Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?ctober ?dyssey 2008

I have a question for those of you about ready for your second fill. After your first fill did you see results that went away? Did you body become adjusted to the fill and then you had less restriction after a few weeks?

Julie.ann - I can't speak for everyone, of course, but that seems to have happened with me. I'm glad I go back in on Wednesday for fill #2. I definitely ate too much a couple of times last week. I am slowly discovering all of my triggers - apparently the student union building across the way is a big one for me! - and trying to avoid them or deal with them.

I've been hitting the gym 3-4 times a week. I can tell I haven't been walking the dogs as much, though - the chihuahua is starting to get a gut!

Why is it that we lose weight last where we want it the most? I am really pleased to see the difference in my upper body, arms & legs, but man does my gut seem to be shrinking slower than everything else. Maybe it's because diabetics tend to carry their weight in their stomach, but it's getting frustrating.

Hi everyone! I have not posted for a long time but I visit everyday! I enjoy reading everyone's "mostly" success stories and encouragement. Congrats to all of you, keep it going! I guess I am a "success" so far too but SLOWER than some,grr. The scale is just not my friend. I am smaller because my clothes say I am,lol. My pants are baggy and my tops fit better. I feel alot better physically. I have been working out at the gym 4-5 x a week for about 45min-to an hour. I always finish with the eliptical for a total of 8 min. (1/2 mile) That may be easy for some but it is killer for me,:wink_smile:. I went to a huge Christmas craft show Saturday and usually I can't walk too long w/o getting very tired. I walked for hours and did great. The thing is, I started at a really high amount so I expected the weight to fall off pretty fast at first. It's been 6 weeks and only 25 lbs. :lol: I had my first fill 11/25, 5cc's. It gave me some restriction but not enough. I am calling tomorrow to ask for another. I don't THINK I am overeating but I do eat 1 regular plate full in evening. I am eating a full plate of salad with some kind of protein(shrimp, chicken, tuna salad,etc) for lunch almost everyday. I am now reading "LAP-BAND Companion" to see if there is anything I should change. With all the above being said, I am very happy I got the band and I thank God for giving me the strength and ability to finally beat this demon inside of me.:cool2: Good luck all.

It's been 6 weeks and only 25 lbs. :angry_smile:

What are you upset about? You have lost 4.1lbs per week. :w00t:That is AMAZING! My ticker shows the weight I lost pre-op too, which was 14 lbs. So since surgery I have lost 23 lbs. We have done great! Don't get too hard on yourself! keep doing what you are doing and good luck with the fill!

...everytime I step on the scale and it's lower...I'm excited! :w00t: Just keep the downward trend going, baby! :frown:

I'm really making it a point to try to not compare myself to others, but to be grateful for what is going on with ME. For instance, a guy I was banded with has lost 60 lbs and still eats chicken nuggets at fast food! :angry_smile:

Happy Tuesday! Don't forget to exercise...

~~anne

I am very proud of myself. I had to work the consession stand at the ballgame tonight. I was in charge of dishing up the frito-chilli pie, nachos, taco salad, pizza and hot dogs. I didn't eat any of it until I realized I was going to have to eat supper there and then I had 1 piece of med beef pizza. That is it! :tt1:

I am so glad I have my band. I couldn't have done that before. Even if I did I would have gotten home and eaten anything I could find. Now I am going to bed instead.

Did I mention I love my band?!?!?!:tt1:

Edited by julie.ann

Yeii I am so glad people are checking in!!! Alright so I am down 62 pounds :lol: I am really happy about the weight loss. I love my band :) I cant believe I am 229. I reached my first goal!!! My second goal is to get to onerderland all I need is a 199 on the scale!!! I hope soon!! One thing I notices is that now I am getting a lot of attention from men. Sucks that people are sooo superficial they would have never spoken to me 62 pounds ago! How do I know? because those are the same idiots I walked by last summer! In addition, those men are also some of my closest friends, interestingly interesting! sorry had to vent!

Good luck everyone!!!!!

Edited by LoveIslovely

Morning everyone -

Had my second fill yesterday. I am now at 6cc's in a 15cc band. This one hurt a little more - she didn't find it quite as easily and they don't use any sort of topical anesthetic.

I am now down 42 pounds! Pretty nice! I admit I'm not losing it off my middle as quickly as I'd like, but I keep on plugging away.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Count me in! My date is Oct. 14th. Best of everything to us all!!

Hey wanted to say hi , I got banded on oct 22 down 24 lbs. I see your from NJ , me too. My doctor was dr jordan garrison , have had no fill yet , how about you how are you doing since surgery ? Would love to hear back from you. Katieanne

:thumbup:Hello everyone.

I have been going to Curves for 4 weeks now and I have lost 11 lbs. Total 51 now. I was disappointed in only 11 lbs, but the good thing is that I have lost 21.5 inches in a month. The lady kept checking my file because she couldn't believe it. I can tell because my cloths are fitting really lose.

I go to my support meeting tonight. This is our Christmas Party. The hospital is paying for the meal and we will be exchanging gifts, "White Elephant Gifts". I really enjoy the support group. I can to talk to people, we share recipes, trade cloths, and talk about things we do to stay motivated.

Good Luck to everyone.

Happy Holidays

Lone Star Loser:lol::wink:

Lonestar - don't take this the wrong way, but you are really hard to love with your 60+ pounds!!!!!!! (Ya know I'm just jealous!) :wink:

Hi everyone.

Doing good. Still can't really eat anything after the fill. Crunchy stuff goes down best in my opinion. Lots of Triscuits with laughing cow cheese. Lots of eggs, too.

I'm pretty happy with the weight I am losing, too. Still not excising. I'm so bad.

Hi everyone.

Doing good. Still can't really eat anything after the fill. Crunchy stuff goes down best in my opinion. Lots of Triscuits with laughing cow cheese. Lots of eggs, too.

I'm pretty happy with the weight I am losing, too. Still not excising. I'm so bad.

WOW! 72 lbs is amazing! How much is from losing post-op?

Good morning everyone,

Well i am struggling a bit had my op 18th october and i know i am eating more than i was. I am walking at least 90 mins a day and having my first fill on 22nd dec so i know i will be more restricted then.

well done everyone reading this has really given me a boost you are all doing sooo well.

sweepyxx

Penny - I agree. I was surprised at how poorly tortillas go down - I thought they'd be a good alternative to bread - instead I'm doing crackers (lunch today is tuna salad on crackers with veggies on the side). They go down pretty easily.