Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded & Hoping to get Preg - join in!

Could be, I was super tight for no reason, called to schedule an unfill; they couldn't get me in for a month. Later that day I realized i missed TOM that day, so took a test and sure enough I was preg. I got them to get me in for an unfill sooner, but honestly, within 2 weeks that super tightness wore off and I regretted having an unfill. My doc is so far away, I figured I'd just wait till after I had baby to get a fill back.. but I did some major weight damage in that time, and now I can't get back to my restriction. So if I ever get my restriction back, when we have baby #2, I am going to tough out the initial tightness (if it happens that way again).

Well, i tested this morning with a FRER Digital, 4 days before my period is due, and i got a big fat NO. :wink: BFN. Well, i may be down, but i'm not out yet. It was pretty early to test so i'll probably test again if i don't get my period when it's due, but no YES for me yet.

I have an appointment today for a slight unfil. And i do mean SLIGHT! I will probably just have them take 0.2 cc out and see how it goes.

Fairyfacade, i'm of course worried about what you mentioned and i really want to keep a good fill through a pregnancy, but right now i'm just a little too tight and my doctor is close by and always fits me in, plus it's covered by insurance, so i'm gonna go in and if i end up wide open, i'll just go in again for a fill.

I'm still hoping that miraculously something will change over the course of the week, but for now it's a BFN. But hey, this was just my first cycle. I do think i'm going to try out the OPK next month though. Afterall, peeing on a stick is tons of fun! :smile:

Good luck to everyone trying and thanks to the "vets" who come in here and encourage us! (Thanks Fairy!)

Hello all. My name is Ebony and I am new to this thread. I am thinking about getting banded because I am 404 pounds, 28 years old, about to get married, and cannot have kids (due to being overweight). I am hoping that the band will help me conceive before I am 30.

I have not set up an doc appointments yet, but I will be attending a seminar for the Realize Band in 2 days! I am very scared and still don't know if I am going to get banded or not.

Congrats to everyone who got pregnant and good luck to those who are still trying!!!

Hi Ebony!

I may be biased, but i say DEFINITELY GO FOR IT! The band that is. It has been such a great feeling for me to finally be off the roller coaster of weight loss. I have had a great band experience and i would say that so much of that has been due to the amazing aftercare that i receive at my doctor's office, so make sure you chose a surgeon with a great aftercare approach.

And i can't think of better motivation for losing weight than the promise of a baby. I've noticed that since i've been TTC i've been thinking more about what i chose to put into my body. I've always just made my choices based on calories when dieting, but now i am thinking about nutrition for my future child. I think that's pretty neat!

For me, i really needed something to physically limit my portions. I just couldn't do it for any prolonged period of time on my own. Now that the band takes care of portions, it's just up to me to chose the right foods. (Definitely not as easy as it sounds).

Good luck both with the band seminar and the baby making plans!

Edited by dewl
spelling

Ok, sorry for the back-to-back post, but i just wanted to give an update.

Yesterday i went to the doctor for a slight unfill, but after talking to him about we decided that i will keep my fill and make sure i am eating nice small bandster portions and if i'm still having trouble i'll just come back in.

I'm glad i decided to do this. I'm focusing on eating Protein and veggies and for right now i'm pureeing them to make them easier to take, but my hunger is very minimal and the weight loss has been great! Besides, as i lose a bit more i will naturally loosen up a bit.

Anyway, right now i'm still assuming i'm not pregnant, but i will test again if i miss my period this weekend. He said keeping my fill during pregnancy is just fine, except...

if i have any vomiting from morning sickness, he will unfill me until the morning sickness passes. Doesn't want to risk anything happening to the band from vomiting. Fair enough.

Ok, i promise i'm done now! :wink2:

PS... only 9 lbs to a healthy BMI!!!

Hi everyone.

Ok this is long, so sit still.....

I am 36 yrs old, banded 9-08, lost 40 pounds to date, still has 60 to 70 to go.

Been married 10 years, ttc #1 for 10 years unofficially. Have muscular dystrophy, anemia, type 2 diabetes, controlled.

Am in my first cycle of ttc with fertility meds. did clomid, now on cd 17, just got the ovidrel shot today, so hopefully i am going to o tomorrow, i am really scared because my neuro dr scared the hell out of me telling me i can have complications with lung restrictive disease, i do have it but mild, but he said it can get worse with pg, and it can get bad. oh i want a baby soooo so bad, am i doing the right thing???

