Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?ctober ?dyssey 2008

I'd love a Wii fit!! But I'm just not sure I'll commit to using it. Oddly enough, I have really started enjoying walking my little laps around the living area of my house (4 rooms that are kinda joined, it's like a little track loop, LOL). Why didn't I start that sooner? Weather, time of day, nothing is an excuse for me. Granted, it's only been a week, but it's easy! I just have to dodge the occasional cat in the kitchen floor who wants to be fed, LOL.

Moirak sounds like gas pains...I had them for a few days/week after the surgery and I had to learn to eat early and not lie down until several several hours after I ate. Heating pad works as well as moving around or sleep with your head elevated a bit.

Yanno, Ara....I just had an aha moment. I've never had gas pains, thankfully. My 3 week anniversary is today and I am still sleeping propped up on 3 pillows. I wonder if that has anything to do with it!

thanks for the tips guys,

i am going to try the heated pads and see how that goes. I think though I may have pushed myself too hard. Eating too much and too fast, it's hard to relearn eating habits, I am also finding it difficult to not drink with my meals, it feels wrong!!!! Anyway my husband jokes with me because I am a nurse that i think normal rules don't apply, not true, the pain tells me they do. I think I'll go back on liquids for a few days and give whatever i may have irratated a break. thanks again.

Moira

I realized yesterday that I didn't have a before picture handy. Called my brother and he sent me one he took during a football game earlier this fall. I can't even bring myself to open it. Maybe I need to lose more before I can face the old me.

moirak - hope you feel better soon.

Help me. I just had two sugar cookies....well the dough anyway. I am thinking about having frozen pizza for supper. I haven't had bread, potatoes, Pasta or rice for a month. I have been very good. I am not usually hungry....well I eat if I am. I have been eating 3 meals a day and a Protein Drink 3 times a day. I ate around 800 calories yesterday and 900 the day before that. Before that it is 600 and then down in the 300 range because I was on fluids post-op. Would it really be bad to have a piece or two of pizza? I need more calories anyway.

I am afraid if I start to eat something I shouldn't then all will be lost and I will start to eat like crap all the time. What should I do? I can't be good forever. I have done good until today. HELP!!!

julie.ann - could you at least make it thin crust pizza with good stuff on top? I'm afraid to start eating my old trigger food again, and pizza was a big one for me.

pizza? !? I'm just off liquids so the notion of pizza sounds like such a huge leap. I'm just too scared of doing damage to my band!

I had pain like that (chest) and I think it was from eating too fast. When I slowed down, I didn't have it anymore.

Today I made "healthy" mini-muffins and had TWO with no problems. I used Devil food cake mix and a can of 15 oz pure pumpkin and mixed it and baked it for 20 min @ 400 degrees. They are yummy and have lots of Vitamins. You don't use the eggs or oil or anything. Kind of taste brownie-like.

I also ate a toasted chicken salad sandwich tonight on 100% whole wheat bread. I ate VERY slowly and chewed a lot.

I am exercising almost every day for about an hour or more. Treadmill, stationary bike, and stretches and/or weights.

How many calories are you consuming? Any ideas?

Have a great weekend!

~~anne

I am a little late to weigh in on the pizza controversy. However....

Ms. South Beach to the rescue!

Don't EAT regular pizza crust! BAD CARBS!!!

Whole Foods sells an EXCELLENT whole wheat Pizza Crust. They are pre-made like the boboli ones. They are yum yummy!

And one serving is 2 slices or 1/4 the pizza!!

Then just top it with turkey or chicken sausage, veggies, part skim mozzarella and provolone (lucerne makes an excellent 2% cheese). I make my own sauce and store it, but sauce from a bottle is fine. Just make sure it doesn't have any of that HORRIBLE high fructose corn syrup! YUCK!! Watch the sugar content too.

This pizza is GOOD for you! Now good for your band? I am not so sure. This crust is more chewy than thin crust from your pizza chains.

And you should always think crunchy over chewy. Chewy bread turns to dough balls in your tummy. Hard to pass those. But, that depends right now on how much restriction you are felling. I feel none. I could probably eat it... maybe. I would be scared to.

BUT... THAT IS IF I COULD FREAKING EAT! I am so JEALOUS!

Does anyone have this problem? I am very thristy. It comes time to eat and I am parched! I must drink! So I drink some Water instead of eating... and then keep drinking my Water because I am more thristy than hungry. Does this happen to anyone else?

I made a home made pizza. I toasted half of a whole wheat fajita, fat free mozarella cheese and some grilled cut up Shrimps yumm sooo goood.

Have you had a fill yet? How did the shrimp go down? I read that shrimp and lobster are usually hard to get down because they are rubbery.

I didn't know Whole Foods had that pizza crust...interesting. I was there yesterday (first time) to get some tofu "noodles" for my vegetarian daughter. I think they are called Shokateri or something like that and are shaped like spaghetti or fettucini noodles but very healthy. She hasn't tried them yet.

I have no problem eating. Penny--you need to EAT!

~~anne

I didn't know Whole Foods had that pizza crust...interesting. I was there yesterday (first time) to get some tofu "noodles" for my vegetarian daughter. I think they are called Shokateri or something like that and are shaped like spaghetti or fettucini noodles but very healthy. She hasn't tried them yet.

I have no problem eating. Penny--you need to EAT!

~~anne

Those noodles are pretty cool looking. I have some of the fettuccine ones in my refrigerator. Have not eaten them yet.

My Mother does the grocery shopping in Dallas (we live north of Dallas out in the country, no neato grocery stores here) when she goes into work. So, I don't know where in the store the pizza crusts are. But, they are in a Green wrapper that says "Organic" on it. I think it is the Whole Foods brand too. I am sure they will know where they are in the store. Maybe the bread area?

I recommend a pizza stone or cooking on the rack. If you use a pizza stone let it get blazing hot in your pre-heated oven. I like my crust crunchy and this helps it get that way.

I know I need to EAT! I did have some eggs yesterday. I always have Protein in my coffee and special K Protein mix in my Water. So I know I am getting some protein there. I am addicted to Popsicles but that is hardly anything to talk about as far as calories or protein. Just frozen flavored water! I try and eat some Soup at night. I have had some crackers in my Soup too. I just feel compelled to follow my Doctors diet and at the same time his diet SUCKS! So technically I am cheating! I should only be having full liquids still!

The drinking thing is killing me. I am so freaking thristy and I would rather drink than wait the 20 minuets to eat. I am going to have a serious issue with not drinking I think.

Penny,

Try to sip all day. That overwelming thirst leads me to believe that you aren't getting enought throughout the day. You must stay hydrated!

Hang in there.