Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

I am looking forward to getting my 2nd fill on the 20th of Jan. I need more restriction and need to lose more weight. I am doing good, only throw up when I drink too soon after eating... but I am just too darn thirsty.. lol

I am looking forward to getting my 2nd fill on the 20th of Jan. I need more restriction and need to lose more weight. I am doing good, only throw up when I drink too soon after eating... but I am just too darn thirsty.. lol

I know what you mean about being really thirsty. Especially after I've finished my meal, I crave a nice, big, cold, drink.

This may sound weird, but it actually helps me a lot. I get some cold, fresh, Water and rinse my mouth out over and over in the bathroom sink. It refreshes me and makes me feel better!

Not quite as good as drinking it down in the old days, but better than throwing up.

I know what you mean about being really thirsty. Especially after I've finished my meal, I crave a nice, big, cold, drink.

This may sound weird, but it actually helps me a lot. I get some cold, fresh, Water and rinse my mouth out over and over in the bathroom sink. It refreshes me and makes me feel better!

Not quite as good as drinking it down in the old days, but better than throwing up.

I get really thirsty when I'm done eating as well. I have started taking a sip or two of something to drink, usually Crystal Light, when I'm done eating - just to sort of get the taste of food out of my mouth and to relieve the dryness. But I don't drink anymore than that, and then I wait at least 45mins before drinking anything else.

My nutritionist said that it's ok to sip some Water during meals. I don't do it at home, only when I'm out. I just ate dinner and am dying of thirst.

Hey we should be buddies. We have about the same weight lost with about the same left to go and we were banded on the same day.

Why would you need more restriction if you are throwing up already?? I have never thrown up, have had 1 fill, and feel I have enough restriction. Are you sure you are not just eating too much out of habit? I know sometimes if it's in front of me, when I eat out, I tend to eat more than I should.

I get really thirsty when I'm done eating as well. I have started taking a sip or two of something to drink, usually Crystal Light, when I'm done eating - just to sort of get the taste of food out of my mouth and to relieve the dryness. But I don't drink anymore than that, and then I wait at least 45mins before drinking anything else.

I asked about that, "just a sip to get the taste out", and I was told to swish and spit it out!!

I asked about that, "just a sip to get the taste out", and I was told to swish and spit it out!!

My doctor says as long as it's no more than those two small sips it can't really hurt anything. I'm talking small sips mind you, maybe a total of 3 teaspoons worth of liquid.

Every doctor is different, and that's got to be one of the most frustrating things about this whole process. What's good for the goose isn't good for the gander, so to speak. I am constantly annoyed by what I read on this site that doctors have said to other patients, because what I've heard from my own doctor is so different!

Carbonated beverages, straws, fills and how often you get them, pre-op diets, post-op diets...:thumbdown:

My doctor says as long as it's no more than those two small sips it can't really hurt anything. I'm talking small sips mind you, maybe a total of 3 teaspoons worth of liquid.

Every doctor is different, and that's got to be one of the most frustrating things about this whole process. What's good for the goose isn't good for the gander, so to speak. I am constantly annoyed by what I read on this site that doctors have said to other patients, because what I've heard from my own doctor is so different!

Carbonated beverages, straws, fills and how often you get them, pre-op diets, post-op diets...:wub:

Jamie I agree with you... this variations are so diffrent even by Dr's in the same state. I think everyone needs to take a step back and realize that we are all so different and not one of our bodies are the same.. so even if we were banded on the same day and following the same diet we won't have the same results.:cheers2: Just in my office alone sometimes the dietician contradicts what the Dr. says it's enought to make you go mad:lol:.

I had a meeting this weekend with 4 people that have had the band for 4 years and younger and it was great to hear the diffrent feelings they had for the band. The one thing that they all agreed on was a Journal... They logged everyday what they ate, how many calories, how much weight they lost on a weekly basis. They found it as a great refrence so when wieght loss was slow or no existant they could go back and review.

So guess what I started today... a Journal. Everyone have a great week those that aren't loosing our day will come those that are keep up the good work and rembember "you do what works for you". I wil now climb off my soap box !!!:thumbdown:

Ummmmm, DUH! I didn't mean throwing up. I meant washing the food through my pouch.

Sometimes I'll brush my teeth,too, if it's convenient.

Had my first reall "stuck" episode yesterday I think. I went to dinner at a Thai food place with some girlfriends, and on my way home I had the most awful shoulder pain, worse than after surgery, while I was driving home. It lasted about 15 minutes, and then I felt a kind of burbling in my throat and suddenly the shoulder pain was gone completely.

Anyone ever have that happen??

Carbonated beverages, straws, fills and how often you get them, pre-op diets, post-op diets...:thumbdown:

Jaime isn't it amazing how different the docs are? Mine tells me even one small sip can turn the food into mush and it goes through easier. She's informed me not even a swallow of liquid for 30-45 minutes after eating. That is the hardest thing for me but i bought myself one of those 2 dollar timers with the loud loud chime on it LOL. I set it for 30 minutes after I eat and won't drink until it goes off. It's really helped a lot. She also contradicted my surgeon and told me that drinking before the meal shouldn't be an issue. My surgeon told me nothing to drink 15-30 minutes before and 30-60 minutes after. It's amazing how many opinions there are out there. I'm basically using using the doc that does the fill and drinking before but not after. So far so good. :wub:

Jaime isn't it amazing how different the docs are? Mine tells me even one small sip can turn the food into mush and it goes through easier. She's informed me not even a swallow of liquid for 30-45 minutes after eating. That is the hardest thing for me but i bought myself one of those 2 dollar timers with the loud loud chime on it LOL. I set it for 30 minutes after I eat and won't drink until it goes off. It's really helped a lot. She also contradicted my surgeon and told me that drinking before the meal shouldn't be an issue. My surgeon told me nothing to drink 15-30 minutes before and 30-60 minutes after. It's amazing how many opinions there are out there. I'm basically using using the doc that does the fill and drinking before but not after. So far so good. :cheers2:

Craziness I tell ya!! :thumbdown:

Drinking before you eat really shouldn't be a problem. It's not like the liquid you drink is going to stay in your pouch for any length of time. If it does, I'd say you've got some pretty serious restriction!!! :wub:

I haven't been on in awhile!! Surgery was November 13 and I'm here for some reinforcement. The holidays were not good for me and I'm only down 10 pounds (which I was down at my first appointment. Got my first fill on Friday and am back at this full-force. I had surgery before the holidays thinking it would help me to NOT gain weight. My portions are alot smaller but I don't feel like I have enough restriction. I am one that has problems with bread. It always gets stuck. Oh well. I am human and I have food issues!!! Nothing new there...but back on track for the New Year.

Hello November's I've been hesitant in writing. My surgery was two months ago and my weight has gone up 5lbs. I was going to get my first fill last week and ended up with an infection. The infection was in my incision where the port is so he couldn't give me my fill. He said my weight loss will start after my new fill date which will be in 3 more weeks. I'm very disappointed but what can I do.:cursing: I guess if I've been fat for 30 some years I can wait another 3 weeks. Best of luck to you all.