Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

I was banded Nov. 17, 2008. I had my first fill yesterday. I think 3cc. So far I've lost 33 pounds. It seems to be going slow. And even after having a fill I am still having hunger. I go back in two for a second fill if I need it. I imagine I'll keep the appointment. Being back in the gym has felt great! I am glad to sweat this weight off!

33 lbs in a month and a half is fantastic!

Omg all of ya guys are on your 2nd fill! I am barley going to get my first and I cant wait ! I am always hungry but I havent ate nothing that I shouldnt eat , which is more will power then I had before!

I am glad all my novembers are doing good!

Actually I am on my 3rd fill. I have my 4th fill scheduled for this monday. :thumbup:

I have only had one fill, but it was up to 4cc. I am extremely tight still and find it hard to eat in the morning. I have a 'window' to eat...like 11am-6pm and during the other times I feel like I need to be careful. I am still trying to introduce more solid food into my diet and it is slow going. I read somewhere that people like me probably could have fit the larger band, but the surgeon used the smaller one instead? I know that once I lose more weight it will lighten up a bit. I am taking my Vitamins and drinking my Protein Shakes everyday...so I am on top of the diet part.

I still had restriction when I got my first fill today. I was told that I got the small band. I know he usually puts a very small amt of fill in when he places it (forgot to ask), but I also wondered if maybe it was the band size.

Ok, here it goes...:thumbup:

I was at 260 when I decided to get help, and weighed 250 the day of surgery (11/4/08). I got the 14cc band, and my dr. put 2cc in that day.

I went back for my first fill 12/9/08 and was given 2cc. I have not seen a difference in what I can eat and can't wait to ask for more restriction, but I want to give it at least two more weeks with me following diet and exercise. As of this morning, I am at 230 but I have not moved in a week, but the day I hit that number I cried. It was my first personal goal I had set, and I was ecstatic. Now I am ready for my next personal goal to pop up on that scale!!! And it is so horrible wearing clothes that are way too big (I was a 24 the day of surgery and am now in an 18). Oh drat!!!

Good luck, my fellow Notorious Novembers!!!! :)

I was banded November 4th and I'm feeling great. I got my second fill today. I've lost about 20 pounds so far.

I was at 260 when I decided to get help, and weighed 250 the day of surgery (11/4/08). I got the 14cc band, and my dr. put 2cc in that day.

I went back for my first fill 12/9/08 and was given 2cc. I have not seen a difference in what I can eat and can't wait to ask for more restriction, but I want to give it at least two more weeks with me following diet and exercise. As of this morning, I am at 230 but I have not moved in a week, but the day I hit that number I cried. It was my first personal goal I had set, and I was ecstatic. Now I am ready for my next personal goal to pop up on that scale!!! And it is so horrible wearing clothes that are way too big (I was a 24 the day of surgery and am now in an 18). Oh drat!!!

That's huge!! Especially the amt of inches to drop that many sizes!! Hit those thrift stores or ebay! You deserve a new wardrobe!! Don't they have a lapbanders clothing exchange somewhere too?

I agree with you about checking this board daily! It's such a boost and can really help to strengthen my resolve when I need it! I just threw out all the chocolate and Cookies and candies and crackers left from the holidays! I was pretty good over the holidays, didnt lose, but didnt gain, either. I was banded on Nov 26th, 2008, and just had my first fill on Monday Jan 5th, and boy can I feel some restriction now!

Someone stated they can burp now, since their surgery, and yes!!! I agree! Its actually wonderful to be able to burp after not being able to for years and years and years! Of course, mine are little 'lady like' burps, but give me time, i'll be in there with the best of em at Super Bowl i'm sure! :-)

And I love it when people put quickie recipes here. I check the recipe link, too, but it's good to see them listed, gives me and everyone else great ideas!

Hugs to all!!!!

