Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Get This Party Started!

hey what is LSD? cus Maybe I hung out with the wrong crowd in HS...

My doctor's office sells myoplex lite and i being a big anti-diet/fake sugar person, actually enjoy it...tried boost's high Protein but the protein lvl is lower than myoplex's and is way more sweet, and the diabetic version of boost was chalky, where the ,myoplex chocolate fudge is awesome...I even do the podwers but i alway mix in blender with ice and non fat milk, biotech seems ok, so far and i tried a berry flavored one, was not so good...:thumbup:

I guess this is where I'm supposed to introduce myself as an "August All Star"! I'm so excited to finally get my band (on 8/8/8!). I lost about 15 lbs on the pre-op diet, and have kind of held still there since. I'm okay with that - I'm healing, and I'm not eating much, but I know it'll come off. I've seen it work with good friends and, while it took a year to look amazing and two years to the point where she's saying "I have to stop losing weight!", she's done it. Heck, I've been obese for 15 years... I can take a little time with this tool to learn.

This forum has been helpful in answering my many questions and concerns and getting to understand that what I'm going through is sooooo normal. Even some of the "anyone afraid of" or "should this be happening" posts are EXACTLY what I'm thinking.

Thanks for the companionship on this journey.

Welcome Guinness! I devour the posts on this board almost constantly. Its been great to watch all of you go before me. I've learned so much and (still) look forward to being banded on the 28th!

Hello... Sorry Lanakila im still around just been busy as im back at work again. My weight has still stayed the same as last week. Im feeling 100% better, apart from some pain in my left shoulder which seems to come and go.

I saw my surgeon last night and he has put me on normal foods and i can eat alot, let me tell you. I go for my first fill in 4 weeks time.

Hope everyone else is doing well and goodluck to those with there upcoming surgery:smile:

Hi all, so I have officially had my band for seven days today!!! I started my prediet on 7-31 and surgery on 8-14 and as of today have lost 20 lbs total, I am so excited. When I got on the scale, it seemed impossible, hard to believe. I even stepped back on a couple of times just to make sure the scale was accurate. Today is the first day that I have had anything except broth/creamy Soup and I had the soup at Chick fil a and just chewed the noodles really, really good.

Tomorrow, back to the doctor for a check up and class where we are going to learn what to eat for the next three weeks as we get hungarier before reintroducing real food. Still five weeks out from a fill but doing good.

Doctor wants me to lose a total of 170 lbs so 20 lbs is at least on my way!

Regards,

Amy :biggrin2:

Hey everyone, well I'm 3 days post op now. It certainly was more uncomfortable than I imagined. I realised that all the pain was down to trapped gas (wind to all us UK folks) and then started chewing some remegel, it shifted it straight away. I expected to feel it all in my shoulders as is well documented here but mine was all under my ribcage and in my stomach. Today though I feel loads better. I've had to jump on the scales just out of curiosity and despite losing 10 lbs prior to surgery I have regained 4 of them. Now this hasn't worried me as I knew to expect it.....I look 7 months pregnant and that's not including my usual obesity stomach distention! This gain must be from the IV fluids and the swelling because I've been struggling to even get my Water down never mind anything else. I'm injecting my heparin into my stomach each morning and look fab in my navy blue compression stockings:laugh:

I'm already lactose intolerant so having to find other interesting things to drink for the 3 week liquid diet but I think I may venture out today with DH and my 10 yr old daughter to look for a new sofa.

:laugh:Hope all you newly banded folks are doing well and are looking forward to slimness as much as I am xxxxxx

Hi all,

havent been on lately, computer down at home and in work but im back now.

ive been having a bad wk this wk, i started my mushy foods this wk but ive not got much restriction so i feel i can eat too much which has meant that ive put on weight - im disgusted. I have my first fill booked for 10th sept, i have to be 6 wks after op for the fill. So im not in the bast of mood with the band - all that money.:thumbup:

Cutie...good for you! I like the Isopure drinks...25 mg.of protein...also they have a Isopure Protein powder....2 scoops is 50 mg.of protein. Wow.

