Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded & Hoping to get Preg - join in!

heather, as far as i know, ANY positive is a pregnancy, no matter how faint! if you had only taken 1 test, i would say that there was a 50/50 chance that your positive line may be an evaporation line (as tends to happen sometimes), but 2 postitives is probably a good sign! it's early, so be careful and test in a week, as FairyFacade said, but i'm hoping for ya!

I am still trying to wait a week before taking another test, but waiting is sooo hard. If tests were free, I am sure I would test myself 10 times a day and compare the lines, lol. My first barely positive test was Saturday night and second was Sunday morning, and it is barely Tuesday.

I guess I am just being impatient. I keep thinking, do I feel pregnant? I feel a little bloated, but that isn't really earth shattering. I really don't have any signs or symptoms yet.

My DH says he is not sure he will really believe it 100% until he sees physical changes. It is hard to wrap his mind around it (and this is his first). Then he was on the phone with his parents last night and he looked at me to ask if he should spill the Beans, I shook my head no . . . better to be sure and we will see them in person in mid-October. I think it will be more fun to share this kind of news in person, not in a phone call.

My DH has also been acting a little funny the last couple of days, it has been interesting. He has been super touchy-feely, which he always has been, but not to this level. He probably kisses me 5-10 times a day normally but it has doubled or tripled since Saturday. This part has been fun and makes me happy. He is normally affectionate and responsive naturally, but now that has all been turned up a few notches.

Did you find your husbands responding this way in early pregnancy?

No, my husband was disgusted with me suddenly. I went from his sexy wife, to a baby machine. It took some long talks for him to realize I am still a woman with needs, and we won't be hurting the baby!! Consider yourself lucky :thumbdown:

As for signs, I have read some women just 'know', and I even read some women 'just know' when they actually conceive. I dunno about all that, I had no symptoms. Well, my band got really tight, but that was when I was about a month along and didn't realize it yet.. so a month into it, band got tight..and I realized that same day I was late--which is no big indicator since I'm not a regular person. Other then that, no indication. I didn't believe it, even after the tests.. till I had the ultrasound and saw it. Since nothing told me I was preggo (body wise) I had a hard time thinking I really was.

Heather, I'd bet a large sum of money that you are, in fact, pregnant. I was pregnant a few years ago (unfortunately miscarried), and the first test I took was so faint I disregarded it completely. I took another one a few days later, and it was still faint. I went to the doctor anyway because we had been trying for like two years at that point. They did a blood test and sure enough I was preggers. My line was so faint I almost couldn't see it, but they told me ANY line at all means pregnancy. They said there are more often false negatives but almost NEVER a false positive. You have to have Hcg to have ANY pink, and you wouldn't have it otherwise. If you had some, but didn't have quite enough it might show a false negative. (If that makes sense.)

So to you I'm gonna say CONGRATS! Your life is now and forever changed.

Well . . . I just couldn't wait until the end of the week to take another test. I took one last night after drinking tons of Water all day, which doesn't follow the usual rules of first morning urine and not after bombarding yourself with Water.

I went from the faintest, just barely discernable, perhaps wishful thinking plus sign last Saturday, to a shadow of a pink positive line on Sunday morning, and finally to a "yep it is definitely there" medium shade of pink pregnancy line Tuesday evening. So I think the answer is a definite yes at this point. So wish me luck . . . I still have a looonnnnggg time to wait.

I just wanted to mention that I don't feel any symptoms at all other than feeling very slight bloating sensation around the belly. Without the pregnancy test I would never know that I am pregnant, except for lack of a period, lol. I did have some bad cramps around the beginning of last week that I thought signaled my period finally coming, but now I realize that must have been inplantation.

So here I am, excited, terrified, thrilled, nervous, and on and on and on all at the same time. One moment it is, oh I can't wait to see my new babies face to omg, what was I thinking perhaps I should have waited another year or two.

I guess maybe I do have one more pregnancy symptom, emotional upheaval, lol.

Edited by HeatherO

heather, first of all, CONGRATS! you give me hope, we've only been trying 3 months, but i want this so badly! this is exactly the expectation/hope i had when i started this thread, thank you so much for your updates (same to everyone else who's posted here!) as well, i know that the digital pregnancy tests are much more sensitive and will give you a def yes or no. it may be a little late for that now since your line is darker, but it is great for eliminating squinting in the bathroom!

i should be ovulating within the next 8 days or so, will keep you posted. as well, i'm only 3 lbs from my 50 lb loss goal! hopefully i can make that by november.

hugs everyone!

Heather! I'm so excited for you! I know exactly what you're going through with them emotions so i feel for you! Congrats! Keep us updated!

Congrats Heather, hah. I was so scared, I was shaking when it turned to 2 lines. I want kids, but then I instantly thought, "I don't want it yet, take it back!!". It is very scary, and it gets better as you settle into it. Right now I'm in a phase where I still don't really believe it.

Hey all .... first off I'm so happy that I have found this section of the forum! Everyone's input and experience is so helpful and its great to know that I'm not alone!

