Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?ctober ?dyssey 2008

Good to hear myturn. I am so happy for you. I am amazed at my weight loss. I am down to 263 lbs and on my surgery date I was 291 that's 28 lbs in 15 days. I know a lot is Water weight but hey I take what I can get.

I can tell you now, 28 pounds is not Water weight!! Maybe 6 pounds, 8 pounds at most, but not the whole 28.

Guest BikiniBeachy

Just stopping by to say hello. Sorry I am a bad smashing pumpkin and never ask about anyone else! waiting for november to get here so we can all be done with the anxiety of surgery and on with our new lives!

how is everyone?

i am 17 days post-op and feeling much better. Lots of pain at the port site when i sit still, and having trouble with mushies. I don't eat much and i know that is SO stupid but I have no appetite. friday I can move to solids.

I have lost 15 pounds as of today. My #1 goal is to hit my Fluid mark of 68oz a day, it's so much harder than i thought!

Guest BikiniBeachy

goodluck to everyone tomorrow, my heart is with you in there!

Ok, well surgery is tomorrow for me! 29th October comes a littler earlier this neck of the woods. So, hoping to be back on in 2 or 3 days.

Good luck to everyone else getting done between now and when I get back.

Wishing everyone today and tomorrow the best on your surgery. I'm sorry if I've missed anyone--I've had a terrible head/chest cold which is great when you are recovering from surgery. I was supposed to start back to work last night but wasn't able to because of my cold. I also wanted to start with a trainer yesterday and couldn't.

Today: Michele777; Rosie Sage

October 29-knickerbocker; ~Bridgette~; SCTexasGirl; julie.ann; lauriel; dirigo; CMTurner; sunwyse; Altoonasoup; chrisfer1;wvgal33; gracie78; Tamisha; Road less traveled; debbie brooks; tomatogirl; vicbrad; mvane08; babe134; grateful1; Maggies; abbalv; debbietx

I am reading the book written by the daughter of Muhammed Ali and it's really interesting if you like novels.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0061170941]Amazon.com: Fighting Weight: How I Achieved Healthy Weight Loss with "Banding," a New Procedure That Eliminates Hunger--Forever: Khaliah Ali, George Fielding, Christine Ren, Lawrence Lindner: Books[/ame]

How's everyone doing?

~~anne

My #1 goal is to hit my Fluid mark of 68oz a day, it's so much harder than i thought!

I'm running into the same issue. It is hard to get it all in.

I'm feeling much better - almost too good. My appetite has returned and without a fill it's becoming harder to stay good - it's a good thing Halloween is coming up quick so I can get the candy out of the house and make my daughter hide hers.

My first fill is scheduled for next Thursday. I'm excited for it!

Best of luck to the last of the October bandsters-in-waiting. We'll be thinking of you.

Well girls today is my day. I am up and it is 6:30 in the moring. I couldn't sleep in. I have to leave for the hospital at 9:15. I met Dr. Kirshenbaum and he is very nice and his office staff if great. Especially the medical assistant. She is so sweet.

I am NPO as of right now. Oh, sorry. I mean nothing by mouth (NPO). I'm not really nervous like I thought I would be. Excitded, but not nervous. We went out to eat with friends last night since we are about 7 hours away from home it was nice to meet up with friends that live here. I'm glad we did. It was a great learning experience for me. The rolls were passed around and it didn't hurt to say, No thanks, I can't have one. I ordered some great fish. We ate at Red Lobster, so that made it a little easier. I've never eaten there before.

Well I had to have a dulcolax suppository last night. My pre-op diet has basically been the Atkins diet so I have had to be careful and have been taking an OTC stool softner anyway.

I have my liquid Lortab. (I hate narcs) and I also bought some liquid tylenol and motrin and my box of gas-x strips. Aren't those strips handy! We don't have worry about pills in our new pouch.

I think I will name my band. I don't know what yet. Have any of you named yours. I thought I would wait till I have it. Maybe then it will be easier to name it. Some call it "my little friend" others I have talked to have have an actual name for it. "Trudy doen't like steak." I guess we will see.

We I guess I will change my ticker and get the countdown to surger replaced with something else.

I hope to get back on the boards soon. Good luck and prayers to all of my fellow Smashing Pumpkins joining the band today and those that will this week and a big thank you to those that already have. You have given some great information. I started to think that it sucked to be one of the last ones of our group to be banded, but I have had the chance to hear about you experiences and listen to your advice.

I will talk to you all later!

Cheers.:)

Here I am. 3 1/2 hours after getting my lap band in. I joined the BAND!!! :lol:FINALLY! I am feeling pretty good. I think I will nap soon. I am sore, but not horrible pain. I just wanted to say hi. I will post more later.

Good luck to those that are still in the hospital.

Love to you all!

hows everyone feeling?im doing great oct 20th i was banded,i mostly have been eating 2 protien shakes a day small like half a cup cream Soup ,1 yoplait ,and 1 Jello, and 2 fudgecyles a day,plus Water, ive got to do this 3 weeks whewwwwwwwwwww,lol,ive made it 9 days so far,go back to dr nxt week for her the nurse to look at my sores mine almost gone,i meal healed,have 5 small ones,so very happy about this,can sleep stomach and sides.

I think I will name my band. I don't know what yet. Have any of you named yours. I thought I would wait till I have it. Maybe then it will be easier to name it. Some call it "my little friend" others I have talked to have have an actual name for it. "Trudy doen't like steak." I guess we will see.

I think Lulu calls hers "Trudy"! I think I shall name mine "Trixie"! Trixie's hungry and sick of liquids, btw!

Amen Sister!

I don't think I can do this for 5 weeks. I don't even want to eat because I am so sick of liquids,

5 weeks! Wow my heart goes out to you! I am on Clear Liquids the day of surgery and the day after then I have full liquids with a transition to soft foods during week 2. I progess to regular food weeks 3-6. I bet you will dropped a lot of weight though to get you started!

Edited by julie.ann