Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Get This Party Started!

Tomorrow is my Birthday (as well as my baby boy's he'll be 4) so I will for sure being doing the hair and make-up thing...I'm sure it's going to make me feel a whole lot better! OMG I can't believe I'm going to be 36 that is soooo crazy!

Please post a picture of the two of you on this happy-happy birthday!

Hello everyone!! I have not posted in a while, but need some information from you that are newly banded. Cutie I am especially hoping that you will answer this post, since I think you are a really active Mom. Anyone else please chime in and help me out....

Ok so here is my issue....I am having surgery tomorrow and although I am a little nervous about the surgery itself, I am more nervous about the recovery. I think that I have set up unreal expectations for myself. We have tickets to go to Universal Studio this week so it may be on Wednesday just 2 days after surgery. I told my husband that I would just not go on anything that I was worried about, but now I am worried that I won't even want to go....

What do you guys think? Would you be up for that...its lots of walking and then there is a tram ride.

Hi soontobehottie,

I dont know if you will be able to hang at a place like that all day long-even with skipping some of the more adventurous rides. I have three boys 7, 5, and 2 and a half so I am up and at em all the time. This is my fourth day post-op and I still have gas and incision pain around the port. It is hard to move in certain directions without it causing pain, especially getting up from a laying down position. I dont think your doctor would recommend that kind of activity, either. You might want to talk to your doc. I have been told by my doc not to lift anything over 20 lbs., especially my two year old son! Dad has had to take over with his care. I know the walking will be good, but not all day long. I am supposed to walk three times a day for ten minutes and build up. Also, all the jiggling around and bumping. I know it hurts when I get bumped in the belly by one of the kids. But, I also know everyone is different in their recovery. This is just my experience. Take it easy.

Krislyn

Hello all,

Well tomorrow is the big day for me. I go in at 9:30a and my surgery is scheduled at 11:30a. I'm actually not as nervous as I was before, i guess I'm more excited now. Wish me luck, i'll follow up with you guys afterwards.

Hello everyone!! I have not posted in a while, but need some information from you that are newly banded. Cutie I am especially hoping that you will answer this post, since I think you are a really active Mom. Anyone else please chime in and help me out....

Ok so here is my issue....I am having surgery tomorrow and although I am a little nervous about the surgery itself, I am more nervous about the recovery. I think that I have set up unreal expectations for myself. We have tickets to go to Universal Studio this week so it may be on Wednesday just 2 days after surgery. I told my husband that I would just not go on anything that I was worried about, but now I am worried that I won't even want to go....

What do you guys think? Would you be up for that...its lots of walking and then there is a tram ride.

Well, i was banded last monday and was advised by friends who had lapband to not plan anything. i tell you what im still taking it easy on day 6. There is NO WAY i would have been able to anything like your planning. idk, you may be different but I was in so much pain up to day 3, then tons of gas, and just weakness do to diet change. im only now starting to feel normal, a bit.

Hello all,

Well tomorrow is the big day for me. I go in at 9:30a and my surgery is scheduled at 11:30a. I'm actually not as nervous as I was before, i guess I'm more excited now. Wish me luck, i'll follow up with you guys afterwards.

good luck sweatpea! you will be fine. check in with us when you get home! this is the beginning of the rest of your life!

when you tell people that you are going to be or have been banded and they say that banding is a cop out and you should just diet like everyone else!

I only had one young college girl at work say this to me and my response was "honey dont talk to me unless you have walked in my shoes. i have given birth five times gaining weight each time, i work my but off for my family and never have been able to take the time to put into myself. this is my turn and my time. When you have to lose over 100 pounds a traditional diet will take way too long and by then ill be an old lady with health issues."

BUT, i dont want to go into THAT song and dance all the time and i was shocked she was so brazenly in my face. Nervy little thing!

ive only told my immediate family for just that reason. i cant stand the thought of others opinions or judegemental comments. and i certainly dont want them watching my every move kwim?

just ranting :):sad::)

im on day 6 and no matter what i drink from shakes to Water to broth, i always get pain. im guessing its the pain they talk about to let you know your full or eating too fast or whatever, but sheesh, if im like this now ill never get food down.

anyone else have this pain? Its almost like i have to sit straight and stretch to ease the discomfort. Actually, it really feels like a stuck burp.

Cutie~

Happy Birthday! How fun to share the day with your son!

I think that I have set up unreal expectations for myself. We have tickets to go to Universal Studio this week so it may be on Wednesday just 2 days after surgery.

I have felt great post-op, I feel lucky, however, I don't think I could do Universal:ohmy: You would be pushing it. I have been up and moving, doing chores, feeding animals, walking, etc. But I think it would be pushing it to be on my feet all day. After grocery shopping and running errands, I was pretty tired on Friday (3 days out).

You will still have some stomach pain, I would imagine. If I turn quickly or bump my port incision, it does hurt. Hope this helps, let us know what you do - good luck with surgery!

Hey soontobehottie, everyone is different, but you may be pushing it to spend the day at Universal so soon after surgery. I actually felt great when I got home from surgery on Thursday, and went out and walked the dog twice.

And I paid for it Friday and Saturday - writing checks my body can't cash, as my husband puts it - by being really tired, achy, and generally not so eager to even leave the house, forget about spending a day at an amusement park. Hey, you'll have the entire rest of your life for that, take these few days right after surgery to relax and learn to live with this new tool you've been given.

Listen to me, all Zen like. :)

One more thing - two days after surgery was when I had diarrhea all day. Maybe it's just me, but I'd really just like my own private bathroom for those sorts of activities! :)

Momx5~

I love your response to the girl in your office, that should put her in her place! :) I have not told many people for the same reason. There are those that will support you and those that will judge you. It's your journey, don't let the nay sayers get you down! Thin is your revenge!:)

Make sure you are taking small sips. I found I pushed too much liquid this morning and I felt the same way. Over the top and a big lump in my chest. I had to slow down and start over a bit later. I felt like I needed to stretch out to make the Protein shake go down.

I am always reading posts and trying to learn as I go, but I think we will each have to experience our band and figure out what works and doesn't. At least we are at baby steps with liquids!