program.

16. You know how many bales of hay your car will hold.

17. You have a rag for a gas cap.

18. Your house doesn't have curtains, but your truck does.

19. You wonder how service stations keep the ir rest-rooms so clean.

20. You can spit without opening your mouth.

21. You consider your license plate personalized because your fa the r made it.

22. Your lifetime goal is to own a fireworks stand.

23. You have a complete set of salad bowls and the y all say 'Cool Whip' on the side.

24. The biggest city you've ever been to is Wal-Mart.

25. Your working TV sits on top of your non-working TV.

26. You've used your ironing board as a buffet table.

27. A tornado hits your neighborhood and does $100,000 worth of improvements.

28. You've used a toilet brush to scratch your back..

29. You missed your 5th grade graduation because you were on jury duty.

30. You think fast food is hitting a deer at 65.

Tracyks, I was expecting to come home and find your surprise?!?

Where is everyone for real!

Pamela I laughed so hard at some of those redneck things. I guess sometimes I amuse easy, but that had me laughing so hard.

Hi girls,

Spent the morning at MVD, the grocery store and just now come in from Walmart. I am totally and completely broke!

We use the pharmacy at our grocery store, here, so I went to pick up Rick's heart meds, and they are no longer on our formulary. Where I normally pay $40.00 a month, these were $174.60! I about croaked. I left them there, and come home and called his Dr here---they will not change his cardiologists Rx's. So I call Albq. to his cardiologist, and they cannot change it without seeing him. So by the time he takes a day off of work, and we drive 400 mile round trip to see the Dr. I am right back where I started. So I made him an appointment for Feb 12th (I think, heck I was so flustered by then I hope I wrote it down) and went back and bought his meds. He is going to lay an egg when he hears, he is likely to have a damn heart attack!

Then the MVD hit hard.....it is scary how broke I feel!

And Rick's work laid off the first round today. So he says he probably has another couple of weeks max. I have been praying hard that NM unemployment works out their issues in time for us. I have no idea what is going to happen. We will definitely be breaking into retirement, simply to survive. NM unemployment maxes out at $400.00 a week, so $1600.00 a month, and to pay cobra to continue the insurance for the child we are forced to pay Child support and insurance on, will be almost a thousand a month by itself, but her big expense is an on going bladder issue and a problematic knee, neither of which would be covered by an individual policy for 12 months if we were to try to go that way.

My head is spinning from it all.

I left the store, dropped off groceries, just to the table, took Kinsey to my Mom, and went for a ride. Cried it out a bit, and am ready (semi) to face whatever happens next.

I read in our paper about another family who the father killed his wife, son and daughter then himself. The family in CA made the news the other night, where the parents killed the 5 kids then themselves. I cannot fathom the depths of desperation....I mean in worst case scenario, committing suicide would be difficult to imagine, but actually shooting my child, I seriously cannot digest the thought. It saddens me to think that I know I am dealing with some depression right now in relation to it all, but to be THAT depressed. I cannot imagine.

Well, I need to get some firewood in, and pick up a few things....then I can kick back for awhile.

Everyone take care!

Kat

Edited by Kat817
someday I will learn to spell!