Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in August???

MiMi 22, I would love to go to an IRD. Never been myself. I need some hints on how to start losing more, too. I was banded Aug. 27th and I have lost 16 pounds since ,but that was because of the liquid diet, I think. But now I either stay the same or lose 1/2 pound or something like that. I have had 1 fill but I don't usually feel restricted. I know I must eat too much!!!

Anybody got some menus they would like to share????

Hi everybody---I haven't been able to get to the computer for awhile. Hope everyone is doing well and continuing to lose weight. I had my first gain at TOPS last week(2lbs). I was so upset. I had been camping a few days beforehand and guess I endulged in too many goodies. Last Monday, I had an appointment at the Dr. and I think he overfilled me, as I have not been able to eat much at all. In a way it's good, but I am a little uncomfortabe after I eat. Tonight, I actually got sick and have been upchucking. I may have to go back to have a little of the saline taken out. Good Luck to all and keep in touch.

Danna---Where are you? Would love to hear how everything is going for you. My weight loss has really slowed down. Thanksgiving was hard on me--I just love dressing! I put myself on liqueds today. Hopefully, this will get me back on track.

I have been pretty much staying on the 50's thread. Seems like everyone has stopped posting on this site.

If you see this, please get in touch---mimi

Hey gang,

Kinda been out of pocket for awhile hopefully everyone is doing well and getting ready for christmas., I have lost 31 pounds since August 11, 2008 hooray.!!!! Well I wish yall all the very best of luck in the new year.:cursing:

I'm wishing all of us August Banders have a good Christmas season, continue to drop weight and become healthy.

I was in Nashville TN the week before Thanksgiving for a convention and managed to maintain my weight that week and Thanksgiving week. I feel like I finally have a grip on the weight monster.

Hope everyone is doing great.

John

Banded: August 11,2008

PreOP: 323

12/03/08: 251

Happy New Year Everyone,

Wow what about those holidays, was the weight loss tough or what. Hope everyone had success.

Doing great here. Down 80 pounds and no fill yet! Did 2 miles on the treadmill yesterday less than 25 mins. Weight training is progressing well too.

I wish everyone the best in this new year of our lives.

John

Banded 8/11/08

PreOP Weight 323 BMI 42.6

1/7/09 243 BMI 32.1

I have wondered where everyone has been and how they have been doing. I had a bad time over Christmas since I couldn't go home and gained 5 pounds, but I have lost it since then. I hope everyone is doing well with the lap band trip.

It has been very difficult==I have only lost 35 pounds and cn't seem to lose any more--but today I have a stomach virus---may be today!

I haven't been on this thread in a while. It has been quite a journey since August. I am happy I had my band done. So far I have lost 55 pounds. It is strange because I stay the same for a while then suddenly a little comes off. But the fact that the most I only ever backtrack is a couple pounds is the best and that is not too often thank goodness. We all just have to plug away and it will happen.

Edited by Kaytaree
mistake on ticker

I too haven't been on this website for a long time, doing well, the weight loss is slow but I guess that is alright with me as long as it keeps coming off. Hope everyone else is doing well, and good luck, till next time

Veronica

I've also been struggling; I was banded on 8/12/08 and have only lost about 25 pounds so far. I just had my second fill about 10 days ago though... so hopefully things will start to speed up now. Let's keep encouraging one another!

DAnna---by chance is that you in the American Statesman?

If so, You have done FABULOUS with your weight loss. I am so proud for you. Tell us all about your journey during your weight loss. We haven't heard from you in a long time. What was the name of your excercise program? I need some encouragement. I have lost about 40 pounds and I am just stuck there.

MiMi22:mad2:

I had my band done 8/21/08, had my second fill last month I have only lost 19 lbs and was getting upset but the dr said I was losing slow and that was a good thing, I see him tomorrow so hopefully I have lost more I don't even check my scales anymore. good luck

I've also been struggling; I was banded on 8/12/08 and have only lost about 25 pounds so far. I just had my second fill about 10 days ago though... so hopefully things will start to speed up now. Let's keep encouraging one another!