Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

Hello Michele my sis name is michele also and my band date is also 10/28 we have something in common well good luck to you. Lets be band buddy to help each other along the long journey

well i'm banded!!! oct 7th was my day! it's been a little rough, i'm very sore..but i'm banded!! existing on Water, broth, and my pain pills. good luck to the rest of you, smashing pumpkins!

cas

Hey Everyone!

My surgery was today and all went well.

I do have lots of pain I mean not severe just sore like I have been kicked in the guts by a mule.lol

Other than that everything went fine.

I was scheduled to be there for 10 am--actually got banded around 12:30.

Then in recovery a short time and back to mt room to pee and walk, once I did that I was able to go home :eek:

I did throw up on the way home from the car ride and once a little while ago because I got uo to quickly to go use the bathroom.

Can't wait to heal and move forward.

Good Luck to everyone,

Renita

BootyBee, being band buddies sounds great. I have to do a 1 week pre-op diet that I am not looking forward to, but it is okay. My doctor wants me to be on a liquid diet, like slim fast, for 1 week prior to the surgery. I am really excited that I have less than 3 weeks left. You are welcome to email me at mteel@bellsouth.net.

I am so excited 1 week before my surgery I was at 273 and then I had surgery on 10/3 now today I'm 154 thats such a good feeling!!!

Count me as another October Bandster! My surgery is scheduled for Monday, Oct 13th, and I can't wait for the day to get here ... mostly because this pre-op liquid diet sucks! Honestly, I'm looking forward to the variety of broth, sf Jello, sf/ff pudding, skim milk, etc. Anything other than Slimfast will be great!

Hi all.. had my surgery Monday morning, spent the night in the hospital and home on Tuesday. Other than some nausea and port site pain I feel great! Been outside walking today..the fresh air feel good.

Did you need anything for pain after the surgery? Glad to hear you are doing well.

white people do keloid also i just think it's more common among AA people.

I certainly didn't mean it to sound offensive. Again, the men in my family (both sides) keloid but I didn't. I just like to learn. :eek:

I am so excited 1 week before my surgery I was at 273 and then I had surgery on 10/3 now today I'm 154 thats such a good feeling!!!

You're 254 or 154?

Did you make a mistake? That's more than one hundred pounds. Or was your surgery in 2007?:eek:

I had a pre-op consultation today. Doc said to bring my cpap. I don't have it anymore. Hated it. I do have my husband's but I think it is set higher than mine was. Has anyone ever gone to the hospital and "forgotten" their cpap. I don't want to not have my surgery but the cpap is really going to be a problem. I stopped at a local med supply to ask about the nose pillows. They wanted 35 dollars for them. I will never ever use them (hopefully) but even if I am forced to use it, that's a lot of $$$ for a few hours post-op. Do any of the nurses out here know anything about the cpaps and what happens if I sort of forget to bring it?

I'm glad you are home Renita and doing pretty well. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Thanks Lori,

I was glad to get home and in the bed! I think that this soreness is worst than my c-sections were..not to scare anyone :eek:

I guess because with my sections there was a low cut and it was in a general area whereas these little "holes" are spread out like a clock..there is no "good spot".lol

Everyday will be better though

Anyway,

everyone take care!

Renita

Hello Everyone!

My surgery date is October 21st. I am still in total shock.

I went to a seminar on September 20th and was approved by my insurance 3 days later on October 3rd. I didn't even find out till the next Monday, because the office had been too busy to call me!!

48 hours for a YES! I can't believe it. But, it is TRICARE South. And, when the patient coordinator walked in the room, she said "I LOVE TRICARE! You qualify, so I will probably get an approval in less than 5 days."

I never believed her for one second. I spent almost an entire year, 5 years ago trying to get approved for Gastric Bypass surgery with Cigna. I was heart broken and defeated after that, and did not ever want to try again. But, when I found out that TRICARE started paying for Lap-band surgery earlier this year. I thought I would see what happens. Never did I think this would come to fruition.

Sorry... still shocked and happy.