Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

I need to. As you can see I am not losing compared to everyone else. I just started to this week with the last fill. But I am really struggling this week with being hungry and not over eating. So I am hoping on monday when I get that 4th fill I should be there.

I had my first fill Tues. and I am hoping it loosens up a bit. I cannot hardly eat. I feel the tightness in my chest with everything. I tried to eat chicken salad today, tiny bites, and it took me about 45 minutes to eat 1/4 cup. I guess this is how we are supposed to eat though!! I just wasn't expecting such restriction with the first fill. I won't complain much because I am self pay and would be bankrupt if I already had paid for 4!!!!!!!!! I hope you get good restriction with the 4th. I think my Dr. is very good at giving fills.

I am still throwing up sometimes. I havent had a fill yet. I can go days eating regular food (small amt, chew well) and success. Today I thruew up my lunch and dinner. What test can they do to see if my band is ok?

We had our surgery on the same day. I remember reading your posts about how hungry you were so early after surgery, and that you started eating regular foods early because you were so hungry - and I remember being in awe because we had surgery on the same day and I was feeling so different than you were.

Now you're saying that you're throwing up often, and you haven't even had a fill. I have not thrown up or PB'd once and I just had my 2nd fill yesterday. To me, what you are describing sounds like a tilted or a slipped band, especially since you haven't had a fill yet. You definitely need to talk to your doctor about this.

Edited by jmegirl

Now you're saying that you're throwing up often, and you haven't even had a fill. I have not thrown up or PB'd once and I just had my 2nd fill yesterday. To me, what you are describing sounds like a tilted or a slipped band, especially since you haven't had a fill yet. You definitely need to talk to your doctor about this.

Why would you tell her that to freak her out when you don't know that. Remember you to are very new to banding.

Why would you tell her that to freak her out when you don't know that. Remember you to are very new to banding.

I gave her my opinion - which is what she asked for.

Tell me, if you hadn't had a fill AND you were two months post-op AND you were vomiting when you eat sometimes AND you'd been vomiting occasionally when you eat since you started this whole process...wouldn't you have already called your doctor and asked about potential band slippage???

The difference here is, we had surgery the same day. And I watched her post for two or three weeks about how she was feeling and was amazed that she was so hungry, amazed that she was eating solids so soon, and was truly shocked when she posted about how many times she'd PB'd and vomited. When you're PBing and vomiting it could mean you're overeating and/or not chewing properly, or it could mean there's a slip. To have been vomiting and/or PBing for two months with no fill just SCREAMS at me "CALL YOUR DOCTOR" so I really was just trying to tell her to do that. Call the doctor.

We're all new at this, of course. But I'm sure I'm not the only one on here who feels like they've read every single thread on this site. I feel like I know more about the band than some people who have had it for a year. I probably don't, but I know what I've read. When you vomit and PB regularly, there's a problem. It's either you're eating too much, not chewing properly, or your band could be tilting or slipping. And if it were me, I'd have called my doctor within the first month.

Like you stated it is your opinion. You seem to have strong opinions on this site which are not always correct. I was only saying why freak someone out when you are very new to having the band, regardless how much you read. It is a learning process for everyone and to freak someone out for no reason is not cool. I know I would not want the added stress especially from someone who is not in the medical field to give. I am sure if she was really concerned about it she will call her doctor. But to give a diagnoses on something you yourself is learning about is a bit much. Sometimes it is better just to not say anything.

Every day is an adventure with my band. Sometimes I can eat fine, and then I have days where I can't eat anything. In the mornings I am too tight to eat and every once in a while in the evenings too. I have PB'ed and vomited a little bit, but nothing major because I am taking it VERY slow when I eat.

It definitely keeps me on my toes!

Like you stated it is your opinion. You seem to have strong opinions on this site which are not always correct. I was only saying why freak someone out when you are very new to having the band, regardless how much you read. It is a learning process for everyone and to freak someone out for no reason is not cool. I know I would not want the added stress especially from someone who is not in the medical field to give. I am sure if she was really concerned about it she will call her doctor. But to give a diagnoses on something you yourself is learning about is a bit much. Sometimes it is better just to not say anything.

You need to read my post again. I said it sounds like a slip or a tilt, and she needed to call the doctor. I did not tell her that she had a slipped band. I gave her my opinion.

Second of all, I'm rather sick of all the people on this site sugar-coating everything. If you eat pizza, chicken nuggets, and ice cream one day, then come on this site and complain that you ate crappy, you don't need someone to tell you that it'll be alright, you'll do better tomorrow. You need someone to kick you in the butt and help you get back on track. At least, this is what I'd want. Obviously I'm in the very small minority on that one.

This woman has said in many many posts how much she tends to vomit after eating. I know this because I pay attention to every post she makes, mainly because we had surgery on the same day and I wanted to see how she was doing. Why am I the only one to shout out and give the wake up call she needs about vomiting? It could be a slip! I'm not saying it is, but it could be!!

