Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in August???

MIMI22,

I get my fill on Oct 2nd. I am sooooo excited. I will let you know when I get home.

Good luck to you as well.

DAnna--I'm sorry, I misunderstood and thought your trip to SA was to get your fill. My kids always tell me that I'm getting daffy--guess they are right. I know you must be excited. Went to a group lapband session last night. Was good to hear about others experiences. Nice group of people. I will see my DR on Oct. 7th.

Take Care and hope to hear from you soon----

Had my fill today. Piece of cake. Not hungry, but no problems with liquids at all.

I will be on a

3 day clear diet

3 day full liquid

3 day puree diet

3 day soft (mushy)

Wow, that feels like the 2 weeks after the surgery. I didn't think I would have to go thru that again. But it will all be worth it.

Gee I was only on liquids for one day and mushies for 1 day then back to my regular diet. Eash doctor is different. I surprisingly feel less restriction with the fill. Guess I need another one. Have to wait 6 weeks for one darn it.

I had a fill a week and half ago. I was on one day of liquids and one day of mushies. Then it was back to regular food. I feel a little bit of restriction, but not a lot. I go back on Wednesday. I will go every two weeks for the first three months. So that is nice! :tongue:

DAnna----

So good to hear back from you. Glad your fill was a good experience. Maybe I will be as lucky as you. I have a fear of needles. Did they numb the area at the port so it wouldn't hurt so much? My Dr. said that it was rather pointless to numb the area since it took a needle to do that. He did say they had a cream they could put on the skin to make it numb. I guess I will find out on the 7th. Will be my luck he will decide that I don't need a fill yet. I really think I do need one. I have been getting pretty hungry at times. We went to Cracker Barrel last night in Buda. Have you ever been there? I just love that place. I was pretty proud that I took at least 1/2 of my dinner home. I still ate more than I should have.

I sure didn't know that you would have to go back to the beginning when you get a fill. Oh well, I'm ready to do just about whatever it takes to lose this weight. I really did not mind the liquids. To me that doesn't take a whole lot of preparations or thinking. Let's see what my Dr. recommends after my 1st fill. It seems like every Dr. has different ideas about what he wants his patients to do. Too, bad that there isn't just a diet that they all agree on. I quess they know best.

Talk to you soon

DEanna---By the way, do you feel more restriction now? I felt it when I first had my surgery. Now I don't feel much of anything. Sure hope I get the fill and feel more restriction. That feeling is what keeps me on my toes.

Till next time-----

Had my first fill on 09/25 and I feel no restriction at all! I had 5.6 cc's put in my 14cc band and I feel like I haven't lost.... I don't know what to do. I made an appointment for my 2nd fill on 10/16

I had my first fill last Wed. He numbed the area with a tiny shot of novacaine....did not hurt, and then the big needle. He said he filled my band 25%. I felt nauseous the first day, and on liquids. I feel a little of a tight feeling all around the area, but I can still pretty much eat anything. I have problem with chicken breast.

He did get mad at me because I don't measure real well, and I have not been exercising much. He says, "do you want to have success 5 years down the road?" And I'm thinking, if he only knew how fast I still eat. LOL!

I just can't seem to slow down, and I have problems not drinking when I eat. But I'm losing steadily, and eating less, I guess, so I can't complain.

Ha I have the same promble but i do not eat 30 mins befor i eat and 30min after . I don't mesure my food either . I did not know i was surpost to . I say if you are losing and feel good you go girl. Lynnlynn

Hi Vegas Girl--I know exactly what you mean about eating too quickly and the issue of drinking during meals. I am usually so hungry when I sit down to eat, that I can't shovel it in fast enough! I have heard before that you should not drink during a meal even if you don't have a band. I don't even think about the drinking issue or eating too fast until I've almost finished my meal.

I haven't been losing weight as fast I had hoped. Maybe those issues above ^ are the reasons. Let's both try to remember what we're supposed to be doing this week and touch base with how we did.

I have to say, I am starting to get nervous about this 1st fill.

Vegasgirl you are doing great. 40 pounds lost. It sounds like you are doing ok to me. I know it is hard to remember to measure your food, but it does help. Our eyes have a way of letting more on our plate if we leave it up to them. Good luck with your fill.

I go for my first fill October 14th. I am excited. It took a while to find a reasonably priced fill Dr that wasn't too far to drive. Right now I am in that twilight stage where I can eat more but still feel some restriction. I can't wait to get the "show on the road" !

MIMI,

Sorry it took me so long to get back with you. The fill was done under fluoro. I saw everything he did. With fluoro you see exactly how much is needed to make that small stream. Without fluoro it is a guessing game. He did not numb the area, but it was only like a pinch. The solution going in felt a little awkward, not pain, but like pressure while the Dr was getting the air out. It was a easy experience.

Since the DR. got it just right I don't have any problems, and I do eat a lot less. My husband has some problems with things going down, but I haven't had any problems.

I read a lot about the fills, and I am afraid to say I did not do the 12 days he asked. I did do 2 days liquids then on to regular food. Still no problems. Oh, and I got 2 cc in my band.

Good Luck tomorrow!!!

Oh, and I have not been to cracker barrel in Buda, but I do miss my favorite place Road House on Slaughter lane.