Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

Hello everyone...

Anyone itching at their incision sites...my mom said that means it is healing but it takes all I have not to want to scratch.

Other than that every day is better post op :)

Renita.

Renita, How many days since your surgery? Your mom is so right about the itching. It should subside soon. Perhaps call your doc and see what you can put on the incisions to reduce the itch? Calamine may help but I wouldn't want you to try it unless the doc says ok.

I am so excited I could peeeee. Oh wait, I think that is from the 64+ oz of Water and flavored water!

Edited by NormaRae
spell check

Just an update the girl in Mississippi!

I was banded Monday morning. I think i'm doing terrific. Was lucky that I didn't have a lot of gas pain as far as it being in my shoulders like others have reported. Yesterday I got to start drinking my optima slimfast again. I can drink about 1/2 cup and I feel full...so that is exciting! I took my bandages off...was a little disappointed how big the incision was ....about the size of my pinkie finger..but everything looks to be healing well.

I was down 19 lbs from my preop liquid diet--which was a true liquid diet...I would have killed for some veggies or meat during my preop!!

I'm down another 4 lbs since I left the hospital for a GRAND TOTAL of 23 lbs! :)

I'm really excited because I can tell I've lost in my face and neck area. I go back to work on Monday--Yuck I've really been enjoying staying home and being lazy!!

I had to take my pain medicine when I woke up this morning. I felt good enough yesterday to go winter clothes shopping for my toddler (so of course my husband thinks I must be better if i'm shopping) but I think I may have over did it just a little. The day before I didn't take any pain medication.

Good Luck to those with upcoming surgeries!

Mississippi Girl

Renita, How many days since your surgery? Your mom is so right about the itching. It should subside soon. Perhaps call your doc and see what you can put on the incisions to reduce the itch? Calamine may help but I wouldn't want you to try it unless the doc says ok.

I am so excited I could peeeee. Oh wait, I think that is from the 64+ oz of Water and flavored water!

I had my surgery on Wednesday the 8th and I am thinking now it is just the steri-strips that are itching? I always turd red if I even wear a band-aid for a long amount of time. My skin must be really sensitive. I go Monday for a "wound check" I will ask if I can use anything around the site for the itch.

Thanks so much for the reply and good luck with your success..peeing and all!! lol

renita

Renita, LOL Thanks- It really sounds like you are having a lot of success. Wonderful! So they only put steri strips on the incisions? No sticks at all? This is sounding easier all the time.

Good luck with the doctor visit. He/She will be so pleased at how well you have done so far.

Thanks NRPNRP!

I feel better each day and your date will be here before you know it.

I know this is healing time but I did get on the scales and have lost 4 pounds since my surgery date Wednesday...I can't wait to get back to my walking, I was up to 2 miles a day before surgery and I know I will have to start back over slow but think that it will help me feel even better.

It is hard managing all of the vitimans,water,broth because you can't drink while you eat and you have to space everything out but it is all falling into place.

I am excited for everyone and can't wait to hear more great stories!

Renita

Mississippi Girl.. Glad to hear your surgery was a success and you are doing well.. Try to relax and take care.. Dont over do it.. and when you go back to work remember to take it easy.. and walk frequently to stretch.. I am super glad to hear you are doing so well that is amazing.. Take care

yes - and that's what it is healing... i am still itching on day 7 post op plus i am a scab picker! i know, gross, but i think it has something to do with me wanting the insision to look neat! omg, im a freak... i used to do that with my other injuries and things growing up. i know it will just leave scars and my husband is constantly "scolding" me. ha ha ha

Meschultz:

Thanks! I took it easy today and I am feeling pretty good. Think I'll even try and make it to morning church services tomorrow.

I have a desk job, but Monday I do have a work outing to attend and it involves food...which I can't have...I hate having to deal with these situations because I don't want to explain to everyone what I've had done. My work colleagues know but our "clients" don't so it just causes a "sticky" situation!

It looks like you have really been doing awesome yourself! I appreciate you sharing your details...it is "comforting" to know how others are handling it.

Have a good rest of the weekend!

Mississippi Girl

Renite - it sounds like you are allergic to band-aids just like my brother. Presuming you need additional band-aids after your "wound check," ask that they use non-latex(?) band-aids. (I think band-aids are latex.)

Renata.............I am itching to death and I am at day 11 and yes on my sheet from the hospital itching=healing..........if it gets to the point that you cannot stand it ....call yr surgeon's office..........good luck i hope it passes quickly for both of us.

Edited by LINRO123
forgot name

meschultz.............:thumbup:hey we have the same surgery date but you have lost a lot more weight or are you including the pre-opt diet loss as well.......either way wonderful!!!!!!! Also I really enjoy looking at your weight loss and exercise ticker......can you help me try and set one up? thanks good luck.:thumbup:

Edited by LINRO123
forgot name

Hunnybunny..................:thumbup:Good luck I am exactly 2 weeks ahead of you if I can answer any questions let me know.......yes i remember being nervous as I got closer...but i went in 710am and was home by 245pm...... the surgery day is the easy part.....really

Good Luck

Linro:sleep: