Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded & Hoping to get Preg - join in!

I make the mistake of trying to roll over quickly and it pulls the round ligament, so I get that muscle pain.

I get this too and it is rough.

Sometimes I get up to pee at night too quickly (probably because I wait until I am almost ready to burst before I go if I am sleeping deeply) . . . and it hurts!!! If I wasn't awake before, you can be sure I am after that.

It is kind of like seriously stubbing your toe at night . . . unexpected but really painful. I only seem to make the mistake of moving too fast when I am half asleep, lol.

Ugh, rolling over hurts....I always pull something. That or reaching for something, like the alarm clock or glass of Water seems to hurt. I'm not getting tons of baby movement yet unless I'm in a sitting position, but the other night I got a nice strong kick while laying in bed..it made me giggle.

Our follow up ultrasound is Friday...Very much anticipated visit! This will (hopefully) confirm the baby is a boy and allow the docs a good look at baby's face and heart, since he was hiding them last time. I just want to be able to be relieved and relaxed...so please pray for me, cross your fingers, send happy thoughts my way, good karma, etc.

Yeah the rolling over part only gets worse!!

You'll have to let us know how the US goes :glare:)

I just got back from doc, we were talking about inducing next week, I told her I want to hold out at least another week if he doesn't come on his own by then..

She checked me and said that's good because although I am dilating well, he isn't engaged and I'm not effacing much :) NOT what I want to hear. I keep hoping I go into labor any minute. Days sure do drag on.

Fairy,

It seems like time has flown! I'm sure you feel like you've been preg FOREVER, but it seems like it was only yesterday when you sent me a message saying you were preg! Crazy that now you're ready to deliver...so cool!

I know that they want to check my B12 levels soon, something to do with my OBGYN consulting a lap band surgeon who said banded women occasionally need their B12 levels monitored during pregnancy, so maybe that's why my doc has a note in my file to skip the glucola diabetes test...hmmm.

Well, it's been a long time since I posted on this site but I've been following all of you and I just wanted to let you know that I've officially joined .....i just took a hpt and it's positive++++++++++++ I'm beyond excited! Anyway, i'm sure we'll be talking more!

CONGRATS! :):w00t: It doesn't seem like that took too long for you at all! (Or am I thinking of someone else?) I definitely think this band should be called a fertility band!

Ok, so I'm torn. I think I need someone to talk some sense into me or reassure me. Please help! I'll give you some background.

My husband and I got married 4 1/2 years ago. I was 19. Before we got married, I was saying we'll probably have a baby in 8-9 years - NO rush at all. But something happened after the wedding. I don't know what- I wanted a baby. We got married in December, and I can vividly remember in February, watching "A Baby Story" and balling! LOL.

Anyways, I was on the Depo Provera shot for 4 years. I stopped in March, 2008, in the hopes of getting pregnant. I didn't have a cycle until November, 2008 and obviously I'm not pregnant yet.

I've gained more and more weight since being married. And in February, I was at my highest weight at 240. That's when I started the LapBand process. My husband and I got banded 3/24/09.

Now, I've lost some weight- not a lot- but some. And it seems like everyone and their mom is pregnant around me! I was going to get on the Nuva Ring this month but I still really want to have a baby. I'm almost in tears just writing this reply!

Am I crazy to want to continue "trying"? Should I wait until I lose more weight? Please HELP!

GoyaChula, first of all you need to discuss this with your band surgeon, but the standard is that you need to wait 12-18 months after being banded before you try to get pregnant. You need to let your body heal and get used to your new lifestyle, and that will give you time to lose the majority, if not all, of your excess weight. I am almost positive that your surgeon will tell you that you need to be on hormonal birth control right now.

If you have had fertility issues due to weight gain, you will probably become more fertile as you lose weight. Many bandsters have become pregnant without trying, after years of infertility, because they have lost weight.

I got married very young (age 18) and have been married for almost 14 years. I have had bouts over the years of really wanting to get pregnant, but we chose to wait, mostly for financial reasons but also to grow together more as a couple. I understand how it feels when it seems like everybody around you is pregnant or has children. Most of my friends have children, including those several years younger than me.

I have always been big but also gained weight during the marriage and hit 302 pounds at my highest point. When I turned 30, I felt ready to get pregnant in every way but physically. I knew I wanted to be at a healthier weight when I got pregnant and that is part of why I got banded.