AWESOME Job... I hear ya on the clothes thing... Most of my pants it looks like I'm carrying somethign extra!!! Refuse to buy any NEW Clothes still spring!!! I found a great consigment shop nearby and bought a few smaller things from ebay!!!

Wow awesome job!!! :):thumbup:

Hello people!

I haven't chatted with the group in sometime, and I am regreting that, because I see that it has not helped me through this process. I was banded some time ago, but due to scheduling conflict I haven't had my first fill, well until later today. I started off well, during the holidays I stopped exercising and the freedom to eat sweets was very tempting. So me and the scale are not friends right now. However, I have started back working out (two days in so far), and the plan is to work out 4 days a week. I really feel bad, because having the surgery is a huge sacrifice and I was not doing my job. On a brighter note, people are still seeing the inches come off, so I guess things could be worse.

Hello people!

I haven't chatted with the group in sometime, and I am regreting that, because I see that it has not helped me through this process. I was banded some time ago, but due to scheduling conflict I haven't had my first fill, well until later today. I started off well, during the holidays I stopped exercising and the freedom to eat sweets was very tempting. So me and the scale are not friends right now. However, I have started back working out (two days in so far), and the plan is to work out 4 days a week. I really feel bad, because having the surgery is a huge sacrifice and I was not doing my job. On a brighter note, people are still seeing the inches come off, so I guess things could be worse.

Welcome back !! I also enjoy the boards it helps me feel like a whole team of people behind you and when you fall there are thousands of hands to help you back up. :)

My doc doesn't consider himself aggressive at all. He has a certain technique he uses for fills that has been very successful for his patients, reading when the body has had "enough" fill based on its reaction to the Fluid going in and whether it kicks back against the plunger of the syringe and starts to push the fluid back out. He has fantastic success rates and very low complications rates. He is one of the top surgeons in the DFW area and is the #1 doc in the area to do revisions on lap bands messed up by other surgeons. I am very happy with him.:)

Gentylwind,

What's his name? I'm on the first flight out of here! (Just kidding.)

I left it up to my doctor to decide whether I should come in today (seeing as I'm very sick). Of course, he said no. I have to wait til next Wednesday for my fill. It's just as well. I think the 40 minute drive down to the hospital would wipe me out.

I believe they say that we should only expect to lose 1-2 pounds a week, right? I know I'd like to lose at the bypass rate, but that's not what I signed up for. I ate too much over the holidays, since I have no restriction. (4cc band with no saline.) But, I've still been going down the scale. It had stalled for a little. Now things are moving along better.

I have hardly exercised at all, so I can't really complain. I don't belong to a gym (no $ right now) and it's pretty darn cold outside for walking. I'm in awe of those of you that talk about working out.

Once I'm back on my feet, I can at least dance for my workout, right??? I'm getting married in four and a half months, so you would think I would be really motivated to do all I can to lose some weight.

I think I'm back to suffering from last supper syndrome. Waiting for my fill. Now that it's another week out, I don't want to wait for better progress. WHAT an idiot I can be.

Thanks for listening to me play "True Confessions". I needed to hear me say it out loud.

Ginny,

I know you are feeling poorly. BUT LISTEN UP! You are doing fantastic! I look around here, and feel the same way....damn, I've only lost 16 lbs in 6 weeks. ONLY??!? Excuse me? That's pretty good! Any other diet and we would be doing cartwheels for having lost that much. So, don't compare yourself to others. You are doing great. Keep it up!

Elyse

Ginny,

I know you are feeling poorly. BUT LISTEN UP! You are doing fantastic! I look around here, and feel the same way....damn, I've only lost 16 lbs in 6 weeks. ONLY??!? Excuse me? That's pretty good! Any other diet and we would be doing cartwheels for having lost that much. So, don't compare yourself to others. You are doing great. Keep it up!

Elyse

:)Thanks, Elyse!

Please help! What do you guys do about taking your medication?? I just got my first fill and am scared to take my pills!! Before the fill I had no problem swallowing them but am afraid to now:confused: