Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

Hi Javabeans, My date is the 17th also! I can totally relate to the whole "starving thing"!

Hello all!!

I got home last nite, I'm having very little to any pain at all. Just sleeping and drinking liquids. I'm getting extra sympathy since yesterday was my birthday. hee hee. I even got flowers!!!

I had a prob w/ the hospital bed, it was too short. I'm 5'11 and my feet were pressing on the bottom, I think that was the worst part of the whole stay.!!!! YAH!!! not bad at all. I'm trying to figure out when I feel hungry and full. It's a bit different. I do beleive I heard my stomach growl today.

Sweet Gothic & DeeH, glad to hear you are home and healing.

Had my surgery 8:30 Tues. a.m.; One night in hospital - made it back to hotel around 1 p.m. today.

I'd be lying if I said I've been in pain. Perhaps it will come later today or tomorrow while we are on the road. I have my liquid tylenol handy & hospital filled my prescription of percoset. Not sure I'll use though. I asked for pain meds every time they offered - to keep from ever feeling pain and it worked. Had a mild anesthesia sickness while in recovery. Received blood thinner injections (about 4). Havent been hungry yet. Had a popsicle, light minute made juice and Water last night. Nasty hospital broth for Breakfast (couldn't do it), half Jello and black coffee with splenda so far today. Sips of water of course.

Have been sleeping a lot - getting up to walk each time I wake up.

Goooood Luck Everyone!!!

((( Hugs to everyone and back to the one who started the Hug! ))) Congrats again on the surgery dates to all of you. You can do it,too!! It's well worth it! AND welcome new friends!!

Bradley18, I am on Atkins Advantage EDGE and EAS Protein Drinks. I like them, I have no problem with the taste..SInce I can't have slim fast, I am happy with these. You can find them in Walmart pharmacy area.

The only thing I hate the taste of is the Centrum's Mulit-vitamin orange flavored chewables..YUK..I wash then down with Water after chewing and swallowin' them. ONCE A day is not bad. I LOVE Caltrate 600-D Plus chewable vitamins. They are fruity tasty..Darn, wish I could eat entire bottle. LOL I also got my first B-12 shot a cpl of weeks ago..Guess I will have to visit my doctor monthly for these..

Well, it's time to sip on my chick broth!! LOL

BE back later...I could start a Yahoo grp for banders if anyone is interested in keeping touch there..

Sweet Gothic ( My nickname is Doo ):D

My Hubby is got a date set for October 28th. We post on the 60 + thread.

Next week he does lots of stuff on the 14th, 15th, and 16th. Then the big day on the 28th!

Nina

This is in Jackson Mississippi, at the Central Mississippi Medical Center.

AMEN!!! The men in my family keloid but I did not during my thyroidectomy. I do remember my father telling me that an AA woman had the surgery right after I did and she did keloid. I'm white - I wonder if other people of color keloid. Things that make me go hmm.

white people do keloid also i just think it's more common among AA people. i had one took off maybe 10yrs ago, that went well and did'nt grow back. i got another one from my hair dresser accidently pulled my ear ring out with the comb. but the flip side of that is that i have piercings and they are fine. i also hear that you can have the Dr. to inject your cuts with steriods and they will heal up and not grow there.

Question .. has anyone asked for pictures of the inside of their stomach before and after the band ? i think it'll be a great motivation tool to place on the frig.or maybe that's just my weird self..lol !.

okay all my pre-op testing i got done this morning and i pick up my pre-op diet on friday. and thanks to all the advise and support from the site i have already purchased liquid tylenol, gas-x strips, sugar free popsickles, etc. i'm getting my gear ready !

Edited by Tyme2GetRite

Good luck to all surgeries this week! Its so great hearing how everyone is going through surgery so well. It gives the people (me) hope who haven't had it yet.

Im on day 2 of my liquid diet:scared2: Im starving!!! I do think its good that I have to do this so I'll be use to it by the time of surgery. :cry_smile:But Im still starving!! My doctor also puts us on an exercise regimen. I can't wait to see the pounds melt away.

I also was raised on southern cooking. :drool:Creamed peas yum!! And everything fried!! I'll miss it but it will be so worth the sacrifice.

You are all in my prayers.

CyndyG,

I feel you are discourage with the liquid diet...but for me after I got to day 3 it was much easier...just stay busy and try not to obsess about what you are having to do. I was just banded and of still on the liquid diet. I can't imagine someone not being on a liquid diet and having to deal with what you are going through now plus the "body shock" of the surgery. It is going to pay off!! I lost 19 pounds on my 2 week preop and so glad i did...that's 19 down that I don't have to lose now.

I know how you are feeling! Those first two days i was so miserable and hungry and then a friend called on the third day and say "well how much weight have you lost" I was like I don't know and don't care i'm just hungry! Who cares! but I did go weigh and I had lost like 4 lbs and then I got excited and motivated! stick with it you can do it!

My Hubby is got a date set for October 28th. We post on the 60 + thread.

Next week he does lots of stuff on the 14th, 15th, and 16th. Then the big day on the 28th!

Nina

This is in Jackson Mississippi, at the Central Mississippi Medical Center.

NinaFlowerLady:

Good Luck with your husband's surgery! We must live in the same area! I live about 60 miles south of Jackson in the Brookhaven area! I was banded in Oxford, MS on Monday.

Hi KarenK - Good luck to you tomorrow. Soon you'll need to change your username to "Petite in Pocatello"!! Please let us know how everything goes for you; we will all be saying a prayer for you.

Thanks Digiro.

I'm getting more nervous - I may even be verging on just plain scared - but hearing all the positive stories and the words of support really helps.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow KarenK! :D My best wishes to you!

My Hubby is having his done on the 28th and I can imagin how you must be feeeling and thinking. I'm also overweight and long to lose this :sad_smile::frown::smile: so much!

Hugs, Nina

I am having lap band this Friday Oct 10. It still seems so unreal, been working on getting tricare aproval since FEb. I am ecited nervous scared all in one. I did not have no pre-op dieting. I am having it done at Washington Hospital cneter in DC with Dr Finelli any patients of his in here please reply back. Thanks Debbie:rolleyes:

Hi everyone! Day 2 on the pre-op liquid diet. I think I might have been a little overconfident yesterday. :D I'm finding that I'm STARVING at about 4pm every day and late at night too. I'm also finding it weird that all the stuff I can eat (excluding soup/tomato juice) is sweet. I don't like sweet things very much. It's been weird. I'm relying on very thin cream of wheat a couple of times a day which the nutritionist said was fine. Thank Goodness!!!!

Other than my liquid obsession, I'm doing good. I don't have a whole lot of energy in the afternoon, but the mornings seem to be really good. My surgery day is on the 21st and I'm getting so excited. It's less than two weeks away.

Best wishes to all of those banded and those to come! Everyone is doing great!!!!!

Hi ya'll! I'm back from Florida and had a wonderful time! My dh had a trade show and I spent a little time there but mostly having some R&R time READING! I got home this afternoon and looked at my calender and realized that my pre-op appointment is THIS Friday!!! I had a :eek: moment!

I will say that my knee did better with the walking that I did more than anytime lately...that was encouraging!

I THINK I have the list updated...

October 1- shanna234; salome000; wvprisonrn; 9pdmnm5; linro123; Meschultz; Elfaba thegood;

October 2-Vidahlia; NEWLIFE4BEV; mrsrdh; mamac; kdraves; emialiabri; markfarnsworth; Bratty_Nicole; Carriejess

October 3-Miss Undastood; SaraJaneQ; LoneStarLoser; Cyndi2464; purplerose; brandie; garysmithey; Ara

October 4-

October 6-Odawa; DeeH; sim78; bandedCG; sweetgothic; daydreamer1; artistapril; roxann; MississippiGirl; trinaj; JerryBlade; SeaSide

October 7-nighttart6; melboyd; EllindaGreek; NFaith; PandorasMom; Betelnut; mimilou; mark2842; lula23; harleyc; odawa ; short n' sassy; longhorn girl; cellis82; grannytwinkie; Sooner; Bama2

October 8-austex; LoveIslovely; karebare714; birchmoon; tiaj; lisalef; goosefraba; renita; socalcass; Toosywoots; MaryBnSC; cheryl1952

October 9-Izzyd; Mamacj; triciat; karenk; saninbham

October 10- morkiecoco; MomDukes58; BikiniBeachy

October 11-mama g

October 13-myturn0421; lindatatu; vandih; fabnatsdiva; msk1968; travelinsorkel; missundastood; clv811; wifepilot; longhornmom; ctoyooka; suzanna; myturn;

October 14-MyTurn; cstauble; bimbabe; BobbieND; crimsondawn; leannmorton; mamary5; sexievilyellow; nrpnrp; toots2008; caladonia41;Tyme2GetRite; Txnurse; up & adam; TJ1

October 15-rulooknatme; gritar; cheryl1952; alteration; animalover

October 16-SickNTired; SanMateoDae; Bino; angelx5; tracie30; maggiehpp; msavoy4901; bemused

October 17-Lshelley21; josiegurl; shadowland; newgrama0904; swalesfcc; hersheymalone; javabeans;

October 18-

October 20-nazzy; Ruby124; LynnN

October 21-SnowWhite760; Vickie; gottabthin; cyndyg; rondapooh1

October 22-annecolorgreen; jogirl; fortunate1

October 23- blueangelkc80;

October 24-illinoishusker; bradley18; tyme2getrite; ktravel

October 25-

October 27- ebonie1015; alabamagirl1975

October 28-BootyBee

October 29-knickerbocker; ~Bridgette~; SCTexasGirl; julie.ann; lauriel; dirigo; CMTurner; sunwyse

October 30-NFaith; kygirl31; IDHmngBird

October 31-

I hope everyone did well today (and in previous days) and wanted to send my thoughts and prayers out to Izzyd; Mamacj; triciat; karenk; saninbham for tomorrow!

Missed you!

~~anne

Edited by annecolorgreen

Wishing you well on your band day.............

I had me last pre-op doctor appointment today and got MY date. My band date is 10/28, which is two days after by b-day. It is my b-day present to myself!! :eek: I am really excited to finally be able to see the light at the end of this tunnel. There is still a long way to go, but this part of the band journey is almost over. :) I am really, really, really excited.