Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded & Hoping to get Preg - join in!

Awww, it only gets better from there.. I remember being so anxious about not feeling him till 23 weeks..then it slowly got better and better. Now I can feel him whenever I want.. all I gotta do is poke or make a loud noise.

Reading all of these happy posts has me jealous...I saw my gynecologist yesterday and she saw no reason for me not to start TTC...so I'm officially in babymaking mode. Can't wait!

Hi there,

Just curious...what did you or your doc notice that made you suspect that you had a leak in your band? I am wondering if that might be my problem as well.

Reading all of these happy posts has me jealous...I saw my gynecologist yesterday and she saw no reason for me not to start TTC...so I'm officially in babymaking mode. Can't wait!

We're pregnant!! WOOO HOOO After 5 years of fertility problems and one miscarriage, we found out a week ago that we're pregnant! I've had labs done to confirm but will meet with my OB Friday for all of the details. With strange cycles, I'm not sure how far along I am. From the online calculators... anywhere from 5-7 weeks. Still a little early but I'm too excited to keep it quiet. God is so good! Sounds like everyone is doing great! I'm going to really enjoy reading back through this thread! :-)

Wendy....CONGRATS!!!! HOW EXCITING!!!!!!! I am so happy for you. I can only imagine how excited you are.

Keep us updated!!!!

Grace, congrats!!! WOO HOO and welcome to the sisterhood of banded preggos! God is truly good.

Hi other peeps! I have my 6 month appt and checkup tomorrow, baby is moving like crazy right now...fun fun! I'm about 23 wks along, it's flying!

ejmdiva, how'd your ob appointment go? Did they do the rescan to get the extra information.

I have my 30 week appointment tomorrow. Now I have to go every 2 weeks for the next few visits and then it is weekly. Hard to believe I am getting to the final home stretch. Now all I have to do is wait . . . and wait . . . and wait a little more, lol. :0)

We're pregnant!! WOOO HOOO After 5 years of fertility problems and one miscarriage, we found out a week ago that we're pregnant! I've had labs done to confirm but will meet with my OB Friday for all of the details. With strange cycles, I'm not sure how far along I am. From the online calculators... anywhere from 5-7 weeks. Still a little early but I'm too excited to keep it quiet. God is so good! Sounds like everyone is doing great! I'm going to really enjoy reading back through this thread! :-)

Congratulations!!!! I am so happy you will be joining our happy little group.

hi guys! had to reschedule yesterday's 24 wk checkup to thursday morning instead. colorado has been in a little blizzard cycle, had AWFUL storm on last Thursday, got to leave work early and go in late Friday due to such dangerous travel, then another one hit us yesterday morning, so there was no way I was gonna make the 9 mile commute in rush hour to my OBGYN. I adore the office, which is why I go, but sometimes its just a bit far.

So we are supposed to get MORE SNOW tomorrow nite, how funny would it be to wake up and miss the rescheduled appt on Thursday? This appt won't be the follow up ultrasound, we have to wait til April 10th for that...oh well.

The girlfriends and I are getting pedicures tomorrow...I think all you girlies should do the same. :thumbdown:

Ejm, how funny..I just got home from getting a pedicure and I read your post. A day late, but oh so worth it!! There's nothing better than a pedi and a message:tt1:. We have a wonderful day spa close to the hospital I work at, and its my bestfriend...

Ok mamma's, do we have any appointment updates???

Thanks everyone for the welcome! I go tomorrow for the first ultrasound and probably want sleep a wink tonight. I didn't get much sleep last night so hopefully that won't be a problem tonight. We got at 10am. We plan to go to visit family in MS afterwards so it'll be Sunday or later before I can post how it went. Parents just aren't up to date on internet haha.

Hope all is well with all of you and that you have a great weekend!

I know ya'll are doin early appointments, but my appt. this week the gyno said I'm progressing well and if I want to, she will induce me 2 weeks from today. Woo.

Still debating it, reading stories about it-- my mom was induced for my older brother and has this horror story, but what I read online, it's changed quite a bit. Still up in the air though. Would be awesome if he decides to come on his own before then!!

