Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded & Hoping to get Preg - join in!

Ejmdiva I am so happy for you! I am not banded yet (surgery Dec 4) but the purpose of getting this band is so we can have kids. I have been checking on this thread every couple of days to follow your story! I am so excited for you!! I got chills when I read you were pregnant! You give me lots of hope! I need to lose about 100lbs before we can start trying. My fiance will also have to have a reversal done (he has 3 kids from his previous marriage) I feel like the cards are stacked high against us to have our own children. I know it's all in God's hands and it will happen when it is suppose to happen. Congrats again!

I never had PCOS, but I know I was infertile.. I thought it had to do with my pelvic kidney, or just the way my cards were dealt.. I was suppose to start fertility testing stuff this year, and hadn't gotten to it yet... when voila I was pregnant. So the band definitely had something to do with that, must have been weight keeping me from being fertile before.

:tt1::w00t::tt1: EJMDIVA is Preggerrrssss!!!!!! :cursing::w00t::w00t:

OMG . . . I have been looking forward to this news for a long time and sending lots of baby dust. Now we can share our pregnancy stories, lol. Congratulations!!!!!!!

I just reread the whole thread, which I really enjoyed. It went through both of our decisions to conceive, ups and downs, and finally . . . we got the end results we were both looking for.

Hi peeps,

Quick update. I decided November is my relaxation month. I am not taking ovulation tests, checking other fertility signs or keeping track of my cycle days. I am relaxing and having lots of "fun" with hubby. The past few months have been too stressful, I was putting too much pressure on this whole experience.

So, I had a few cocktails at our big Halloween party and have been truly chilled out! I'm happy with that!

As well, I think it's helping me because the scale finally budged! Only 1 lb from my 50 lb loss goal, WOOOO!!:drool:

Hope you are all doing well out there.

Hmmmm . . . so lack of stress with trying too hard to conceive and tracking/charting everything, and spontaneous flings with our dh's coupled with perhaps a few too many drinks may have just done the trick, lol. It seems like that has been the way a lot of us finally got our BFP's. :w00t:

My Dear Friends, old and new,

Thank you all so much for your support and words of wisdom, humor, encouragement, etc. I am THRILLED. Hubby doesn't know yet, I am getting a card tonight to surprise him, so you are technically the first to know!

I am so grateful to God and really hopeful for a safe, uneventful pregnancy. I took a 2nd test over my lunch hour, this time a digital, which confirmed I am pregnant! It's very early, so we will be keeping it from close friends and family for another few days until it sinks in, but I knew all of you out there would deserve to know, as you've been there with me at my highest and lowest points.

Prayers for myself and all the expecting/hoping to expect mamas out there!

My Dear Friends, old and new,

Thank you all so much for your support and words of wisdom, humor, encouragement, etc. I am THRILLED. Hubby doesn't know yet, I am getting a card tonight to surprise him, so you are technically the first to know!

I am so grateful to God and really hopeful for a safe, uneventful pregnancy. I took a 2nd test over my lunch hour, this time a digital, which confirmed I am pregnant! It's very early, so we will be keeping it from close friends and family for another few days until it sinks in, but I knew all of you out there would deserve to know, as you've been there with me at my highest and lowest points.

Prayers for myself and all the expecting/hoping to expect mamas out there!

I am curious, how did the card work out :0)

Hello! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I had a wonderful day, no band tightness for the first time in a week and munched all day on yummy food, but actually didn't go overboard, GO ME!

We told both sides of our immediate family yesterday, it was wonderful. Hubby's side was thrilled and excited, shrieking and etc. My parents and siblings were happy and surprised and we got to spend the evening discussing all things baby, and future, etc.

How are you all doing out there?

Congratulations, Ejmdiva! I've been lurking around this area of the forum for awhile and I'm so excited for you! I'm not pregnant or trying to conceive yet, but one of the major reasons I just had the lap band surgery is so I can get a lot healthier before we DO try to conceive in a year or so. Reading about all of you going through your pregnancies is helping me calm the baby fever for now! =)

Again, congrats!

Hi everyone and congratulations to the ladies who got their BFPs!!! It all makes me very hopeful for the future.

My husband and I (just got married on Nov. 1) just began TTC. I was banded almost a year ago and my weight loss has plateaued to a point where I think pregnancy won't be dangerous. I am thinner now than I was in college and about 10 pounds away from where I was in high school! I heart my band!!

Anyway, I too was diagnosed with PCOS- one of the main reasons I got the band was because my ovaries were driving me nuts and I feared that I'd never be fertile without SIGNIFICANT weight loss.

With 60+ pounds lost, I stopped the BC pills this month and I'm still a little fearful that the cysts will return. I am using the Clear Blue monitor to make sure I notice if I stop ovulating at any point. I'm hoping that I can conceive naturally, but if I get the feeling that things are getting funny with my ovaries- I will definitely seek my doctor. I have experienced the havoc that PCOS can wreak if left unchecked and I won't let things get that bad again.

My goal is to try on our own for 3 months, then go in for an ultrasound and maybe Metformin to make sure everything stays in line. I'd love to say I'm following the low GI/carb diet and exercising every day-- but I think about it every day! lol!

Good luck to everybody!

Emjdiva, what a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving....to be able to share the news of the baby with your family. I am so happy for you. I am getting banded on Wed. 12/3:blushing: (3 days and counting....and getting VERY NERVOUS!!!!), so I hope this time next year, I will be sharing the same news:cursing:. Congrats again!!

I am in the same boat as Michelle. I too have PCOS and am having surgery in February of 2009. I hope soon after that we can begin again ttc. We've been trying for 2 years as well.

Babyfever, you are in my thoughts as you approach surgery day tomorrow!! Congrats and be sure to post an update on the thread as soon as you're up to it.

Tink and Grits and everyone else, congrats on your success and thanks so much for the encouragement and support! I am feeling quite good today and just trying to make sure I get thru the next 7 weeks until my first trimester is over...as anyone preg will admit, it's a nervous, worrysome time and I'm just hoping for the best.

HUGS!

babyfever,

hope you have sweet dreams tonight get enough rest! You'll be fine tomorrow and your taking a great step in the right direction!!!