A little over a year later I am 14 pounds from my goal weight, feel great and am trying to conceive with the support of my band doc and my OB/GYN.

I would suggest that you and your husband focus on getting healthy now and think again about getting pregnant a year from now (or however long your doctor advises to wait). You have plenty of time. That's my opinion.

Since I just replied...just wanted to chime in and say congrats to everyone who just found out they were pregnant.

My period was due on Sunday. I took a hpt this morning but it's negative. I feel strange but not like I'm about to start my period. Hard to describe. Guess I'll be testing again in a week if Aunt Flow doesn't show up. I really don't have high hopes because this is the first cycle of trying; on the other hand, my GYN said that I would have a good chance this cycle because it should be my first time ovulating in ages. We shall see...I hope that I'm joining your merry little group soon...

Am I crazy to want to continue "trying"? Should I wait until I lose more weight? Please HELP!

Are you crazy for wanting to continue "trying" . . . absolutely not. Almost all of us are in our position because we wanted to be preggers.

Should you wait . . . I think that would be an excellent idea.

Banding is hard and requires a lot of emotional and psychological changes . You need time to focus on banding if you really want to be successful at it. Having a new baby is going to make it a heck of a lot harder to focus.

Also, as you are losing a lot of weight in the early days of banding, hormones previously stored in your fat are being released and so your system is out of wack. It is better to stabilize your hormones before adding a baby (which will just further disrupt your hormones).

Also, as most of us can attest, it is infinitely easier to get pregnant after we have lost significant weight than before. There is just something about it that seems to almost reset our reproductive systems. I have wanted another child for 16 long years. It took me all of 2 weeks to get preggers after going off the pill and losing significant weight.

Last but not least, pregnancy is hard on your body. You will be much healthier and it will be much easier for you if you start at a lower weight. I would at least suggest waiting until you are out of the obese BMI range.

Good luck with whatever you decide :0). We are all interested in hearing much more about your banding and pregnancy journies.

Thanks so much, GreenChrysalis and HeatherO. I'm going to (reluctantly) wait. LOL. It seems like i've been reluctantly waiting for 4 1/2 years. haha. I know what ya'll are saying makes sense and is the responsible thing to do - but I can't shake this tendency to cry everytime someone announces their pregnancy. Which seems like every other day! LOL.

I'll be good and responsible. I know it's for the best. Thank you so much and I'm so glad we have this outlet to vent and support each other.

GoyaChula, we all understand. I just keep telling my husband, "Everybody is pregnant except for me. Everybody!" Of course that's not true, and I know in my head that it will happen when it's supposed to, but emotions are emotions. Your time will come, and I can bet that you'll be glad you waited. :wub:

GoyaChula, plz forgive my pushy-ness, but you should really, really wait. You haven't even had a month with your new band...are you even back to a normal diet yet? Have you had any fills? Adjusting to the lifestyle and ups and downs of the band took me 4 months, very strict months. Another downside of getting pregnant anytime soon is that the stitches holding your newly installed band and port usually take 3-6 months to settle into the muscle walls around them. Getting pregnant could cause a band slippage or cause your port to flip, meaning you'd need more surgery. This happened to a friend who was banded and pregnant 7 weeks later. Her band slipped to a spot where it eroded her esophageal muscles, so they couldn't even wait for her pregnancy to end, she had to have emergency surgery in her 3rd month of pregnancy and ended up having a very rough recovery and high risk pregnancy.

I have been with my guy for 8 yrs and waiting so long to get preggo was difficult, but it will be all the more special and rewarding then. You will appreciate it alot!

Good luck!! Feel free to continue posting in any pregnancy forums, you're one of us, pregnant or not!

hi can I join you ladies?

I was banded July 05. did really good. then fell off the bandwagon....stopped getting fills, had bad habits etc....and on top of that we were ttc our 4th child....since Oct 06. I finally got pregnant in July and just m/c in Oct. of this year....

I recently had a fill and am back on track and hope to lose the rest of this weight and maybe that will kick start my fertility....it has been an emotional rollercoaster that I am SO ready to hop off of....

I am thrilled for you that have been able to get pregnant! that is wonderful...and hopeful for us that haven't yet!

hugs!

M.

http://laparoscopicbanding.blogspot.com