Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

I understand about the grocery thing...but for some reason here is what I'm obsessing over food NETWORK cooking shows!! I have a friend who had gastric bypass a few years back. She says I'm mourning food and since I can't get it in my stomach i'm getting my fix with my eyes ha ha!

Also, before my preop and surgery my husband did all the cooking. Now I'm cooking for them like never before. I guess because I have the energy but the smell satisfies me too...Isn't this crazy.

Is anyone else hooked on cooking shows? Or am I the oddball out. I'm also looking as to how I can cook healthier for my family. They've been eating better and my husband is losing a few pounds too.

As of yesterday I was down by 26 lbs!

Love the cooking shows too!! But, I like Paula Deen :smile2: and she ins't known for healthy dishes...but she is so funny to watch.

I was able to watch it Saturday for a little while but when she did filet mignon I had to turn it.

I would love some meat protein!!

To the Smashing pumpkin that bought the roast and couldn't eat it but prepared it for your family--you win a purple heart! lol

I am not sure I could go there. My husband has been cooking for my kids because I am a "tester" while I cook.

Renita

Hi October Bandsters,

I'm feeling better everyday. Banded 10/7. Still working on getting in enough Protein. I've lost 9.4 lbs since the surgery. Doing a lot of walking. I'm starting to work from home now. Will so for the next week. I am an office/finance manager, so I can do a lot of stuff on my computer. I feel very blessed to be able to do that and not return back to work so early.

I hope all of my fellow banders are doing well. From what I have read, the ones that have had surgery are doing pretty well. What is expected anyway. That is great. And to those of you due to have your surgery this week, I will keep you in my prayers.

I also want to thank those that have sent me private emails with well wishes. I really appreciate it.

Take care for now.

Hey Renita, can you tell me a sample menu. What have you been eating thus far? I feel like I am not eating enough and dont want to starve!

Don't know if you want my sample menu but here is an idea, maybe others can add theirs and we can all share ideas:

I have a Protein Shake in the morning 29 grams of Protein.< /strong>

I take my vitimans-all chewable

Then I have 2 oz broth

I have my Water always w/a protein slam mixed in-27 grams

I sip on it all day and inbetween "eating" since your not supposed to eat and drink.

popsicle or Jello if I want a snack

supper--thinned cream Soup strained-2-3 oz

Also keep in mind that it takes me an hour to eat my 2-3 oz of soup because it says to eat it very slowly in my manual.

I am also supposed to be getting in more protein than I am so I am ordering the Unjury to add to my broth/soup to help with that.

Hope that gives you an idea but maybe someone else has a "better plan" they can share..add.

What is your plan like?

Renita.

Lol thanks so much Renita. I am laughing because we basically have the same menu. I just thought I wasn't doing enough. It also takes me an hour to eat my chicken broth, because my manual also says to eat sloooooowly lol. Thank you so much for posting.

I have a Protein Shake in the morning 29 grams of Protein.< /strong>(some times I eat baby food)

Then I have 2 oz broth

I have my Water always w/a protein slam mixed in-27 grams (i dont add protein mix but I always drink water)

I sip on it all day and inbetween "eating" since your not supposed to eat and drink.

I am having my surgery on the 16th. good luck. I am excited and ready. I am on the sugar busters as the pre-op. I am not sure how good I am doing on it, but the doctors do not seemed worried about it. they have not really told me much, how about you?

Lol thanks so much Renita. I am laughing because we basically have the same menu. I just thought I wasn't doing enough. It also takes me an hour to eat my chicken broth, because my manual also says to eat sloooooowly lol. Thank you so much for posting.

I have a Protein Shake in the morning 29 grams of Protein.< /strong>(some times I eat baby food)

Then I have 2 oz broth

I have my Water always w/a protein slam mixed in-27 grams (i dont add protein mix but I always drink water)

That is funny that we are close to the same with our menu.

GNC has the protein vials that I add to my water, you should try them.

New whey Liquid Protein 42g - 12 Vials by IDS Sports, Supplements.Net

I am worried about the protein because I don't want to loose any hair..I am a little older than you and have the "big 80's hair" as my daughter likes to say :smile2: and I want to keep it... regardless of my 14 year olds comments.

Renita

I am going for surgery on Oct. 21st!!! I have been waiting for what seems like forever and now it is here. My emotions keep gooing back and forth between excited and fear. I haven't been told to do anything other than show up. I still am waiting for my endoscopy apt. to be made. I noticed that I have become very comtemplative since getting the date. I have been thinking about what used to be. All the failed diets and all the pressure of losing weight to turn around and putting it back on. I have been battling my weight since I was thirteen and I am now over 40.

I feel like my fight is finally over.

I have a date set for October 22nd. I am nervous and excited. I would like to connect with anyone else who may be getting banded on or near that day. I am 55 and am wondering if being older is a hinderance in the weight loss. Hope not. I only feel 30 inside! :smile2: Good luck to all the October 2008 bandsters!!

Lori, I was banded 10/6/08 and I am 54 yr old. Starting weight was 260 and pre-op was 243 I feel great...I have been on Clear Liquids and Protein since surgery. I haven't had much problems with gas or hunger either (only mind hunger lol) I go for my post op tomorrow afternoon but my weight is definitely down! Will send more info tomorrow Hope that makes you feel better!

Hey sveltelady...I'm on the 21st too!!!!:smile2: I'm so excited:sad:, but scared just becuase this is my first surgery. Everyone banded JUST LAST WEEK, you make it sound OK. Thanks for that. I go to my appt on the 15th to get the pre-op diet.

I want to RUN, play soccer, go swimming and not worry about what I look like in a swimsuit. I want to be able to cross my legs like a lady vs cross my ankles.:laugh:

I pray that all of us do well short-term, long-term, life-term. We need a LAPBAND photo shoot for Oct 2008 bandsters in May. that will be the 6 months mark.

I'M SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!

Renita,

I love paula deen too and this past week on one of the shows she made fried cheesecake...I said why am i putting myself this this torture!! but everybody on every show loves to put a little butter here and a little butter there...I'm thinking its more like a little pound here and a little pound there ha ha!

When I was in the hospital they had this channel Fit TV--I dont' get it at home but there is a cooking show called something decadence with Devin Alexander I think...don't quote me...but anyway she has written a cookbook that makes fast food a little healthier. For example she actually has name brand fast food like a big mac from McDonalds and makes it taste similar but a healthier way..My family and I LOVE the taste of fastfood and think i'm gonna try the cookbook.

Mississippi Girl,

I am from Mississippi too so I guess we think alike when it comes to food! I mean what good is fish if it ain't fried?..lol

I will have to get that book you mentioned.

Now that I have been "starving" I think I will come out on the other end with a new appreciation for food.

I will be sooo good if I could only have a bite!

I know this band is a "tool" and I don't feel the tight restriction as of yet, hopefully that will come later after a fill or so to help me help myself :smile2:

Take Care,

Renita

Hey, I am new on this site and I am being banded on Oct. 24th at Wadley Hospital in Texarkana, TX by Dr. Heikier (sp?). I guess I am an October Bandster! I am on the liquid/1 salad a day diet and totally starving. I really just want to eat a few crackers around 3 or 4 o'clock- does anyone stay on this preop perfectly or did some of you cheat a little? I am being really strict... also, how has everyone's experience been during and after the surgery getting fills from Dr. H? Someone told me he is kind of difficult. sooooooooooo, i am very excited and nervous. I am also really scared something will bad happen to me. Can anyone help? going crazy here...:Banane53::laugh::smile2:

Renita,

I'm the same way about fish...but like you too I hope that the band will kick in like I expect it too...because right now on these liquids it growls all the time!

Likebefore,

I did cheat a little on my preop diet....about 3 times in 2 weeks. 2 times I ate about 6 bites of a grilled chicken breast and the other time it was with a salad and boiled shrimp. I lost 19 lbs in my preop and the doc said my liver looked great...but really try and stick to your strict diet. The times I cheated was when I was out with a whole bunch of business people and I didn't want to explain myself.....