Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

Hi Sandielaw--we share a surgery date! I am heading to my pre-op appointment this morning and I guess I'll get my diet info then. I just consumed a Protein drink as I'm NPO after midnight and thought it might be good to see how long that would last me as I'm working tonight!

Here's a list update:

October 1- shanna234; salome000; wvprisonrn; 9pdmnm5; linro123; Meschultz; Elfaba thegood;

October 2-Vidahlia; NEWLIFE4BEV; mrsrdh; mamac; kdraves; emialiabri; markfarnsworth; Bratty_Nicole; Carriejess

October 3-Miss Undastood; SaraJaneQ; LoneStarLoser; Cyndi2464; purplerose; brandie; garysmithey; Ara

October 4-

October 6-Odawa; DeeH; sim78; bandedCG; sweetgothic; daydreamer1; artistapril; roxann; MississippiGirl; trinaj; JerryBlade; SeaSide

October 7-nighttart6; melboyd; EllindaGreek; NFaith; PandorasMom; Betelnut; mimilou; mark2842; lula23; harleyc; odawa ; short n' sassy; longhorn girl; cellis82; grannytwinkie; Sooner; Bama2; NFaith

October 8-austex; LoveIslovely; karebare714; birchmoon; tiaj; lisalef; goosefraba; renita; socalcass; Toosywoots; MaryBnSC; cheryl1952

October 9-Izzyd; Mamacj; triciat; karenk; saninbham; imlindal46

October 10- morkiecoco; MomDukes58; BikiniBeachy

October 11-mama g

October 13-myturn0421; lindatatu; vandih; fabnatsdiva; msk1968; travelinsorkel; missundastood; clv811; wifepilot; longhornmom; ctoyooka; suzanna; myturn; DC Girl

October 14-MyTurn; cstauble; bimbabe; BobbieND; crimsondawn; leannmorton; mamary5; sexievilyellow; nrpnrp; toots2008; caladonia41;Tyme2GetRite; Txnurse; up & adam; TJ1

October 15-rulooknatme; gritar; cheryl1952; alteration; animalover

October 16-SickNTired; SanMateoDae; Bino; angelx5; tracie30; maggiehpp; msavoy4901; bemused

October 17-Lshelley21; josiegurl; shadowland; newgrama0904; swalesfcc; hersheymalone; javabeans;

October 18-

October 20-nazzy; Ruby124; LynnN

October 21-SnowWhite760; Vickie; gottabthin; cyndyg; rondapooh1;HelloPenny

October 22-annecolorgreen; jogirl; fortunate1; sandielaw

October 23- blueangelkc80;

October 24-illinoishusker; bradley18; tyme2getrite; ktravel

October 25-

October 27- ebonie1015; alabamagirl1975

October 28-BootyBee; Michele777

October 29-knickerbocker; ~Bridgette~; SCTexasGirl; julie.ann; lauriel; dirigo; CMTurner; sunwyse; Altoonasoup

October 30-kygirl31; IDHmngBird;

October 31-

Hi all,

I had my banding on October 7th. It went really great - just a little sore. Tylenol works for my discomfort and I take percoset at bedtime.

I did have an unpleasant experience this morning when I took my usual 6 pills. Instant pain - enough to knock me off my feet. I think that several of them were probable too large. Lesson learned.

I haven't minded the Protein shakes, Jello, broth. and etc. I'm not really hungry I guess because of the liver shrinking diet I started on the week before.

Best wishes to all!

Sooner:thumbup:

Sooner,

Excellent! Great job and a great encouragement for those of us who are still awaiting surgery. Do you think if you had taken only part of your meds at a time with maybe a half hour break you would have been ok? I take several meds also and I a bit concerned about that.

Congrats to all that have already had surgery and Good Luck to all those who are going to be having surgery. I am so excited for us all.

Let the weight loss begin!

Pumkins Rule! LOL

CyndyG,

I feel you are discourage with the liquid diet...but for me after I got to day 3 it was much easier...just stay busy and try not to obsess about what you are having to do. I was just banded and of still on the liquid diet. I can't imagine someone not being on a liquid diet and having to deal with what you are going through now plus the "body shock" of the surgery. It is going to pay off!! I lost 19 pounds on my 2 week preop and so glad i did...that's 19 down that I don't have to lose now.

I know how you are feeling! Those first two days i was so miserable and hungry and then a friend called on the third day and say "well how much weight have you lost" I was like I don't know and don't care i'm just hungry! Who cares! but I did go weigh and I had lost like 4 lbs and then I got excited and motivated! stick with it you can do it!

Thanks for the encouragement MississippiGirl. I am on day 5 and it's getting better. I haven't checked my weight but sounds like a good idea. Im finding that I do have a lot of head hunger. Im use to eating food at certain times but not really hungry in my tummy. The hardest part is having to feed my children and not being able to eat. The smells drive me crazy:drool:.

Well off to drink some more.

Hi everyone! Day 2 on the pre-op liquid diet. I think I might have been a little overconfident yesterday. :) I'm finding that I'm STARVING at about 4pm every day and late at night too. I'm also finding it weird that all the stuff I can eat (excluding soup/tomato juice) is sweet. I don't like sweet things very much. It's been weird. I'm relying on very thin cream of wheat a couple of times a day which the nutritionist said was fine. Thank Goodness!!!!

Other than my liquid obsession, I'm doing good. I don't have a whole lot of energy in the afternoon, but the mornings seem to be really good. My surgery day is on the 21st and I'm getting so excited. It's less than two weeks away.

Best wishes to all of those banded and those to come! Everyone is doing great!!!!!

We have the same bandate! Im on day 5 of my liquid hell. My docter said 2 week diet for me. I can only have broth, suger free Popsicle 3oz of lean meat and 1/2 cup veggies, oh and don't forget 2 protien shakes a day. I did just check my wieght and have lost 6.5lbs very encouraging. Good luck and we should keep in touch.

Hey everyone! I know that October seems like forever away, but I was just seeing if there is anyone out there that wants some help and support through the long days leading up to the best thing that will every happen to us!? Can't wait to hear some support and excitement.

I hope you are feeling better. Did every thing go well ? I was banded on October 2nd and feel wonderful...

"I was banded yesterday morning. I am getiing around good and no vomiting. I did have problems urinated after surgery, but they said thats common. Came home about 5 hours after surgery. My insurance doesn't cover the pain meds so I am in pain, but its tolerable. My mouth is staying real dry. All of this will be worth it in a few weeks I know. All in all, not too bad. Good luck to everyone else.

Karen"

Please contact your surgeon and ask for a different Med. Drs will gladly switch meds if the ins. will not pay, do not suffer, call and ask for something different. I worked in a pharmacy and we called the Drs all of the time. I didnt get Celebrex for pain I got liquid Vicodin.

Edited by odawa
more info

Hello Everyone...

My surgery was Wednesday the 8th and I can say that every day it gets better!! I was able to get a shower today and feel like a million bucks! lol

The hardest part for me is trying to drink enough liquids throughout the day.

I am just not thirsty or hungry.

I did eat some broth last night.

The Protein Shots have been best for me--I just don't think my stomach can handle the Protein Shakes at this point.

Good luck to everyone, glad to hear all is going well.

Renita

Hi,

I am new to this blog and I noticed that you possibly got banded recently...Can you please let me know how it went?? My surgery date is next Wednesday 10/15/08....and I am so nervous and excited all in one....I hope all is well with you....I look forward to keeping in touch