I am in Monterey California..just got banded on Tuesday 8/19...feeling good today, had bad gas in shoulders first night and some tenderness today at port site. Otherwise..on top of the world!

Weighed in at 260 on Tuesday and weighed myself this morning and I have already lost 7 lbs.! Wow. I guess I am on my way!

Kathleen

age 55

ht. 5'7

93 lbs. to go...can you teach me how to do the August All Stars and the tracker thingie?

thanks

Katweedy

Just double click on any of the tickers and it will take you to the site to build your own. Same with the signatures. Or there is a sticky at the top of the August folder that has some of the signatures that you can paste into your personal sig.

Edel~ Remember this time is really for healing. You will start losing. When we go from drinking to eating again the weight loss will slow or stop for a short time as our bodies are trying to figure what is going on!

Just stick to the nutrition plan you were given, try hard to fight the head and mouth hunger, and you will start dropping again. I think it is going to be hard as we start eating again, until we have our fills and really start to feel that restriction and sense of fullness.

I know you can do it! It will get better!

Welcome, it is a bit harder than I thought, the pain and gas. But by week 3 (I am in that) you should feel a lot better. I finally do, no pain and the port area is not very sore now, it was for a while, every time I moved it hurt. All the other incisions were fine from day 1. No pain at all and the scabs are falling off in the shower.

I gained back all the pre-op weight after surgery and then lost them finally. I figure also it's healing time and the real weight loss is after my first fill in September.

Good luck, it's an interesting journey. But good that we are all doing it together and with support comes success. I love this board.

Pati

Hi all, so I have officially had my band for seven days today!!! I started my prediet on 7-31 and surgery on 8-14 and as of today have lost 20 lbs total, I am so excited. When I got on the scale, it seemed impossible, hard to believe. I even stepped back on a couple of times just to make sure the scale was accurate. Today is the first day that I have had anything except broth/creamy Soup and I had the soup at Chick fil a and just chewed the noodles really, really good.

Tomorrow, back to the doctor for a check up and class where we are going to learn what to eat for the next three weeks as we get hungarier before reintroducing real food. Still five weeks out from a fill but doing good.

Doctor wants me to lose a total of 170 lbs so 20 lbs is at least on my way!

Regards,

Amy :biggrin2:

That is funny I felt the same way when I stepped on the scale for the first time. I am not sure what they do here but in Mexico they never weighed me....I am just going off the doctors visits here. 20 is a Great start for you!!!! and me. We are on our way WOOOOOOOOO:thumbup:

Hey everyone, well I'm 3 days post op now. It certainly was more uncomfortable than I imagined. I realised that all the pain was down to trapped gas (wind to all us UK folks) and then started chewing some remegel, it shifted it straight away. I expected to feel it all in my shoulders as is well documented here but mine was all under my ribcage and in my stomach. Today though I feel loads better. I've had to jump on the scales just out of curiosity and despite losing 10 lbs prior to surgery I have regained 4 of them. Now this hasn't worried me as I knew to expect it.....I look 7 months pregnant and that's not including my usual obesity stomach distention! This gain must be from the IV fluids and the swelling because I've been struggling to even get my Water down never mind anything else. I'm injecting my heparin into my stomach each morning and look fab in my navy blue compression stockings:laugh:

I'm already lactose intolerant so having to find other interesting things to drink for the 3 week liquid diet but I think I may venture out today with DH and my 10 yr old daughter to look for a new sofa.

:laugh:Hope all you newly banded folks are doing well and are looking forward to slimness as much as I am xxxxxx

I so feel your pain.....at least the big belly thing. I feel about 6 months pregnant, if not more. It's so annoying because I've lost 26 lbs so far and I still feel fat. I just want it to go away. Plus the pain in my shoulder is horrible at times. When I toot, I want to throw a party.

After three weeks, I finally feel like all of the swelling has gone down. Now all my pants are falling off! I can't keep them up and I hate wearing belts.