She asked if there was a test to find out if her band is OK - YES, there is a test, and your doctor can do it! So if you've thought about it being a slip - and obviously you have or else you wouldn't have posted that last question - then perhaps you're realizing that you should call the doctor and make sure everything is OK.

And WannaB, you didn't answer my question to you. If you had had no fills, were 2 mos post-op, were vomiting often after you eat, and had been doing so practically since you started eating solid food - wouldn't you already have called the doctor?

I'm done with this topic. Everyone on this site seems to placate people and be nice and tell them what they need to hear. But no one wants to hear the truth. The truth is what's important, and that's what I'm going to give you.

I need to. As you can see I am not losing compared to everyone else. I just started to this week with the last fill. But I am really struggling this week with being hungry and not over eating. So I am hoping on monday when I get that 4th fill I should be there.

Good luck with your 4th fill. I'm able to eat everything right now - I do feel the band stopping me at a certain point to I can't overeat but I am eating something every 2 hours like clockwork. I can't wait until I'm full for longer periods of time. I'm not losing very fast - I just started exercising last week. I'm hoping to get into a consistent routine with exercise (it's just hard to find the time).

I am still throwing up sometimes. I havent had a fill yet. I can go days eating regular food (small amt, chew well) and success. Today I thruew up my lunch and dinner. What test can they do to see if my band is ok?

When you go in for your fill, they'll probably have you drink some barium and watch on the fluoroscope to see if it's passing ok, and if the band is restricting....they'll know then. Do you get the golf ball in your chest while you're eating? If so, that's a precursor to vomiting and it means you didn't chew well enough or took too large of a bite. Since it's only happening every so often, it's probably no biggie. My Dr. says if you slip your band you are gonna know it, cause the pain is bad. Maybe you are eating a certain thing that doesn't sit well with it? Is there a certain food that makes you vomit (bread?) For me, chicken doesn't go down very well. Good luck! Let us know....

Jmegirl- I appreciate your advice and it did not freak me out. I will call my dr monday. I have had too many episodes of PB/vommitting. I have lost 15-18 lbs so far but throwing up is not the way to do it.

Please don't jump on anyone for sharing their opinions. I watch her posts too b/c we were banded on the same day. We are all here to share our own advice and experiences.

Good luck with your 4th fill. I'm able to eat everything right now - I do feel the band stopping me at a certain point to I can't overeat but I am eating something every 2 hours like clockwork. I can't wait until I'm full for longer periods of time. I'm not losing very fast - I just started exercising last week. I'm hoping to get into a consistent routine with exercise (it's just hard to find the time).

Hi lfein229 :thumbup: I am right there with you on the exercise routine. I did really good for awhile but the last week i've slacked off a lot. I'm planning on really picking up the pace next week. I'm finally starting to see the pounds come off again. That 2nd fill did it for me. I get stuck sometimes but as long as i chew chew chew, it does ok. :thumbup: Mornings are insanely restricted for me. Even Water i can fill go through the band, but as long as i drink a few good gulps about 15 minutes later i can get some Breakfast in. This morning i was only able to eat 1 egg and half a piece of bacon :mellow: It was so great. I used to eat 3 eggs and tons of bacon for breakfast. I'm so happy that it's finally starting to really work out. I do get hungry every few hours, but as long as i eat a good amount of Protein for the meal, it lasts usually until the next meal. I am again loving the band. :cool2:

I hear ya. How many cc's do you have? I have 6.2cc in a 10cc band. I am always hungry and can eat way too much.

I am hoping mondays fill will do the trick. How many fills have you had?

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I travel a lot for my job and life has been crazy. I've spent the last hour reading and catching up on where everyone is and how the November Bandsters are doing!! I had my first fill this week and things are going really good. I don't have super tight restriction but my eating is definitely been so much less! I am eating my Protein first and so forth.

I do have one question. I have heard that when you have good restriction you are not able to eat in the mornings, like breakfast time. I am able to eat, basically as soon as I get up. Do you think I don't have good restriction? I had 2.8cc in band at surgery and then had 1.8cc put in at my fill. I don't feel super restricted but do feel full after eating not much!! I don't weigh my food but I eat a small piece of chicken or fish, or maybe 2 eggs for breakfast and so forth. I love all the advice I get on this site! Good luck everyone!!

Surgery date: Nov. 20

Weight at surgery: 280

Current weight: 249

ps I still can't figure out how to the weight ticker on my profile. LOL

I have only had 1 fill so far (6 weeks after surgery is his standard) and he gave me 4cc's in a 14cc band. I scheduled my next fill for 3 weeks after the 1st. Sometimes, I can tell that if I'm eating something that might not agree with me - I have to stop for about 5 minutes, I burp and then I can continue to finish the meal. But like I said - My meal portions are definitely smaller. Not as small as I it should be though -