Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded & Hoping to get Preg - join in!

Great to hear your good news!

Glad to hear the good update Newlife!!!

Without bleeding, I tried to stay unattached for a long time, just worried 'something' would happen.

Finally gotten over that, I guess when I did the 20w ultrasound and saw him and he was moving and doing things babies do (wiping his face, kicking, etc.) it finally seemed real. Since then I've cleaned out the nursery, and made plans to go look at furniture, I'm ready to get it all set up!!

My new years.. I was in bed & asleep by 9pm. I'm a fuddy duddy like that.

FYI - I posted an update in the wrong thread...hee hee. It's in the "Morning Sickness or Lack thereof" thread. I guess it kinda fits there too, but if you wanna read it, that's where it is.

How is everyone doing? Newlife...how's it going with your baby bean?

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update on me. Biggest/best news is that I am officially in my 2nd trimester now! YAY! I can breathe a little easier and relax a bit. I really identify with Fairy and you others who say it was scary to get attached to the pregnancy..that's how I feel.

Lately I just really FEEL pregnant. There is a tightening, mild cramping ache in my abdomen during most afternoons into the evening. I can't sleep on my tummy much anymore either, more on my side kinda leaning on a pillow. Lower back and hips hurt, but I will gladly endure all of that.

The stock show/rodeo is in Denver right now so we went this weekend because hubby and I had Monday the 19th off for MLK day. Had a great time seeing all the bull riding, baby cows, etc. Also got to go with my 4 yr old nephew who I just love spending time with.

Yesterday (Monday) pretty much sucked as a day off. Hubby's car broke down and we drove all over tarnation trying to find a mechanic who would fix it for not a huge amount of money...ugh. Still in the shop, we're picking it up tonight. My friend Annie is 25 weeks preg and got admitted last night for high blood pressure and Fluid surrounding her lungs, kinda like LJM, so please send prayers her way! She's a petite person and the baby is large, but not yet developed enough to come out, so I'm hoping she can get to at least 32 weeks, that is the doctor's optimistic hope.

Hugs! It's been awhile, how are you all doing out there?

Ejmdiva, Congrats on reaching the second trimester!!! It seems so weird that it goes by quickly, but now comes the fun part.

I am finding the second trimester is soooo much better than the first. I feel pretty good, my ravenous - omg if I don't eat NOW I am going to dieee - hunger has subsided, and the best part is that my bump is growing nicely and I can feel the baby a'swimmin.

Today is a milestone in that I have reached the official, halfway point of the pregnancy, 20 weeks :0)

Woohoo EJM :thumbup:

Time really starts to stand still when you finally let go of the paranoia and get excited! Sheesh, every day seems like forever away.

Hello to all the "MAMA's" out there. Its been a while since we have had a update on all the babies. Heather O...boy or girl. Diva...how is the second trimester treating you. Fairy...your due date shouldnt be that far away. Losingjusme...is there a new addition to the family?? AND everyone else.....

I also have been slacking on the posting, my mother in law passed away and I have been having a VERY TOUGH time. I got this band to hopefully lose some weight and make her a Grandma, but now I am never going to have that chance.

Hope to hear from you all real soon and hope all is well!! I need info on these babies....or a reason to smile!!!

Edited by babyfever

Heather O...boy or girl.

I also have been slacking on the posting, my mother in law passed away and I have been having a VERY TOUGH time. I got this band to hopefully lose some weight and make her a Grandma, but now I am never going to have that chance.

It's a girl which is just what I wanted. We are very excited about it and have been a'shoppin.

I am sorry to hear about your MIL. I lost my mother almost one year ago . . . she never knew I was destined to have another child so soon which was always her dream. You have my condolences.

hey all,

b-fever, my condolences on your MIL, i'm very sorry. i sit here with tears streaming down my face as i read that JaimeSTL lost her little girl today, who was born at 20 wks.

2nd trimester is going well, i'm almost 16 wks. i've noticed the band has more picky days and i've vomited or pb'd twice recently, both times it seems it was food/band related, not morning sickness as there wasn't nausea associated with it, just pain. Starting to be concerned that i may not make it all the way to Aug 1st due date with my whole fill...:thumbup:

Today marks the 8 yr anniversary of me and hubby's first date..8 wonderful yrs! It's bittersweet that we were young kids just hoping for a date around Valentine's Day and now we're married, playing house, having a baby!

Obviously I am hormonal and emotional too! Just really hoping to feel the baby move soon.

I know, Jaime's story breaks my heart.. I just can't imagine, in fact I really don't want to imagine that right now :smile:

Since you mentioned it, I met DH in February 8 years ago!

babyfever - sorry about your MIL.

i read Jaime's post on FB, so incredibly sad. she is in my thoughts.

i do have my son, DH is holding him right now... he is 2 weeks old today, hard to believe its been 2 weeks already!!

Heather O, Diva and LJM...Thank you for all the well wishes.

LJM, congrats on the baby boy. I bet he is precious.

Diva, I hope that baby starts kicking real soon and Heather, what wondeful news...its a girl. Girls are so fun to dress. I have a niece that just turned 1 and she is a true princess!!

I loved reading all your post. I too got banded so I could lose enough weight to have a baby I have lost 60 lbs and I am so ready for a baby. Congrats to all the mom and moms to be!!!!!!!!!

Hi! I am not new to LBT but I am new to this thread.

Although I told most people that I got banded solely to improve my health, a huge reason was that I didn't want to be a morbidly obese mom. AFAIK I don't have any other health issues that might impact my being able to conceive.

So now that I am down 100+ pounds and over a year out of surgery, I think that we are finally ready to start trying. The "baby rabies" (as a friend of mine calls it) is stronger now than it has ever been. I was planning to wait until I hit goal but I don't think I can wait however long that might take!

I have not yet spoken to my aftercare doc (my surgeon is out of state) or set up a pre-conception appointment with my ob/gyn but I am going to do both of those things soon. I don't see why either of them would say that it's not OK to go ahead, but who knows?

I just wanted to say hi. I have not allowed myself to read any of these threads until now but I'm going to be reading with a vengeance! :blush: