Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

The most difficult thing was the period from after surgery until you have good restriction. I couldn't even tell I had a band. I kept on my plan mostly during this time and lost around 10 pounds a month, but it was so hard because my band wasn't helping me yet. I remember thinking that this worked for lots of people, but it was going to be another thing that I did to lose weight that failed. Being obese, we become so accustom to weight loss plans not working. Well, it works. Once you have restriction your are like, WOW!! This period is known as Bandster Hell, and now I know why. Just remember that this is not "another weight loss attempt" This is a lifestyle change and determine from the start that you are going to be successful, and once you get through Bandster Hell you will begin to see results that you really wondered if were possible.

Thanks for the words of encouragement I soo need them right now..im full of the “what if’s” mostly negative ones due to my approval being in limbo

Congrats on your success and keep up the great work! :)

Welcome Renewedhope! Thanks for coming in and being source of hope, inspiration, and knowledge for us!!

RH... maybe I shouldn't say this.... oh well, I have two weeks before surgery.... I LOVE Pittsburgh Hotlinks!!!! My grandmother is from Gilmer so I grew up on them..... thus..... explains the rolls on my belly and hips....hahhaa.... I work for a wholesale liquor distributor and we distribute up there...... it is a small world!!!

I love Pittsburg Hotlinks too. I haven't had any since I was banded. I am eating low carb right now. How many carbs in a hot link?? HMMMM.

I used to work at a Resteraunt called Warrick's. They are owners of the Hot link place. I know them personally. Nice people.

I don't know anyone looking for a house here, but there are lots of them for sale.

Updated list (hope I have everyone!):

October 1- shanna234; salome000; wvprisonrn; 9pdmnm5; linro123; Meschultz--YAY! Banded!

October 2-Vidahlia; NEWLIFE4BEV; mrsrdh; mamac; kdraves; emialiabri; markfarnsworth; Bratty_Nicole--Yay! Banded!

October 3-Miss Undastood; SaraJaneQ; LoneStarLoser; Cyndi2464; purplerose; brandie; garysmithey; Ara

October 4-

October 6-Sweet Gothic,Odawa; DeeH; sim78; bandedCG; sweetgothic; daydreamer1; artistapril; roxann; MississippiGirl; trinaj

October 7-nighttart6; melboyd; EllindaGreek; NFaith; PandorasMom; Betelnut; mimilou; mark2842; lula23; harleyc; odawa ; short n' sassy; longhorn girl; cellis82; grannytwinkie

October 8-austex; LoveIslovely; karebare714; birchmoon; tiaj; lisalef; goosefraba; renita; socalcass; Toosywoots

October 9-Izzyd; Mamacj; triciat; karenk;

October 10- morkiecoco

October 11-

October 13-myturn0421; lindatatu; vandih; fabnatsdiva; msk1968; travelinsorkel; missundastood; clv811

October 14-MyTurn; cstauble; bimbabe; BobbieND; crimsondawn; leannmorton; mamary5; sexievilyellow; myturn; nrpnrp; toots2008

October 15-rulooknatme; gritar; cheryl1952; alteration; animalover

October 16-SickNTired; SanMateoDae; Bino; angelx5; tracie30; maggiehpp

October 17-Lshelley21; josiegurl; shadowland; newgrama0904; swalesfcc

October 18-

October 20-nazzy; Ruby124; LynnN

October 21-SnowWhite760; Vickie; gottabthin; cyndyg; rondapooh1

October 22-annecolorgreen; jogirl

October 23- blueangelkc80;

October 24-illinoishusker; bradley18; tyme2getrite; ktravel

October 25-

October 27- ebonie1015; alabamagirl1975

October 28-

October 29-knickerbocker; ~Bridgette~; SCTexasGirl; julie.ann; lauriel; dirigo

October 30-NFaith; kygirl31

October 31-

Congrats to all October Bandsters who just got banded!!! My surgery is set for Oct. 6th early in morning. Nice October list of bandsters, thanks!! Please do keep in touch,

Sweet Gothic:thumbup:

Hi MarybnSC,

I had surgery on Oct. 1 and I'm taking 2 weeks off. I work as a nurse in a women's maximum security prison. I went into surgery about 1pm and was on my way home by 5pm.

Reading about all of the people who have had their surgery already is just getting me more excited for mine! I can't believe that it is almost here!! I just finished my students progress reports which was the last thing that I had to do before I left school! :cursing: It sounds like everybody is doing great!!

Best of luck to those of you who are going in on Monday: October 6-Odawa; DeeH; sim78; bandedCG; sweetgothic; daydreamer1; artistapril; roxann; MississippiGirl; trinaj :angry::cursing: I will be thinking of you!

I was surprised to read that so many people are going back to work so soon. I am taking 3 weeks off and now I feel like a slacker :cursing: The doctor's office told me to treat it like a mini-vacation and I thought you don't have to tell me twice! Besides I work with some pretty aggressive 8 year olds, I don't need one of them punching me in the stomach (wouldn't be the first time).

Anyway, however long you have for recovery~ enjoy it! and get plenty of rest :smile:

Thank you so much Renewedhope for chiming in providing us with wisdom. Wow... you have done an awesome job in one year.

I have been soooo nervous all week and your post was most refreshing to read.

My surgeon called this morning an told me our weight loss goals are: 4 wks (16 lbs)

1 1b. per wk

2 lbs per wk with exercise

50 lbs off this year

70 lbs off within 2 years

Hey everyone! I know that October seems like forever away, but I was just seeing if there is anyone out there that wants some help and support through the long days leading up to the best thing that will every happen to us!? Can't wait to hear some support and excitement.

yes i am getting banded oct 11 in mexico Dr. corvella, I am nervous, and will take any encouragement anyone can share. We are from Canada and are going to vegas for a holiday with our 8 children (yeah yeah lol) and I am leaving my husband and going to sandiego and mexico for 4 1/2 days. I just hope that I can keep up to the rest when i get back to vegas until the friday when we fly back to canada. (overnight it in the airport in calgary ,with 8 kids, and fly back to sask at 9 am arrive at 10.00 am drive home for 2 hrs. I,m already stressed

Hi! I am scheduled for surgery on 10/13/08. I am doing the pre-op diet right now and it SUCKS. I realize, though, that I have to get through this because it is going to get worse.....any comments/insights out there? I am in San Antonio, Texas - any San Antonians out there????

I am having mine put in by Dr. Christine Ren at NYU this coming Monday, October 6th. I am a bit nervous, but anything has to be better than this liquid diet! heh

I am having my the surgery the same day with Dr. Fielding. What time do u have to be there? I have to be there at 8 am. I can't beleive its less then two days away!:tongue2: