Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Speaking of pictures, please tell me the picture on the home page of the girl with the HUGE hypodermic needle sticking out of her belly has been photo shopped!!!!!!! EWWWWWWWWW

Edited by Teachlady

Terry, anyway to get that picture off of the home page?? That's enough to scare away anyone interested in lapband!!!

Laura - I can't believe how skinny you still are!! I looked like a whale by the time I was into my 3rd trimester!

You are barely showing!! Too cute!!

Prayers for Manda!

Tracyk I hope you are trying to take it as easy as possible in this move!!

Late for work!!!

Have a great day!!!!!!!!

Jane

Terry, anyway to get that picture off of the home page?? That's enough to scare away anyone interested in lapband!!!

you'd have to PM Alex, but I doubt he would do anything...he's all about 'full disclosure' and very little moderating/editing of posts.

Besides, Laura and Kat are your friendly LBT moderators now...I hung up my hat long ago.

I have my photo albums closed because I hated seeing all the gross pictures every time I visited the home page!! You just click the up/down arrow in this box:

post-213702-13813138100721_thumb.gif

Everyone says I'm a whale! In fact, when I'm in my jammies/undies and look in the mirror it looks huge to me. I was surprised at how small it looks in that pic :/

How often do I say that??

But my mom & russ both make comments about 'all the weight you've gained'. Pisses me off to no end, and I try not to think about it because it does make me so mad. I KNOW.. leave me alone!! Same with my doc, but I told ya'll that.

Oh, went and looked at the pic. It's not photoshopped, but it may look like a big bruise-- it's really just washed with betadine.

I don't think it needs censoring honestly, like Terry said.. full disclosure. I don't think babying people on the forums is the way to go.. if seeing a needle in a belly is enough to keep you from getting surgery--well then you don't need to get it, cause needles in the belly is part of it! And you are awake for it! :)

Laura, you look cute as hell! Don't listen to anyone else...and hello...how is already your 3rd trimester???? OMG that was fast!

I could use a little advice from veteran bandsters. I posted on the post-op forum but responses are usually from newbies that don't say anything specific.

My problem:

I think I need an emergency unfill. I pb'd badly on Sunday and since then I keep pb'ing. The problems is, when I have a bad episode it always seems to have a snowball effect in that I get progressively worse days on. My stomach is sensitive and swells easily.

I can get fluids in now but it takes hours for them to go down. I can not have anything thicker than Clear Liquids today (pb'd slimfast) but I am worried that by tomorrow, perhaps I won't be able to do liquids at all. This has happened to me twice before since I became pregnant but this is the first time that getting to my fill doctor will be so difficult.

My fill doctor however is 4 hours each way and the weather has been absolutely terrible. (My typical fills are short because I go to a branch office close to home but it will be at least another week before they have a clinic there). I wanted to go yesterday but the roads were not clear and everything was buried in ice and snow. I am not sure I can drive it in the shape I am in right now, especially the white nuckle winter driving when I am already sick and exhausted.

My fill doctor says come in, it is the best option. I may just do that but I am really put off by the drive. Nauseous pregnant women, very sick, uncomfortable and exhausted driving so far - not a pretty picture.

Has anyone ever attempted to go to the ER? If so, what was your experience? Do you think I can get an emergency unfill there?

Hey Heather, you definitely need to go get that unfill.

There's 2 sides.. for me, I have had a few days SUPER tight during pregnancy, that subside, then I'm wide open for a few days, etc.

On the other hand, the original super tight I got, I did get an unfill immediately, and if I hadn't, I can't imagine what my super tight days would be like.

If it's not getting any better from being on liquids, you need to get it handled ASAP.

My doc is 3 hours each way also, but I know of a band doc in town who will unfill me if I have an emergency (to the tune of $600!!), but if it's an emergency--it's an emergency.

My ER would call this guy in to do it, if I had to go to the ER for it (he was called when they thought I had appendicitis, just so a band doc was around if I needed surgery).

Just to ease your mind, I say call your ER and ask them if they have any docs experienced in the band that could do an emergency unfill. If they don't know what you're talking about, ask to talk to someone who can help you (some reason I think a receptionist that answers would be oblivious to this request).

If they can do it, and they ease your mind about who could do it.. I'd go get it done today. Other options, call bariatric surgeons in your area and ask if they band other patients, or can help with an emergency unfill.

Oh, went and looked at the pic. It's not photoshopped, but it may look like a big bruise-- it's really just washed with betadine.

I don't think it needs censoring honestly, like Terry said.. full disclosure. I don't think babying people on the forums is the way to go.. if seeing a needle in a belly is enough to keep you from getting surgery--well then you don't need to get it, cause needles in the belly is part of it! And you are awake for it! :)

Yes, I know it's not a bruise. That was obvious. I'm talking about the needle. I NEVER had a needle that big and certainly no one ever left it in my belly like that!! With a needle that size, there's no way it would stand straight up like that.

you'd have to PM Alex, but I doubt he would do anything...he's all about 'full disclosure' and very little moderating/editing of posts.

Besides, Laura and Kat are your friendly LBT moderators now...I hung up my hat long ago.

I have my photo albums closed because I hated seeing all the gross pictures every time I visited the home page!! You just click the up/down arrow in this box:

Thanks for the tip. Ya learn something new every day!!

Edited by Teachlady

I could use a little advice from veteran bandsters. I posted on the post-op forum but responses are usually from newbies that don't say anything specific.

My problem:

I think I need an emergency unfill. I pb'd badly on Sunday and since then I keep pb'ing. The problems is, when I have a bad episode it always seems to have a snowball effect in that I get progressively worse days on. My stomach is sensitive and swells easily.

I can get fluids in now but it takes hours for them to go down. I can not have anything thicker than clear liquids today (pb'd slimfast) but I am worried that by tomorrow, perhaps I won't be able to do liquids at all. This has happened to me twice before since I became pregnant but this is the first time that getting to my fill doctor will be so difficult.

My fill doctor however is 4 hours each way and the weather has been absolutely terrible. (My typical fills are short because I go to a branch office close to home but it will be at least another week before they have a clinic there). I wanted to go yesterday but the roads were not clear and everything was buried in ice and snow. I am not sure I can drive it in the shape I am in right now, especially the white nuckle winter driving when I am already sick and exhausted.

My fill doctor says come in, it is the best option. I may just do that but I am really put off by the drive. Nauseous pregnant women, very sick, uncomfortable and exhausted driving so far - not a pretty picture.

Has anyone ever attempted to go to the ER? If so, what was your experience? Do you think I can get an emergency unfill there?

Ditto what Laura said. You need to get it taken care of asap..