Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in August???

YooHoo---

Where is everybody? :blush: Haven't heard from a lot of you lately. :sad:

Hope all is well with everyone.:blush: I know how busy we all get and we can

lose touch easily with our friends in kind:huh2:. I really enjoy hearing what everyone has to say about their lap-band experiences(both good and not so good).;):thumbup: I have learned alot from all of you and would like to continue our e-friendships. Please stay in touch, that way we can all take this fantastic journey together:w00t:. After all, our bands are only 2-3 months old and I'm sure we will have many new experiences yet to come

:thumbup::scared2:.

Take Care and Please Stay in Touch---MiMi 22

I agree. I know life goes on and the lap band isn't our entire life, but I have enjoyed hearing from other people who are in the same stage as I am. I have missed hearing from all of you. I know I couldn't have made it this far sanely, with out all of your help and support. I hope to hear from you all soon.

I think this is the best support network. I love hearing all the successes and sorrows. Most of the things that I have had concerns with are brought up here.

I hope everyone is doing great!

Hi Meme i am not on as much as i should be. But it's getting cold now so i will be on more. I am down 50lbs woo hoo since being banded July 21. I have not figured out how to put a tracker up. Keep in touch . lynnlynn

Hi Fellow Bandsters---So good to hear from you. I was suprised when I checked the mail this PM and saw your responses.

lindar172--It IS good to hear from others and how they are doing.

almatha--I think we have a great support netwk. too. Any of our

lapband issues can be told and someone out there can eit-

her identify with the same problem or answer someone's

questions.

lynnlynn--You must live up North. I am in Texas and it's cooler now,

but tomorrow it may be in the 90's. Who knows, Texas

weather is so unpredictable. I am with you on the track-

er. I am not too computer saavy.

Ya'll are doing great and I am so thankful that you responded to my email. Keep up the good work and stay in touch. I hope we will hear from all our August Bandsters and catch up on how everyone is doing.

Hi good to hear from you as well . I live in Louisville Ky. I had a lady i met at the Dr's office 2 wks afte we both had surgery. She had called to see how I was doing and to tell me she was totally disapointed with her lapband. It's been 3 months since surgery and she has had 3 fills. She said she has not lost any weight in fact that she had gained weight. My heart went out to her but i did not know what to say to help her. I told her to sign up on lapband forum and maybe that would help her. Does anyone have any advise for me when she call's back. Thanks for writing back to me . lynnlynn

The ticker is here Graphical Tickers and Trackers: Weight Loss, Trying To Conceive, Pregnancy... it will walk you through the steps of making it and give you the code, which you then put into your signature by clicking 'User CP' on the blue bar near the top of the page and then 'edit signature' on the left side. The picture is changed also in 'User CP', click 'edit avatar' on the left side.

What I'm wondering is how do you change the words under your name? I can't find that for anything.

I found this to help with the tickers and photos. I hope you find helpful. Congratulations on all your weight loss!

Thanks Azlife for the info on the tracker set up. I went to the website and am eager to try to set myself up with the graph. I am going to wait until after I go to my TOPS meeting tomorrow night so I will have a correct starting point. I may have to wait until I get a picture to do the pix thing. I am one of those people who do not like to have pix taken of me. Keep up the great weight loss. Any tips on how you are losing your weight so quickly?

lynnlynn--I think you gave your friend the right advice about getting on the LapBand forum. I hope she will---it sure has helped me. Although, I have had a hectic weekend and didn't make all the right choices on my diet. I know to get back on that horse and try again. I have really enjoyed hearing from some of our bandsters and hope to hear from everyone out there---Take care and look to a better future----

I am just glad it helped you. Good Luck tomorrow at your Tops meeting. I am sure you have shredded away some more pounds. I have just been really careful to stay with eating a lot of Protein. I was told to take your current weight and multiply it by .37 to get the amount of protein you need. I am still working on more excercise and eating slower, but there have no hidden secrets except when I am not losing I evaluate my protein intake and never waste a snack on something without protein. Good Luck and keep in touch!

I love reading everyone successes... this is my support group! :thumbup:

wow Azlife,

Thanks for the formula for the Protein. I certainly am not getting enough Protein then. Maybe that is why I am only losing 1 to 1 1/2 lbs a week.

I will have to work on that. I started doing protein supplement shakes, however I stopped because I couldn't find anything that tasted very good.

Anyone have any suggestions?????

Let's talk about hair loss?

I dont claim to have a lot going for me, but my hair was a good point that up until now I liked. I have long hair and did have thick, thick hair. Now its falling out by the handfulls and I hate it. What can I do to stop it from falling out. I want to be thinner but I'd like to have my hair too.

Yolanda--Your hairloss is probably because you may not be getting enough Protein in your diet. I have long hair, too, and I have noticed that I am Shedding more than usual. I talked to my Dr.'s nurse during our group meeting and she said that I needed to get more protein. She said that Not getting enough will cause not only Hair loss, but it will affect your skin and bones. I knew I was not getting the required amount of protein, but I could not figure how I could eat more. I went to GNC and picked up a can of protein powder(chocolate) and am going to start using that. I just do not know how anyone can get the right amt. of pro. when we eat such a little amt of food.< /p>

You may want to chkout AZLIFE'S email. She discusses a formula for how much protein we need. Hope this helps and good luck on your journey to HealthyLand----

P.S. One of our group members said she takes BIOTEIN supplements for her hair(long). I haven't tried the supplements. I think your would want to check with your DR to hear what he thinks,also.

hey all

i was banded aug 12 and have been a bsy girl only down 26 lbs bt still steady at 26 lost so i will contiue my journey has been slow have had 2 fills now at 3 cc feeling restriction and can still eat 9 probably still more than i should ) my dr said to eat your Protein first helps to keep you fll and sustain you longer i am a hairdresser and had to weigh in ( ha ha ha ) on the hair thing - you have to remember hair is made from 23 distinct amino acids that accumulate at your hair follicle and then form a hair cell - these 23 amino acids come from the food we eat and diet that is lacking any one of these amino acids will weaken or even put your Hair growth into distress - if you are not eating enouugh protein than your body is lacking from those amino acids you can take a Biotin supplement _ biotin is one of the amino acids in a hair cell - however biotin is only going to work if that is what youa re lacking !!!!! take a good multi Vitamin and eat lots of protein take care and keep up all the great weight loss I am jealous some of you have lost way more than me - I am in this thing for the long run !!!

deb

DAnna---I was glad to see your posting. I guess everybody has to find out the hard way about the Protein thing. I thought I was doing something wrong because I couldn't figure out how to get all the protein in me everyday. I had never gone into GNC and asked for Protein Powder before. Through my lapband, I am learning lots of new things. I thought you would not lose your hair with the lapband. Either I didn't listen very well,or I wasn't told these things before hand. I still would have the procedure, anyway. Let us know how things are going for you----