Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

Hey everyone, Just back from 2nd Fill I now have 6cc's in my 14 cc band. Dr. said I should start to feel restriction again and to Chew sssslllloooow. I'm looking forward to the weight loss things haven't been great since my 1st fill ..portions size increased and the hunger every 3 hours was horrible despite how much Protein i ate. Looking forward to drop some lbs. he's thinking I should loose at least 2lbs this week...Hope so!!

Hey everyone, Just back from 2nd Fill I now have 6cc's in my 14 cc band. Dr. said I should start to feel restriction again and to Chew sssslllloooow. I'm looking forward to the weight loss things haven't been great since my 1st fill ..portions size increased and the hunger every 3 hours was horrible despite how much Protein i ate. Looking forward to drop some lbs. he's thinking I should loose at least 2lbs this week...Hope so!!

Good Luck Heather. I just got back from my 4th fill and feel no different. Came home hungry and ate, deli turkey, some chicken breast, 3 laughing cow cheese and some crackers. Had to stop cause I felt I was eating too much. Not because I was full. Already hungry again and it has only been 2 hours. UGH!!! I am getting so depressed how this just isn't working for me. I am at 7.2cc in a 10cc band. I don't get how so many can have restriction at so much less. Let me know how this fill goes for you.

Good Luck Heather. I just got back from my 4th fill and feel no different. Came home hungry and ate, deli turkey, some chicken breast, 3 laughing cow cheese and some crackers. Had to stop cause I felt I was eating too much. Not because I was full. Already hungry again and it has only been 2 hours. UGH!!! I am getting so depressed how this just isn't working for me. I am at 7.2cc in a 10cc band. I don't get how so many can have restriction at so much less. Let me know how this fill goes for you.

Hey Wannab,

I feel your pain. I'm sorry you are feeling so frustrated. I think a lot of the initial month or two is dealing with head hunger. Somedays I feel like I'm over it, and that if I'm busy and going to the gym and getting on with my day, I'll look up at 7 pm and realize I haven't eaten since 10 am. Other days, especially when I'm bored, I feel hungry all the time. I've only had one fill, and don't feel a lot of restriction, can still eat more than I feel I should be able to, and let the guilt of eating too much guide me, instead of the band. Anyway, I'm assuming you are down in the dumps, which always makes eating and feeling hungry a lot worse, which causes the downward spiral of eating. I don't really have any words of advice for you...just wish you luck. I think if you can keep your head up, and convince yourself the band WILL work, maybe you can conquer the hungries.

Elyse

I wonder why you got the large band??

I wonder why you got the large band??

Sorry. I guess I misread!! Have they checked your band and port to make sure there is nothing wrong there? I just can't believe you don't have restriction yet unless there is something wrong with it. I have only had one fill, same size and probably type band, and I could barely eat two ounces of meat and some green Beans when we went to dinner last night. I had to cut the filet in teeny tiny pieces. It took me forever to eat a small amt and still I left the place feeling like I either was stuck or over ate. I went and bought those papaya enzymes!

Have you seriously discussed it with your Dr?

Craziness I tell ya!! :lol:

Drinking before you eat really shouldn't be a problem. It's not like the liquid you drink is going to stay in your pouch for any length of time. If it does, I'd say you've got some pretty serious restriction!!! :cursing:

That's my reasoning too!!

Hello November's I've been hesitant in writing. My surgery was two months ago and my weight has gone up 5lbs. I was going to get my first fill last week and ended up with an infection. The infection was in my incision where the port is so he couldn't give me my fill. He said my weight loss will start after my new fill date which will be in 3 more weeks. I'm very disappointed but what can I do.:lol: I guess if I've been fat for 30 some years I can wait another 3 weeks. Best of luck to you all.

We are in this for the long haul!! I figure this is the first year I haven't gained at least 15 pounds over the holidays so starting the New Year with any loss is probably worth you celebrating!!

I bet you lose 4!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone, haven't posted in a while. I have been reading often for support. I was in the same boat as a lot of others, one fill, no restriction, starving all the time. Everyone who had had their band for a while said once you get restriction it gets better. It was great to read when I was having a hard time. I just got my second fill today. They put some in and I tried to drink Water and it came back up! They had to take some back out. Then it went down fine. I hope it last a bit. I was very stressed out from just talking to my boss on the phone so I don't know it the anxiety had anything to do with the restriction. I guess I'll find out. I Had lost 12lbs pre-op, and now 13 post-op. I finally made it to more post-op than pre-op, YA!!:lol:

My heart goes out to you.. It's so hard to overcoming that nagging " Eat Me Monster" I love that commercial for Weight Watchers with the " Hunger Monster" it's so true every whereyou turn it's there. I'm one of those people that gets a need for a taste of something and will not be satisfied till I eat it or if it tastes so I won't stop eating it till it's gone!!!:laugh:

I have had long talks with myself and only allow myself to eat when my tummy growls this way I know I'm hungry and it's not my head. this may be a dumbe question but hav eyou talked to your dr. about this to say " Hey when am I going to get my sweet spot'?

Don;t get discouraged... try writting things down with what you hate how much and then after a day or two you can see what foods hold you and for how long.. I had to do this to realize I need to change my Breakfast pattern. I now have to have 1/2 Protein Shake in the AM before I leave the house and eat my breakfast around 9 if I want to make it to lunch at 12:00pm. You can do this :ohmy:

I know you're sort of against me right now, given our argument the other day. But I was wondering if your doctor had actually removed all your fill before giving you more, just to see if what's in there is actually what he's calculated to have put in there?

The reason I ask is that one of my friends in the Dr. K thread, she wasn't feeling her restriction like she should have. So she went and had the doctor remove what was in there, and come to find out, she had much less than what should have been in there, leading the doctor to the conclusion that during the course of one of his fills, he must have missed the port and nicked the tubing, thus poking a hole in it and making it leak. They are now in the process of testing the theory, she's going back every two weeks or so to see if it's leaking out like they think. If that's the case, she's going to have to go under anesthesia again and have surgery to have her tubing replaced. :laugh:

I only tell this story as a way of letting you know that these things do happen, albeit rarely. You might ask your doctor to check for you, or perhaps he already has checked and you know for certain that there's nothing wrong with the tubing. I certainly hope that's the case for you. I wouldn't want anybody to undergo another surgery because the fill doctor made a mistake.

Please let us know what you find out!

I'm right with you - only had the 1 fill and my appetite is BACK!!!

I get my next fill a week from today. I am losing, just verrry slowly. I suspect I am closing in on my sweet spot and am hopeful this third fill will be the one. I have 6 cc in my 10 cc band right now.

WannaB, hang in there hon. Maybe the restriction will kick up in a day or two. It has taken about a week and a half to feel it completely with both of the fills I have had so far.

I think I have restriction. :laugh: Last night I was trying to get to my support group meeting and was running late. I decided to eat my canned green Beans first while I was waiting for my fish to cook. I could not get them all down and it was only 1/2 cup. Could only take 3 bites of fish and I was done. Finally. They always take out the Fluid on every fill to make sure how much is in there. So I asked why I am taking so long to get any restriction. She said I have a low BMI and my stomach may be small. She said I may need more to feel resticted. So I am excited to see how this week works for me and if I can lose. She did say I had lost 4 pounds since last week. I am not sure how correct that is since my scale says different. :ohmy: