Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

meschultz.............:thumbup:hey we have the same surgery date but you have lost a lot more weight or are you including the pre-opt diet loss as well.......either way wonderful!!!!!!! Also I really enjoy looking at your weight loss and exercise ticker......can you help me try and set one up? thanks good luck.:thumbup:

For directions with pictures about creating a ticker, click on the following link:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f5/ticker...ictures-41782/

Sickntired:thumbup:..................thanks ,,,ok i already read the tutorial.....got the 2 tickers i wanted now the problem seems to be cutting and pasting them to my name on this website,,,,,so close but yet so far.lol...............yes i am not so great with the computer......any additional help would be much appreciated.

linro:thumbup:

Hello all i'm getting banded on 10/22/08 and all of a sudden I cant stop crying I have such a big feeling of being over welmed I need help. has this happened to any one I guess it's going to fianally happen and i'm a bit nervous scared and all of the above I need some word of encouragement thanks............

Hello all I'm getting banded on 10/22/08 and all of a sudden I cant stop crying I have such a big feeling of being overwhelmed I need help. has this happened to any one I guess it's going to finally happen and I'm a bit nervous scared and all of the above I need some word of encouragement thanks............

I know how you feel! I am overwhelmed too! I go the day before you.

You've worked so hard to get to this point. Fought tooth and nail to get your approval. And, now the reality of what you have to look forward to sets in.

Will I ever get to eat "xyz" again? Will I feel terrible? Will I be able to do "xyz"?

Trust me Sister! I am there!! You are not alone.

I just keep thinking about how this is all going to help me get to where I want to be. I want to be thin. I want to be healthy. I don't want to be a fat Mom. I don't want to impart my bad eating habits on my Daughter. I don't want my Daughter to eat bad things. I never want her to have to do this.

I just keep reading the message boards and learning little bits here and there. Making a list of things to remember, things to take with me to the hospital, things to buy at the grocery store. Just trying to be as prepared for every curve they can throw me.

And, as prepared as I want to be... it may not be enough. And, in the end, it will probably most definitely be JUST FINE!

We are all here for you too. Best wishes.

Renite - it sounds like you are allergic to band-aids just like my brother. Presuming you need additional band-aids after your "wound check," ask that they use non-latex(?) band-aids. (I think band-aids are latex.)

SickNTired--that could be the case and I didn't think about that beforehand. I will tell them tomorrow if I need additional band-aids--thanks for the advice :crying:

Renita

yes - and that's what it is healing... i am still itching on day 7 post op plus i am a scab picker! i know, gross, but i think it has something to do with me wanting the insision to look neat! omg, im a freak... i used to do that with my other injuries and things growing up. i know it will just leave scars and my husband is constantly "scolding" me. ha ha ha

Interesting Mistydaz! lol

A little OCD maybe? I know lots of "pickers"...your not a freak :crying:

renita

Renata.............I am itching to death and I am at day 11 and yes on my sheet from the hospital itching=healing..........if it gets to the point that you cannot stand it ....call yr surgeon's office..........good luck i hope it passes quickly for both of us.

Thanks LINRO123--glad to know I am not alone with my itching!

I am not sure I can make it 11 days!:crying:

I will definitely mention it tomorrow to the doctor/nurse.

I appreciate all of the replies and great comments!

Thanks,

Renita

Interesting Mistydaz! lol

A little OCD maybe? I know lots of "pickers"...you're not a freak :crying:

renita

When my mom had arm surgery, the doctor kept her bandaged longer b/c women are known to be pickers!!! As a matter of fact, my mom and I both really pick our cuticles but we have good nails! Weird!

Travelin - I hadn't thought about the adhesive - good addition! Example of how LBT is such a great community!

Edited by SickNTired

I certainly didn't mean it to sound offensive. Again, the men in my family (both sides) keloid but I didn't. I just like to learn. :crying:

Oh No it was'nt offensive, i did'nt take it like that. and i'm like you, i'm taking everything in and learning something everyday.

Wow, I can't believe it...the surgery is tomorrow! I can't wait! Good luck to those of you who are having surgery this week as well!

Good Luck!

I was banded on October 2nd. 2008. 4 more days until I can have soft foods yeh! I am down a wopping 14.5lbs!!!! YEHHHHHH!!!! For all the ones whos posted they were having their sugery in October have you had it yet or is your date coming up? It's a great journey we are on everyone! Like SoCalClass said:"nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"!

Terry,

Wow --- you are doing well! Congrats! I am still on the pre-op and being faithful but I seem to be plateaued. Scary! I hope I don't do this after. However, I have not been exercising. I guess I better get off my fat arse if I want to get over having one.