Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?ctober ?dyssey 2008

Here's a new question for all of you. Especially those that are alread banded and those of us that aren't.

How often are you weighing in? Are you weighing at home? Decided to wait until you fill appts? What is your plan. I know I am going to want to weigh, but I don't want to get discouraged before my first fill.

I check myself occasionally on the Wii Fit, but it does not weigh the same as the clinic's scale. I'm using the clinic's weigh-ins as my official weights. I go back up in two and a half weeks for my first fill, and am looking forward to some real validation that I'm doing this right!

Annecolorgreen!! This is it!:pray2: :thumbup:You and jogirl, fortunate1, sandielaw, lorilei, purplesloane, BootyBee, Little Bit, imamld3, morph521, kjhack and mcornejo1983 will all be in Band-Land by this time tomorrow!! Whoot!:grouphug:

We will all be thinking about you & everyone else who was banded earlier this week, today and in the coming days!!

Best of Health to each one of you!

Hey Karen do you weight more or less then the WII? I weight more on the Wii and less at the doc's office.

Definitely more on the Wii - another reason to use the scale at the doctor's office!:grouphug:

I weigh a few times a week at home, down two more lbs this morning but please know in advance that you can go up and down a few lbs all the time so don't get upset if you eat nothing and go up, it's just part of the deal.

Good Luck everyone going today!

hey all been home since yesterday,before surgery i didnt have to go on a certain diet so my question is my stomach is like growling lol is that gas or just im hungry?maybe both?i got banded monday,i cant wait to get to mushies

hey all been home since yesterday,before surgery i didnt have to go on a certain diet so my question is my stomach is like growling lol is that gas or just im hungry?maybe both?i got banded monday,i cant wait to get to mushies

omg, me either. i had a follow-up appointment w/ my surgeon today. i said, "do i really hafta be on liquids 2 more weeks." turkey said yes. :sad_smile: i may eat my shoe by then!!!

Well, I am home! I had to stay overnight, and I was not planning on it. They said it was Tricare who required it. Which is funny because most insurance companies want you out ASAP.

I have an interesting little on-board pain pump thingy.... It's called OnQ. I have all these little tubes connected to catheters and this little ball of medicine in a pouch, that I wear around like a purse. It delivers a numbing medicine like Novocaine to my incisions. They said I could take it out on Thursday, but I think I will leave it in till all the medicine is gone.

I feel pretty good. I have some pain in my neck/shoulder. It's either the gas they talk about being caught under your diaphragm and pushing or it's the bad pillows at the hospital. I have some pain in my chest and the doctor said that was from the port.

I got a prescription for liquid hydrocodone. I just took 10ml. Will see if that helps. I also took a Gas-X strip.

I weighed 296 before the surgery yesterday. I had my Mother take some before pictures.

I am on Clear Liquids for 3 days, then full liquids for 5 weeks. eggs are not on the full liquid diet :sad_smile:. I was looking forward to eggs. When did you guys get to start eggs?

Oh by the way for those that are hungry. My Bariatric Coordinator nurse said that if you are hungry to have more Protein. That it's OK to have more than you 60 grams (my recommended amount) if your body is still telling you it is hungry. She said to make 6 oz at a time, and drink it over a 3 hour period.

Guest BikiniBeachy

penny congrats! I had the onQ pump too. Pulling it out was so weird. It reminded me of a sci fi

Movie. I waited longer than they said to pill it out and I regretted it as my body had scanned around it so I had to pull the scab off to pull it out! That incision may scar worse than the others since it has to scab over again after that. Glad you are home! Good luck, 5 weeks seems

So long to me but each surgeon is different an you're going to lose a ton !

Oh by the way for those that are hungry. My Bariatric Coordinator nurse said that if you are hungry to have more Protein. That it's OK to have more than you 60 grams (my recommended amount) if your body is still telling you it is hungry. She said to make 6 oz at a time, and drink it over a 3 hour period.

Congrats Penny! Thanks for the great information and the advice about the protien.

