Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?ctober ?dyssey 2008

I should only be having full liquids still!

Oh. That is crazy. My surgery was the day after yours and my doctor told me Wednesday to eat anything that isn't "doughy" or meat that is too dry. A week before that, I was okayed for "soft" foods. Today, I ate mexican. I had two chips with salsa and about a cup of veggies from a fajita (sp?) and a tablespoon or so of rice. Lots of leftovers!

I'm sorry. I didn't realize that your doctor still had you on that diet. Why are they all different???

~~anne

Interesting point Anne.

In Australia, the usual plan is to have Clear Liquids 24 hours after surgery, then full liquids for 2 weeks (give or take a day or 2), then mushies for 2 weeks.

The reason given is the band is still new, eating proper food too soon can disturb it and lead to slippages. Also, the stitches around the band holing it in place, need time to heal. Eating proper foods leads the stomach to working hard at digestion, which can cause them to pull away. I don't know the figures, but it appears the US has a lot more slippage problem than Australia.

Oh. That is crazy. My surgery was the day after yours and my doctor told me Wednesday to eat anything that isn't "doughy" or meat that is too dry. A week before that, I was okayed for "soft" foods. Today, I ate mexican. I had two chips with salsa and about a cup of veggies from a fajita (sp?) and a tablespoon or so of rice. Lots of leftovers!

I'm sorry. I didn't realize that your doctor still had you on that diet. Why are they all different???

~~anne

Don't you wonder?!? I was on full liquids for 3 weeks and then on mushies for 3 weeks! :blink:

It's totally COOCOO!

But, I know why he does it. He wants it all to heal and the scar tissue to form, blah blah blah.

I am just a whiner and jealous.

Well I've run into a problem. I was banded on Oct 3 and everything went well. I did have a bit of acid reflux and nausea but the acid reflux was due to antacid rebound because I was taking to many and the nausea I chalked up to eating to fast. Sooo i cut back on the antacids and the reflux is now much better problem is I eat slowly, nothing fried or fatty nothing spicey etc and I'm still getting nausea. Some days it seems it's a constant. I was given regulan to take which does no good. I go to my first fill Wed and I hope my doctor can tell me somethign to do because it's really hell to be walking around daily green.

Weight loss has slowed down to about 2 lbs a week and I'm still more than thrilled with it. Never starving, although I do tend to get hungry in the hours between lunch and dinner so I try and save my portein drink for that time of day. I'm eating about 1000 calories a day and that's three good meals of about 3/4 a cup to 1 cup as well as a snack. I do find I'm craving veggies, salads etc. Still not getting in all the Water I should. I drink a cup of hot tea in the morning and then sip on bottles of Water during the day and have another cup of tea after dinner. It seems to settle my stomach a bit.

Another small problem is gas...lol I have to watch bending down in public or stretching as one sneaks out. LOL Does this get better? I'm going to add some dried apricots to my morning meal to help keep me in working order as right now I don't have much of a BM for the first time in my life.

I've learned I'm very sensitive to salt now. My feet use to be so swollen you couldn't tell they were feet or ankles and now they are normal looking feet (with padding of course) but I can still feel a bit of swelling when I wake up in the mornings in my hands. I sleep with my head elevated so maybe thats why.

Oh gosh...I don't know but I would definitely tell your doctor! The only thing I could think with the nausea is maybe hypoglycemia??? Have you ever had blood sugar problems?

Hope everything works out!

~~anne

I'm a diabetic and my sugar has been stable since the surgery. I talked to the doctors today and they suggested I go back on full liquid for a day or two and see if that helped.

I post on another board (not a weight loss one) and one of the members is an older gentleman that had lap bad last year and he is driving me nuts. He thinks every doctor should go by HIS doctors guidelines etc. He thinks that since HE wasn't allowed soft foods at 5 weeks that everyone should be on the same schedule. That the only liquids I should be drinking are Water and Protein shakes, period. No decaff or herbal teas etc... arrrgh I'm trying not to be rude with him because he's a wonderful guy but I'm about to the point of smackin him via internet.

Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing very well!!!!

I have to admit that my only problem is forgetting to take my Vitamins :thumbup: Ive been so busy that sometimes I completely forget. I will begin taking them again, starting NOW!:laugh: I am almost down 50 lbs post-op I really did not expect such fast weight loss, but I am really happy about it.

Edited by LoveIslovely

That is fantastic! I've been so thrilled with the weight loss, never thought I'd lose this much in the first month either, doesn't it make a huge difference.

I did a bit of research last night and I really think the nausea is from acid reflux. I've always had terrible reflux and use to chew tons of Pepcid AC and take nexium daily. I cut back on the Pepcid a few days ago (about a week) and that's when the nausea started. I'll take it easy for the next few days in what I eat and up my nexium dosage to twice daily. Keeping my fingers crossed that it helps as I've hated the feeling I've had the last few days.

i cant get my first fill till dec 10 man seems like a far way away,i was banded oct20th

I hear you! Mine is not till December 1st. I need one, too.

I am very hungry and have ZERO restriction. I can eat way more than 4oz.

Does anyone know where I can get some liquid B-1?:D

:smile:Hello everyone. It has been awhile since I posted. I have been reading though. I had my surgery 10-03-08 and got my first fill on 10-30-08. After the fill, I did not have any restriction. I was already starving and was hoping that with the fill I would feel better. Since I did not feel any restriction, I went back the next week for another. The first fill was only 2cc and the 2nd one she added 1.5 cc. That one seemed to help alot. I was at a stand still and not losing any weight, but after that 2nd fill, I started losing again. The real test is Thanksgiving. But I just had a birthday and my Mom made a hugh dinner for the family and I did very good. And my whole family was very supportive and not offering any BAD stuff.

Good luck to everyone. Remember, we are all on our way to a thinner and healthier life.

Lone Star Loser

weight.png