Ok, officially not pregnant this month. Got my period yesterday and it was a doozey. Now i remember why i went on the pill! I felt horrible. Anyway, the first cycle after going off the pill ended up being 32 days (instead of the 28 days i was assuming). Looks like we should have been BDing during the week my husband was away on business. What can ya do? :bored:

I think i'm going to try some opk/fertility montitoring this month. That will give me something new to obsess about!! hehe.

But man, i am really missing the pill already! The cramps are killing me!

Good luck to all the ladies out there trying!

I've been banded for 6 months and we have decided to start TTC in July! I go to my gyno on the 27th of July and we will discuss if I need anything to help with the process. I am so excited!

Hey ladies,

Well, it's cycle 2 and this is my fertile week so the husband and i are gettin' busy. :) We'll see how this month goes. My band has loosened up a bit so i haven't had to puree any food in a while which is good and my weight is slowly creeping down, so that's good. I did buy myself an EXPENSIVE Clearblue easy fertility monitor, but it arrived too late for me to use it this cycle. So we'll see how this cycle goes and if it's a dud, i'll use the fertility monitor next month.

Good luck to you all!

Ok, officially not pregnant this month. Got my period yesterday and it was a doozey. Now i remember why i went on the pill! I felt horrible. Anyway, the first cycle after going off the pill ended up being 32 days (instead of the 28 days i was assuming). Looks like we should have been BDing during the week my husband was away on business. What can ya do? :biggrin:

I think i'm going to try some opk/fertility montitoring this month. That will give me something new to obsess about!! hehe.

But man, i am really missing the pill already! The cramps are killing me!

Good luck to all the ladies out there trying!

On the subject of ovulation predictors- I see you bought a ClearPlan/ClearBlue Ovulation monitor. You will not be disappointed!! It's a bit of a heavy investment, but it is well worth it to know exactly what day you're ovulating. It just takes a little more of the guess work out.

It is also useful in seeing the length of your cycles, if you monitor that kind of thing. It's a more sophisticated piece of machinery from the typical kits at the drug store.

The best thing about it, I think, is that you can also monitor if you're not ovluating (something that tipped me off to the fact that I had PCOS a few years back).

Edited by Kissmygrits

Hi,

I was wondering how long any of you waited to get pregnant after the lap band surgery. We would like to have another baby (hopefully a girl), but just dont know the timing of everything. Dr. says if it happens within a couple of months its ok, but the more you lose the better. Others have said to wait a whole year! Also, can vomiting cause band slippage? Thanks! Carin:thumbup:

So since i got the Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor too late for this cycle, i did go out and buy a pack of regular OPK tests for this month. (Yes, i am throwing a lot of money at this "problem"). hehe.

I am feeling pretty crampy today which makes me wonder if i might be ovulating. I felt this same way last month around when i thought i would be ovulating, so we'll see if the OPK gives me the "smiley face" (all they had was the digital kind) to indicate my LH surge or not.

I am of course hoping to get pregnant this cycle, even if it will mean that i wasted my money buying a fertility monitor that i never got to use. :smile2:

We'll see. Oh yeah, and along with a little cramping, my band seems to be tight today. I felt the band tighten last month too. Some of this might just be me adjusting to all the hormones going on now that i'm off the pill.

Anyway, thanks for letting me babble on about ovulation and cramps! It spares my husband from having to listen to me about that stuff! hehe.

I remember thinking about buying the fertility monitor when we were TTC last year but decided against it. I thought it wouldn't really help if we were getting busy every 2 days, we would eventually time it right . . . and that worked like a charm :0)

I remember thinking about buying the fertility monitor when we were TTC last year but decided against it. I thought it wouldn't really help if we were getting busy every 2 days, we would eventually time it right . . . and that worked like a charm :0)

Heather... those of us on the Shrinkin' Violets thread are wondering where you are. Did you get our gifts?? We've been waiting for a baby update. I see your posts on Facebook and Laura sees your posts here, but the rest of us there don't visit these two places.

I got a positive OPK yesterday. It was kinda exciting. I felt like i'd won something. :tongue_smilie: