Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?ctober ?dyssey 2008

It's so fun to see the running totals of all the October bandsters. We're all doing so well!

I'm waiting to update my ticker until I step on the "official scale" at the clinic on Wednesday when I go in for fill #2.

I have a question for those of you about ready for your second fill. After your first fill did you see results that went away? Did you body become adjusted to the fill and then you had less restriction after a few weeks?

I started to slime a little and feel a little stuck for the first time today because I forgot to chew a too big of bite of scrambled eggs. If I chew it then no problem. I'm not worried about being too tight because I ate chicken breast yesterday after my fill and had no problems. I will have more solid food for lunch today too. Just wondering if I am back on a honeymoon that wll be over in a few weeks. Swelling after a fill????:thumbup:

i get my 1st fill finally this week ive lost 27 pds with no fills,makes me mad some people on 2 i havent even had one,im gonna ask my dr for a bigger first fill,seems so weird i had to wait 7 weeks for my first one i guess when i do get them ill lose faster then

i get my 1st fill finally this week ive lost 27 pds with no fills,makes me mad some people on 2 i havent even had one,im gonna ask my dr for a bigger first fill,seems so weird i had to wait 7 weeks for my first one i guess when i do get them ill lose faster then

Read about my first fill. My First Fill....Strange! - Lap Band Surgery and Lap Band Discussion Forum

It isn't about a big or small fill with my doc. It is about filling till restriction. Maybe your doc is the same way. I hope so.

Read about my first fill. My First Fill....Strange! - Lap Band Surgery and Lap Band Discussion Forum

It isn't about a big or small fill with my doc. It is about filling till restriction. Maybe your doc is the same way. I hope so.

I just had my first fill. My doctor did it totally different from yours. I stood! After the cleaning a lidocane, he told me drink Water while he shot saline in and to tell him when "it stops going down." Then he said he was taking some saline out and to tell him when I could feel it going down. Then he told me to drink more water and he put saline back in and to tell him whether it was going down fast, medium, slow. The last part was the hardest. He also said liquids (soup) for 2 weeks!!!!:thumbup:

But I'm feeling some restriction (not a lot) and the scale is going back down, so I'm happy.

Hi All! Long time, no type...

I'm bad! But, I am doing good! I finally could eat the week of Thanksgiving! And, if you recall eating and me were not friends!

So, I had my fill on the 1st. Went great. Took less than 5 mins. Didn't even see my Doctor, just his PA. I got 3.5cc. And BOY HOWDY I can feel the difference.

I am not really eating again. Just some eggs and Protein Powder in my coffee.

So far down 67 lbs.

Someone kick me in the ass... I'm not exercising!!!

Yay! Lots of posts and weight loss!

Dilemma: I have lost 30 lbs without a fill and my surgeon didn't want to do a fill last Monday as I was doing so well. Well...last week I started getting several allergy shots at a time (twice in a week) and had to take prednisone on those days prior to my shot series (it's called rapid desensitization and helps you get relief sooner). Prednisone causes increased appetite!!!!!! :sad_smile:

Anyway, I've struggled much more with eating larger quantities this past week and don't know if I should call the doctor for a fill or not (he said to call if I need one).

Happy weekend!

~~anne

I would call him and expain everything to him. It may depend on how long you will be on steroids. The worst he can say is no.

I feel for you. Needing to take steroids would suck! Great job on the loss so far. That is great!:sad_smile:

I just had a mini surprise. I got out my christmas stuff and I found my old (that look brand new) jeans that I haven't been able to wear in about 3 or 4 years (or more). I have some 18P and a few 16P. Although I found a size 18P that fit me (and you could have knocked me over with a feather!) none of these fit. That's okay thought because I think that in February if not January I will be wearing them! Women's pants are so funny the way the same size is so differnt. I found a size 18 that fits and I have a size 22 that doesn't and one size 22 that is really too big. I guess it's true you shouldn't look at the label. Just find what fits you well!

I'm so happy I won't have to start buying jeans that I plan on not fitting into soon. I was stressing about wastig money that way.

Hope you are having a great weekend..if not today starts a new day. Start fresh!

Edited by julie.ann

That's exactly why I went through my closet and drawers and pulled out EVERYTHING and divided up by size into totes! I even took my summer 22's and put them in a tote to give to someone next year!

I had a friend who had lost weight send me a few nice 20's and 18's so, with what I have, I'm pretty good for awhile unless I just want something new. I am planning to buy a new dress shirt for a Christmas get together knowing I won't wear it much.

~~anne

Hello Fellow Pumpkins!

I am down 40lbs! WhooHoo! But! I have not been excercising as I know I should! I think it is because it is the winter time and I just want to curl up and stay warm.

I have been on the treadmill only one time and I have not walked in the park, in 2 weeks!! Today is Monday, so I am going to go out and do SOMETHING!

I haven't posted in a while. I had an infection at the port incision and am still recovering. It's not painful but I have to have a nurse visit each day to pack my wound. It's slowly but surely healing, Thank GOD! Otherwise I was going to have to remove the port, heal and then have another one put in later. I'm still losing and I can eat, so I try not to complain too much. Talk to you later.