Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in August???

MIMI,

I forgot to tell you since getting a fill on Thursday Oct 2 I have lost another 4 lbs.

Wahoo!!!!! Hardly ever hungry. Restriction is great.

DAnna---Glad to hear you had a good experience getting your fill. I will be leaving in the next hour to go to my DR. I will be quite disappointed if he decides not to do the fill. At my TOPS(take off pounds sensibly) meeting last night, I did manage to show a loss of 1 pound. I was very thankfull for that. It does seem like my weight loss is slowing down.

I,like your husband, am having some swallowing issues. I got chicken stuck in my throat last night. I guess I am not chewing well enough. I can't believe that I haven't gotten that under control by now. I think I am waiting too long to eat and then I'm starving. We all know what happens when we are too hungry!

I have not been to the Roadhouse, but I do know where Slaughter Lane is. We don't get to Austin all that much anymore. Our little town is growing and we are getting a lot of new stores and conveniences. Bastrop is a very old small town ,but what is called progress, is creeping up on us right and left. Like DS.

Keep us all posted as to whether the new restriction is helping with your weight loss . I hope it does---it will give me hope that I may succeed in this struggle.

I'll let you know how my DR visit goes. Think good Thoughts----

I lov my band ..down another 3 ibs is gone and 6 inches melted away. started aug 5th at 210 today 173 goal by end of month 170. good luck all you wonderful people

OK---so I got my fill and everything went fairly smoothly. DR did have a little difficulty locating the port.:) Not all that uncomfortable.:eek: Was told to stay on liquids for 2 days. I really don't mind the liquids. I like to drink Carnation Inst. Bkst. ,so I am a happy camper.:) I can feel the restriction and am hopeful that I will lose more consistantly now:biggrin:.

This is such a fun experience and I am so glad that I made the decision to follow through with the lapband:teeth_smile:. I love reading what everyone has to say about their experiences. I have learned so much from all of you:thumbs_up:.

THANKYOU-THANKYOU-THANKYOU!!!!!!!

I will ne bannded either OCT 23 or Oct 30th, depends on when the insurance aproval comes in. My Coworkers are having a "last supper" for me. They are all bringing in my favorite foods for a big dinner a week before my surgury and a day before I go liquid. It is nice yto have such great supporters.

Chad (n2bater72):eek:

It is great to see everyone doing well since they were banded in August. I too was banded in August, August 25, 2008.

I am just frustrated because my DR could not fit me in for my first fill until October 22 - and I made that appt on Sept 10. I feel like I am working so hard to be good and I don't have that extra "tool" to help me.

Hi all you August Bandsters! If you haven't already, make sure you check out the August 2008 Bandsters Support Group here on LBT. August 2008 Bandsters - Lap Band Surgery and Lap Band Discussion Forum

I am getting my first fill on columbus day Oct 13 I think. I can't wait . I hope I won't have any problems. I also have to update my ticker. I have lost 25 since 8/29th . I can't wait to really start losing.-Elisa

Hi DAnna--I tried to respond to your message, but my computer started to act up,so will give it another try. My fill went real well and I can really tell the differance. I get full faster and do not seem to get hungry so soon. I am still struggling with getting food caught in my throat--due to eating too quickly and not chewing as much as I should. I really have a mental block about it.

I have a group meeting in LaGrange tomorrow night. Do you attend group meetings? I like to hear everyone's views about the procedure and what they are doing to solve any problems they may be having. I am so glad I found this website,too. It has taught me alot.

My daughter is seriously considering have the lapband procedure done, also. She would be wise to do it while she is younger.

Good to hear from you and keep me posted about how you are doing.

MIMI,

Glad to hear it went well. No I don't do group meetings, do they help?.

Congratulations to your daughter. I sure wish I had done it when I was younger too.

I am doing great with my fill. Not hungry very often at all. Losing about 2-21/2 lbs a week.

Sorry it takes so long to answer I have been very busy with my NEW ACTIVE LIFESTYLE. He He :biggrin:

HELLO AUG BANDERS..I hope you are winning the war on the NEW U.I'm down 38.4 pounds and lovin life. i straight train everyother day, then fast walk two miles.Let's all get out there and move it...

DAnna--

Just got your message. I am having a hard day today. I think if I start out the day with the wrong food, my body thinks I should finish the day with the wrong food. I went to the grocery store today and I was hungry---well, you know how that works out most times. I am supposed to go to my TOPS meeting tonight. Sure hope todays mistakes don't show up on the scale tonight.

I enjoy our group meetings and learn new things. It's fun just to be around other people with alot of the same problems or issues. I must say,though, I have sure enjoyed this website and have learned so much from it.

I'm real proud of you and your weekly good weight losses. Must be that active lifestyle you've got going on. I am having a difficult time doing my exercises(I'm really pretty lazy). I hope to start walking now that the weather has turned so nice and cool. I broke both of my ankles 3yrs. ago and have had problems with one of my ankles ever since. That is not a good enough excuse, tho. I have exercise machines and tapes galore, and still don't use them. I have noticed that my upper arms are getting jigglier. I guess if I don't want big wings, I better get with the program!

Keep up that active lifestyle and keep in touch------

Look forward to hearing from you again----

Hi memom---

You are doing great!!! Keep up the good work. You guys are really encouraging and making me want to get to exercising!