Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Get This Party Started!

Hello fellow August banders! :) I've looked around the website and finally got to this section and thought I'd introduce myself.

My name's Melissa, and I just turned 25 in July. My husband is in the Army and we're stationed here at Fort Hood - and thankfully we'll be getting out in the next few months and heading back to east Tx where we're both from. I'm getting banded in Temple at Scott & White by Dr. Richard Symmonds (I know, I know - the irony is just too much for a fat kid to take! *lol*) on August 27th.

I've been nervouse - I'm a worrier by nature, thank God for Prozac! - from the start, and have actually put off reading all the materials until this week to not psych myself out. I have my pre-op appt this week, and a list of questions to go along with it! *lol* My mother had the gastric bypass done about 5-6 years ago (twice, first one was botched), and we still see how many problems she's had out of it, so thats why I choose the band instead. I've been a fat kid all my life, and have no issues stating, obviously. But I want to be around for any potential kids we may have in the future (for now the dog and 2 cats work great), and be able to play with them.

Sorry for the chapter. Good luck to everyone who's getting banded, and congrats to those already done! :)

Thank you for all your input. My husband and I talked and are thinking we will just wait and do it another time. Honestly I was just really worried about him. This is our week of vacation from work before my-stepdaughter goes back to school and we were going to do all these things and I didn't want my surgery to impact that too much. But he seems fine with waiting and just going to the park or something.

But thank you again for all your help and I will post when I get back from surgery tomorrow...I can't believe its tomorrow!!!:)

I am so glad that you were able to change your plans! You will be glad. Good Luck tomorrow!

Hey Hottie! I see you've already got alot of great advice. There's no way I would be able to do that 2 days after! I'm 4 days post-op and today's the first day that I have gone and gone without laying down to take a nap.

I think you guys have made a wise decision! Unless you went on Saturday or Sunday and got a wheel chair????

Good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you!

Thanks everyone for the B-Day wishes!

Edited by cutiew/booty

Hey Hottie! I see you've already got alot of great advice. There's no way I would be able to do that 2 days after! I'm 4 days post-op and today's the first day that I have gone and gone without laying down to take a nap.

I think you guys have made a wise decision! Unless you went on Saturday or Sunday and got a wheel chair????

Oh Cutie i want to say happy birthday quick before its over!! hope you had a great day. Glad to hear your perking up! me too :thumbup:

Hello,

I am so glad to be a part of this group and inspired by the postings so far. My surgery is scheduled for this Thursday at 9:30 a.m. I am both excited and nervous!!!:thumbup:

Thanks for the input!! I hope you had a great birthday!! I will have to say that THERE IS NO WAY I WOULD GET IN A WHEEL CHAIR:tongue2: I am way to vain for that, I may be fat, but I am too young for that!! lol

Thanks again to all of you!!

LOL! I thought you might feel that way!(:

MOMX-Thanks I am feeling so much better! I'm so glad you are too!

Best Wishes Everyone Tomorrow! You all will do great!(:

Cutie, a lovely belated happy birthday to you. I haven't been on in a couple of days and getting behind trying to get prepared for surgery and finish a school paper. I'm glad I saw it was your birthday and I wanted to pipe in really quick and offer my best wishes to you! Bonnie

Hello,

I am so glad to be a part of this group and inspired by the postings so far. My surgery is scheduled for this Thursday at 9:30 a.m. I am both excited and nervous!!!:thumbup:

A Huge Welcome to the board. There are lots of folks being done this week so excitement is in the air! Congrats on your "reservation for your trip to bandland." :lol:

Im so glad to have last week behind me!

I have significantly less discomfort from gass etc. but im concerned about how weak i feel. im thinking i need to get more protiene in me. i need to get the GNC to get some protiene bullets because these shakes are making me gag....for real!

Any way good luck to all the rest of you August Allstars!!!! Hope you have a great day. Thinking of those getting banded this week!

Happy Monday!!!!

Happy One Week Bandaversary!

Can you believe our group is now starting to have bandaversaries???? Just think in what 2 - 2 1/2 weeks we all will be banded!

Question: Does anyone know how long it takes before it doesn't hurt to sleep on your stomach? I guess that a good question for the mean forum huh?