Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?ctober ?dyssey 2008

Hello to everyone!!!

I was banded 10/13, but I'm just now getting a chance to play on the computer. My laptop died right after surgery :eek:. Anyway, I feel great! I was completely shocked how little pain there was from the actual surgery. I didn't even need to take any of my pain meds. Now the gas pains on the other hand - I thought I was dying! The only thing that has helped with the gas has been rolaids softchews. It took me nearly 30 minutes to eat one! They're Gummy and I was so afraid of swallowing too much at once. I had the gas for a solid week. Thankfully, it is going away. I have my surgery follow up today.

I hope everyone else is doing well!!

Oh, I'm down 16.7lbs already :eek:

Good to hear myturn. I am so happy for you. I am amazed at my weight loss. I am down to 263 lbs and on my surgery date I was 291 that's 28 lbs in 15 days. I know a lot is Water weight but hey I take what I can get.

Edited by LoveIslovely
mistake

Best wishes and prayers today for: blueangelkc80; bugginbri; Oregonirish55; PrettyJenny tx

and for tomorrow..

illinoishusker; bradley18; tyme2getrite; ktravel; tas; likebefore; ~Jenni~; DMULLENIX; kellypup; JMignott

Thanks for all the encouragement for those who have already been banded!

I lost 10 lbs pre-op then gained a pound right after surgery. It's only downhill from here! :smile: My doctor doesn't prescibe narcotics...but I had an old prescription and took one last night and a 1/2 this morning. I really needed it!

~~anne

I'm sure they pumped you full of fluids. Keep drinking like you should. You will shed the extra fluids you got from your IV in no time.:smile:

Hello fellow Smashing Pumpkins!

I don't remember which one of you told me about this, so I want to say thanks if it was you.;) I have not had much luck with the Protein Drinks, they have a terrible aftertaste to me. Anyway, someone recommended unjury.com and I am so happy she did. I love their chocolate and vanilla Protein shakes!

Thanks again and YUMMY!:)

Hi Bimbabe!! Unjury doesn't have an aftertaste? I thought I'd heard they did. The one I can stomach thus far is Atkins. A friend bought me some Muscle Milk drinks at costco. They're spewy! I just ordered two Davinci syrups. Said it would take 3 business days; I surely hope it's less!!! I've heard of a couple people mixing in powdered cheesecake pudding mix.

Hi Bimbabe!! Unjury doesn't have an aftertaste? I thought I'd heard they did. The one I can stomach thus far is Atkins. A friend bought me some Muscle Milk drinks at costco. They're spewy! I just ordered two Davinci syrups. Said it would take 3 business days; I surely hope it's less!!! I've heard of a couple people mixing in powdered cheesecake pudding mix.

PS - I'm a week out and have lost 13.5 pounds driving me straight into Twoterville - woohoo!!!!! ;)

Congratulations SickNTired!

Prayers and good thoughts tomorrow and the next day for: Holly718 and vivien.

Let me tell you, the gas is the worst part no matter what you do to try to prevent it. The other thing that I think I did wrong was to drink "normally" afterward. I couldn't understand why my chest hurt so much and then it hit me that I was probably drinking too much too fast. Today, I am SIPPING over a long period of time. Of course, it's more difficult to get in my calories that way on full liquids but still...I feel better.

Hope this helps someone!

~~anne

Edited by annecolorgreen

Congratulations SickNTired!
Congrats SickNtired, I am sooo happy for you!!!!!!!

Thanks y'all!!! Being on liquids is really tough but thank goodness the scale is moving! I only weigh every other day. It took probably 5 days to lose the hospital saline do don't freak out if you hold onto the hospital saline!!!

ALSO: Something I have done is to take a small pillow and tuck it under my stomach when I sleep on my side. It helps with the pulling around my new port on my right side. FYI!

Bimbabe glad you like them, also try Oh Yeah (GNC) I think you'll like them. It is hard to find ones that you AND your tummy like. Right now I drink a bullet a day (split into two servings) and a Oh Yeah drink on the days when I want something rich.

I messed up. I have given up bread, Pasta, rice and potatoes. That is my pre-op diet. I have been doing ok and I have lost 14 lbs. Tonigh I forgot my ah, ha moment. I had a test and I failed. i went out with friends and I failed. I suffered a last supper. I thought I will have what I am craving and I know it will be full of fat, but I won't be breaking my diet.

I won't go into it. I know many of you are on Clear liquids. By what I had was breaded and I didn't think about it until after I was done. Of course the 3 grey goose and cranberry juices didn't help. I screwed up.

So now I have to ask what did I learn from this? I learned that I need to remember that when socializing food doesn't make things more fun. That was my ah, ha moment. A few weeks ago I realized that food is not supposed to be fun. It is there to survive. It isn't fun. Fun is shopping for regular sized clothes and making love to your husband and feeling sexy. Fun is rock climbing and jumping up and down when you son makes a great miniature golf shot. Fun is sitting in a chair and feeling comfortable without a table in from of me to hide my body. Fun is not eating. Food doesn't want me to feel good. Food doesn't make me feel better. Food isn't my friend. It isn't my enemy. It is neutral. It is there to sustain life.

I flunked my test, but instead of feeling like giving up like I usually do I am going to learn from it. I wanted to get in the 260's before my surgery. I may have just cost me that milestone. I will survive. I will achieve. I will learn from my mistake. I will research and be prepared the next time I am invited out with friends. It may take more work....but a skinnier butt is worth it!

The first step is you recognized a mistake.

Can't change yesterday!

Today is a new day.

Focus on the son, husband, and feeling great about yourself. YOU WILL TRIUMPH.

Julie,

Forgive yourself and thank goodness today is a new day and a new oppertunity to eat healthy. Afterall, we are all human! Give yourself a hug and take care of you!:mellow:

October 27- ebonie1015; alabamagirl1975; dicustr413; suziq53

October 28-Michele777; Rosie Sage

October 29-knickerbocker; ~Bridgette~; SCTexasGirl; julie.ann; lauriel; dirigo; CMTurner; sunwyse; Altoonasoup; chrisfer1;wvgal33; gracie78; Tamisha; Road less traveled; debbie brooks; tomatogirl; vicbrad; mvane08 October 30-kygirl31;Slim2bnik

October 31-watermum; lambgram

This is the last week in October. Hats off and prayers for all that are to be banded this week!!!!!

:mellow: