Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?ctober ?dyssey 2008

:huh2:Julie Ann, your photo is awesome!

I am checking out everyones #'s and this is so encouraging!

:tt2:Wow!:glare:

Anne you are dong great! Everyone is doing great. Just think back to where we were 6 months ago! How nervous and unsure we were of ourselves. We all deserve a pat on the back!

You know though, it would be easy to fail if we didn't work at it. For instance, I gained over the Christmas week...and could every week if I weren't making the right choices and exercising. It's easier...but not easy. Agree?

I'm going to try to post some pics of me.

First, my son's wedding from LAST Christmas (when I realized how big I truly was and really suffered being on my feet so much carrying all that weight):

jenmejasonweddingdu6.jpg

Then, a pic from a Christmas get together for dh's work from THIS year:

dsc0022ca7.jpg

Anne & Julie you both look fantastic. You're doing great. You're both beauties.

Oh thanks! Dh told me last night as he was touching my legs that he felt something he hadn't before...a muscle! He was being serious and complimentary although it doesn't sound like it when I put it down here--lol. It's better than a couple of weeks ago when he said my skin is "soft and squishy" now that I've lost weight! I told him that didn't work as foreplay!

Dh and I are working on our finances too...anyone else feel inspired to organize other areas of their life?

~~anne

Hi Everyone. Don't know how I missed this October 2008 thread. I was banded on October 7th. I have a great thing to share. Today, I bought my first pair of regular size jeans since 1981. I bought ladies Lee jeans in a size 18. I cried in the fitting room! I have lost 40 lbs since my surgery plus 9 lbs pre-op for a total of 49 lbs. I am more than half way there. I have had three fills and the last one seemed to do the trick. I have a Realize band and am at 4.6 on my fills. I know some people get mad when you don't post anything important, but I am just so excited. Good luck everyone!

Anne--I have a funny bed story too. I had an itch and when I scratched it, I felt an unusual lump. I woke my husband up and in a panic, made him feel my "lump." He sighed and said, "Nancy, that is your ribs. Now can I go back to sleep? "

Hello to all I got a good laugh on some of your bedtime stories. I was banded on oct 8 and Ive lost 30 pounds with 110 to go :tongue: Ive been in a slump and hopefully with this site I can get myself back on track. I would love any and all support, opinions and feedback that anyone would give me please help me!!!

Grandma and Erika:

Welcome. This is a great site! Congrats on how well you have done so far! This is by far the best thing I have done for myself!

Come and post anytime. We can be a little quiet at times, but it only takes one of us to get us going.

Hello Everyone. I was banded Oct. 3, 2008. I had lost 60 lbs, but I have gained 2 lbs back. Nothing has changed in my eating habits and I am getting discouraged. I don't have another support group meeting for two weeks. I am going to go back on the liquid diet for a few days and see if that will jump start me again. I am very happy with my weight loss, but this is how it always starts. I start gaining again and I give up. I have worked too hard and done to much to not be losing anything.

Thanks for listening.

Lone Star Loser