Had a good appt today, I'm measuring at 25 inches which is a bit ahead of the 23 weeks I am, but since the baby was measuring a few days small at our ultrasound last month, I'm not worried either way. I will be 6 months preggo on monday, its so cool! Feeling more and more baby movement every day, and today at the appoinment the nurse picked up not only his heartbeat, but mine too, it was neat to hear them beating together...wonder if it will ever happen again. Very emotional moment! Just really looking forward to a week from Friday, that will be our follow up ultrasound so that we can make sure everything is good.

Fairy, how far along are you?

I had my checkup as well . . . they come every two weeks now. They were all exciting in the early days of pregnancy but now that I have to go more and more often and there are no ultrasounds, they are a little boring and uneventful. I guess that is good news because it must mean that everything is perfect since there is a lack of anything significant to talk about. :0)

For the first time, my ob had to work a little harder to get a heartbeat. It was always immediate in the past. This time, she located it right away and the baby abruptly moved. She located it on the other side and the baby moved again (I could actualy hear the thumps of movement as she moved away from the probe). The third time was the charm, lol. I guess the baby just can't run far enough away to avoid it altogether :0) I love it that she responds to outside stimulation.

I was measuring one centimeter under average based on fundal height which the ob says is no big deal and they are averages anyway. I already knew that the baby was small from the last ultrasound (21st percentile) but she is perfectly healthy. The OB says it really doesn't matter as long as I continue to grow uniformly.

Movements have become so much more interesting. I can actually see the shape of my belly change. I might have a big lump bulging on one side, then the other, lots of quivers and thumps. I can easily feel something bigger and round in different places but I dont know if it is her head or rear poking up, lol. I am definitely feeling full body shifts but I know this part will be over quickly as she gets bigger.

Late pregnancy is supposed to get progressively more unpleasant . . . but I am feeling really good. The only thing I noticed is that I need to rest a bit more. I also am tired after I eat, so dinner dishes are not getting done right after dinner which I have been doing forever.

In all honesty, they are occasionally drifting to the next day or my husband does them.

I have enough energy to cook, get the table ready, eat . . . and then I am ready to sittt and there is almost nothing that can make me get active again. However, I think working a full time plus job while going to graduate school nearing my eighth month of pregnancy might have something to do with it.

Heh! Yeah my weekly appt's are pretty boring (and painful) as she digs to China.

I am 37 weeks, I will be 39 weeks when she said I can go for the induction.

I have been measuring big for a while, I was measuring several CM bigger than the week I was in, so they did the ultrasound 2 weeks ago to check.. he was 6lb6oz..

This week, doc said she thinks he's 7lb now.. and when she measured him at 36w he was 41CM. I just take into consideration I am 6'0, my brother is almost 7'0 and my dad is 6'5... we just tall folks. I thought it would balance out since DH is 5'11 and his mom is even 5'0, but I guess my genes are stronger. I like the idea of inducing a little early just because I know he's a big baby!!

He runs from the heart monitor everytime now. I do it at home and keep the volume down so he doesn't run, but at the doc's office they have it loud and next to my belly so as soon as they find it, he moves.. we have to chase him around quite a bit. It actually use to be easier to find his heartbeat, since now he's reacting to it. It's between 140-160 everytime.

Aside from the allergies (which are being well controlled now thanks to kicking cats out of the bedroom, using mattress & pillow protectors, and nose steroids), and the 2 months (1 early one, 1 last month) I spent feeling like my hips were broken.. I've had a pretty non-eventful pregnancy. I am greatful that the hip pain didn't stay with me until birth, I wasn't sure how I'd be on a table with my legs up trying to push a baby out when my hips had no support.

On the home stretch, my only complaint is a common one--discomfort sleeping, and getting up throughout the night to pee. I make the mistake of trying to roll over quickly and it pulls the round ligament, so I get that muscle pain. It's a big routine trying to roll around in bed and get comfortable and line the pillows up just right--just to accidentally drop the remote on the floor! Repeat.

I bought a Boppy belly wedge a month or so ago, I really love it. I use it to prop my belly occasionally (the times when it is pulling from laying down), but my favorite use for it, is to prop it under my back when laying down. or under my butt if I'm sitting in bed.. it lines me up, since I'm all out of whack (so I don't know if anyone else would feel this?).