I was banded August 22 - just a month and a half ago in Tijuana. I'm down 25 pounds which would have taken me years to lose and I still have a long ways to go (99 pounds --- wooohoo!! hahahaha) but I'm keeping a positive attitude.

Last October I found out I was pregnant and at my doctors appointment in December the doctor was trying to find a heartbeat. Unfortunately, one wasn't found and I ended up having a miscarriage a week before Christmas. We decided to wait a few months and we tried again in March and got pregnant right away --- only in May, I had another miscarriage. My doctor isn't too concerned about it, but me .... very concerned.... I'm not sure if i could ever go thru that again. I decided that I had to do what was in the best interest of me ... and got banded .....

We're thinking of trying in the new year, although I'm having lots of feelings of wanting to try NOW.... but know its best to wait. I honestly cannot go thru another miscarriage -- I honestly can't, it was just too hard. But come February / March we will stop being so "careful" .... hope that one day I can join you all in the journey of seeing that positive sign on the pee stick again!!!

Hope you're having a good night!

Alana :tt1:

Hello Canehdiangirl! Hello everyone else! Welcome to bandster land Caneh, that is great news! Down 25 lbs in a month is certainly good progress! I'm 7 months out and STILL trying to reach my 50 lb loss goal! After a week or two, you're probably feeling more like yourself. I would DEFINITELY wait to get pregnant until a minimum 6 months at the soonest. There was so much about my band that I learned in the first few months, I definitely did not get it all figured out until recently. Being only 7 months out myself, there are still times I mess it up or make a bad choice of food. By the 4th and 5th month after surgery, you will be having a lot more freedom to eat and less port pain, bloat, etc. Due to fertility issues that are worsening, my surgeon gave us the "go ahead" in late july to start trying, when I was about 4 or 5 months post-op. As well, for every 10 lbs that you're overweight, your fertility decreases by up to 15%!! So the longer you wait, the more likely you are to get a "sticky" pregnancy that lasts!

I'm very sorry for your losses, we have not yet even had a positive test, so here's hoping for you and me and everyone else on this thread! If you're going crazy, here's some fun websites for Trying To Conceive, Expectant Moms, etc.

www.peeonastick.com

www.babyhopes.org

www.twoweekwait.com

Just had to add a few funny stories about the week I'm having...hope you find these as funny (and mildly frustrating as I do).

FUNNY #1: I've been using my ovulation test sticks and expecting a positive ovulation pretty much the last 2 days, as I usually "O" around the 6th...well nothing. Then was taking a test last night, it didn't develop, so I left it on the bathroom counter to wait the 8 minutes (I usually only wait 1 or 2 as the result pops up right away). Anyhoo, forgot about it and went back like 15 min later and it's positive...WTH? The box says not to read results after 8 minutes, so now what??!? Positive or negative? I'm planning 2 tests today just to make sure!

FUNNY #2: Ran into an old high school friend yesterday...she was very much like Samantha on Sex and the City. Career minded, modern, not interested in men for anything but sex. She's pregnant!!! Some one-night stand in Chicago last month...friggin' great. To her credit she seems excited, but sheesh!

FUNNY #3 : Several of my girlfriends and I share the same gynecologist. I have converted them all to her practice, as I bragged for ages about how great, wonderful, supportive, funny she was. Going to yearly appointments was like seeing a doctor, shrink and your best girlfriend for lunch all wrapped up in one. I love this woman. Well last night, my girlfriend ran into our doc at a restaurant and she's like 5 months pregnant....YES, I know I should be happy for her, but all I can think is, "Darnit, my perfect doctor will be on maternity leave and won't be around to treat my pregnancy if it happens soon!"

The fact that my doc is pregnant is made funnier by the fact that my PERFECT Band Surgeon Dr Melniczek left Colorado a few months ago to return to his home state of Pennsylvania, so now I'm losing both great docs....sniffle.

Hello everyone. I am new to this blog and very excitied to finally get some answers...Hopefully I will be banded with in the next 30 days, still waiting on insurance approval:confused3:. I have been diagnosed with PCOS for about 6 years now and have been trying to get pregnant for 5 years, without any luckfrown.gif. I have been through Clomid-3 months worth, and Metformin-currently 1500mg per day, and nothing seems to work. I am hoping that the weight loss from the LAP BAND will help me to reach my dream of becoming a mommy. Congrats to all of you that have the little miracle growing inside you and **Baby Dust** to all that are still ttc!!

I just saw my OB-GYN yesterday. I went in because I have not been cycling and was worried. He told me that I was anovulatory due to my weight. I told him that I was wanting to get banded and he was super supportive of it. He told me that I should wait until I am banded and get to my goal weight before trying to get pregnant. He felt that it would be safer for me and baby.

He could give me drugs to make me ovulate but that does not set well with me. I was wanting to go ahead with the plans to start a family because of my age but I think that waiting will be better. Now I am just nervous that I will not be able to get banded or that the process will take years and my window for starting family will start to close.