Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

I am disappointed. I went to dr yesterday for a fill and they would only give me 1cc on top of the 2cc I had. I have only lost 11 lbs since November.

I feel your pain. Hang in there. It is so weird that every doctor has different ways to do things. Although when I went in last week they gave me 1cc cause I begged her to when she only wanted to give me .5. So she did and she had to take .5 back out. [i was not able to swallow the Water very well. It was gurgling.] So this week I got that other .5 back in and was fine. So sometimes it is better to go slow. I guess it takes our stomachs a little while to get use to each fill.

Hey folks!

I had my fill last Wednesday, and discovered that I had 2cc in me already. They placed another 1 1/2cc so, I guess I am going strong. I think that I feel the restrictions moreso in the morning, but I realizes that my mind is trying to catch up with the fact that we are restricted. I am also been working hard to exercise, because I realize that this fat will hold on as long as it can if I am not working out. I am imagining that depending upon how much I loose between now and my appointment next week, will determine how many cc they place in my stomach.

I although I had my surgery nearly 2 months ago, I still feel some disappointment that I haven't had much more of a weight loss. My desire is for the weight to leave never to come back, so I know I have to learn how to eat properly and consistantly for that to happen. We all have to stay encouraged and continue to support one another through this journey. We will get there!!!

Hey everyone. :laugh: I am so excited. I hit 25 pounds lost. :ohmy: I feel so satisfied with a small amount of food. Things are really starting to look up. My mom gets her first fill today. She's excited. I hope things go great for her too. :wink2:

Hey everyone. :ohmy: I am so excited. I hit 25 pounds lost. :wink2: I feel so satisfied with a small amount of food. Things are really starting to look up. My mom gets her first fill today. She's excited. I hope things go great for her too. :thumbup:

:laugh:

Congrats! That is awesome. Keep up the good work!!!

That is great that you have lost 25 pounds!! Woohoo, you are on your way. I need to correct my ticker as I have gained 5 pounds since Christmas. I am on a terror to exercise and get back to being as strict as I was when I first got banded. I was really carefull and then portions started getting bigger. I also realized that I stopped measuring everything and I Know my eyes portions are bigger than the amount of food measured. I am somewhat sore from exercising yesterday but more exercise takes the soreness away, right??

That is great that you have lost 25 pounds!! Woohoo, you are on your way. I need to correct my ticker as I have gained 5 pounds since Christmas. I am on a terror to exercise and get back to being as strict as I was when I first got banded. I was really carefull and then portions started getting bigger. I also realized that I stopped measuring everything and I Know my eyes portions are bigger than the amount of food measured. I am somewhat sore from exercising yesterday but more exercise takes the soreness away, right??

It sure does. Keep up the good work. I gained around the holidays too, but I got it off and you will. I can gain and loose 5 pounds like that (snap), so your body will know what to do with you in the gym. No worries.

:laugh:

HI Guys

Just wanted to give everyone a quick update. I know that like most people I come on when I am struggling so also wanted to share the triumphs. I had my first fill last week and things have been going really good! I am feeling good restriction and at the same time able to eat what I need! I have not been sick at all! So I just wanted to say thanks for all your support on this site!!

Tammy

November 20 surgery

January 7th 1st Fill

Weight at surgery 279

Weight now 245!!!

Ok, so who is doing what for exercise? I'm struggling with what I should be doing. I do cardio 4 to 5 times a week-elliptical for 25 minutes. I also do strength training three times a week, but wonder if there is any reason until I burn off some more fat? I actually have quite a bit of muscle according to my dr. (lean body mass is 125 lbs)--and don't want to build any more. Anyone??

I actually went to a trainer this week, I have a total of 10 sessions with him. Anyways, he said that even at my weight I need to be doing at LEAST 30 Minutes of cardio. It takes that long to get to the place where you are burning fat. Also he had me do a cardio test so that I know what my heart rate should be during that 30 minutes. Each of us is different. You might check to see if there is a gym near and invest in one training session so you can get those goals. He is also having me do weight training, right after the cardio inorder to keep my heart rate up longer, and burn more fat!! Good luck!:laugh:

Ok, so who is doing what for exercise? I'm struggling with what I should be doing. I do cardio 4 to 5 times a week-elliptical for 25 minutes. I also do strength training three times a week, but wonder if there is any reason until I burn off some more fat? I actually have quite a bit of muscle according to my dr. (lean body mass is 125 lbs)--and don't want to build any more. Anyone??

Wow that is amazing. You're doing great on the exercise. I definitely need to step mine up a bit. Yesterday I swam for 30 minutes. It was a pretty good work-out but I need to go more often. I talked myself out of going today so i'll be there tomorrow rain or shine. I haven't been in about a week I slacked off a bit but now that i'm feeling more comfident I think I can make myself go more often. I can't wait until the weather is better so I can go outside more often. It's so cold right now. I will be swimming a ton in the summer too :)

Well, I had my first fill on January 9th. I'm not feeling any restriction yet. Scheduled another for Feb 6th. Hope it works better. I had 1cc in a 14cc band and he gave me 2cc for a total of 3cc. Stuck at same weight for last 3 weeks or so.

Fillerup,,,,,please!

Good Luck Heather. I just got back from my 4th fill and feel no different. Came home hungry and ate, deli turkey, some chicken breast, 3 laughing cow cheese and some crackers. Had to stop cause I felt I was eating too much. Not because I was full. Already hungry again and it has only been 2 hours. UGH!!! I am getting so depressed how this just isn't working for me. I am at 7.2cc in a 10cc band. I don't get how so many can have restriction at so much less. Let me know how this fill goes for you.

I'm suprised that you were able to eat right after a fill. My doctor told me that I have to do full liquids for 24 hours - then 1 day of mushies, then 1 day of soft foods. I was told at our support group meeting that they have us do this because if you eat foods right away, you can stretch the band back out.

I'm suprised that you were able to eat right after a fill. My doctor told me that I have to do full liquids for 24 hours - then 1 day of mushies, then 1 day of soft foods. I was told at our support group meeting that they have us do this because if you eat foods right away, you can stretch the band back out.

My doc said just take it easy and eat slow ... no diet restrictions.

I am happy to hear that everyone is doing so good! My weightloss is steady but I know it can be so much more if I go to the gym. So starting today I am going to workout 6 days a week like I did in the past. I have a goal similar to Heathers. I want to be under the 200 mark by the middle of May. I know I can do it I just need to stick to an excercise program. I will keep everyone posted on my progress. Happy Banding to you all!

I have my first fill tomorrow. Finally. I've been so emotional the past three days. I don't know if it's PMS, wedding jitters, or maybe I'm nervous about my fill. Could be all three I suppose. Meanwhile, I must stay away from sharp objects when I am with other people. :)