On my pre-op diet I am getting about 120-130 grams of protein a day. I'm really not hungry with 1100-1200 calories a day. Of course with the band the portions will be MUCH smaller.

October 1- shanna234; salome000; wvprisonrn; 9pdmnm5; linro123; Meschultz; Elfaba thegood; LINRO123

October 2-Vidahlia; NEWLIFE4BEV; mrsrdh; mamac; kdraves; emialiabri; markfarnsworth; Bratty_Nicole; Carriejess; Terry in KY

October 3-Miss Undastood; SaraJaneQ; LoneStarLoser; Cyndi2464; purplerose; brandie; garysmithey; Ara; Mistydaz; atomanne

October 6-Odawa; DeeH; sim78; bandedCG; sweetgothic; daydreamer1; artistapril; roxann; MississippiGirl; trinaj; JerryBlade; SeaSide

October 7-nighttart6; melboyd; EllindaGreek; NFaith; PandorasMom; Betelnut; mimilou; mark2842; lula23; harleyc; odawa ; short n' sassy; longhorn girl; cellis82; grannytwinkie; Sooner; Bama2; NFaith; MJay

October 8-austex; LoveIslovely; karebare714; birchmoon; tiaj; lisalef; goosefraba; renita; socalcass; Toosywoots; MaryBnSC; cheryl1952; greg72

October 9-Izzyd; Mamacj; triciat; karenk; saninbham; imlindal46

October 10- morkiecoco; MomDukes58; BikiniBeachy; VEEJEE07; Monkeyband

October 11-mama g

October 13-myturn0421; lindatatu; vandih; fabnatsdiva; msk1968; travelinsorkel; missundastood; clv811; wifepilot; longhornmom; ctoyooka; suzanna; myturn; DC Girl; dcorna

October 14-MyTurn; cstauble; bimbabe; BobbieND; crimsondawn; leannmorton; mamary5; sexievilyellow; nrpnrp; toots2008; caladonia41;Tyme2GetRite; Txnurse; up & adam; TJ1; hunnybunny3

October 15-rulooknatme; gritar; cheryl1952; alteration; animalover; ihadtodoit

October 16-SickNTired; SanMateoDae; Bino; angelx5; tracie30; maggiehpp; msavoy4901; bemused; nayray13; deb’s journey; Scooby; jendenni; Scorpyian1; luv2bslim; lori ann; tracie30

October 17-Lshelley21; josiegurl; shadowland; newgrama0904; swalesfcc; hersheymalone; javabeans; skylady

October 18-sweepyxx

October 20-nazzy; Ruby124; LynnN; Soupamom; taosgal; karook54; GratefulHeart

October 21-SnowWhite760; Vickie; gottabthin; cyndyg; rondapooh1;HelloPenny; sveltelady; swpaintdiva; SnowBabymb; hallfamilyx2; ambogrl; neophyteguy

October 22-annecolorgreen; jogirl; fortunate1; sandielaw; lorilei; purplesloane; BootyBee; Little Bit; imamld3; morph521; kjhack; mcornejo1983

October 23- blueangelkc80; bugginbri; Oregonirish55

October 24-illinoishusker; bradley18; tyme2getrite; ktravel; tas; likebefore; ~Jenni~; DMULLENIX; kellypup; JMignott

October 25-Holly718

October 27- ebonie1015; alabamagirl1975; dicustr413; suziq53

October 28-Michele777; Rosie Sage

October 29-knickerbocker; ~Bridgette~; SCTexasGirl; julie.ann; lauriel; dirigo; CMTurner; sunwyse; Altoonasoup; chrisfer1;wvgal33; gracie78; Tamisha; Road less traveled; debbie brooks; tomatogirl; vicbrad; mvane08 October 30-kygirl31;Slim2bnik

October 31-watermum; lambgram

Let's keep all of those getting banded soon in our thoughts. I know most of you are already in Bandlandia. We still have a few of us pulling up the rear! Good luck guys!!!!:eek: