Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in August???

HELLO EVERYONE...hARD TO BELIVE THAT ON aUG 5TH I WAS BAND AND CHANGED FOR EVER..For oct down another 10 pnds and 6 1/2 inches.. it's great feel like a new person. only 75 more to go..

You are doing great, memom ! Keep up the good work and before you know it, you will be a new woman. Can you imagine how you will look and feel??? Hope you made it through Halloween without any candy. I sure didn't. I am so mad at myself---It was like opening the gates and I couldn't stop eating. I was just craving it. I had hoped it would make me sick--no such luck. I did tell DH to put it away and not to tell where he put it. I had done so good since I got my band. I am really ashamed. I certainly have not gotten my binge eating under control.

Please pray for me--

Take Care and keep us posted as to how you are doing----

Hey MIMI,

I went to GNC and got the whey bullet shot 42g of Protein. I love the blue rasberry and it is a small shot with that much Protein. I just down it in ine gulp. Hope it helps with getting me back to the 2 lbs a week or more. I also ordered the P90X program off the TV. It is a 90 day workout program, WOW it is tough, but am finally getting enough exercise, losing again, toning especially the jiggly arms, and losing again.

You should check it out. I do the exercise at home in front of the TV with my husband who also had the band on Aug 13th and he has lost 47 lbs ( the lucky dog). Most men lose faster I hear.

Again AZLIFE thanks for the protien info, it has really help. I feel like I have more energy too, when I stopped the chocolate powder I didn't realize how much weakness I felt. Thanks again.

Mimi. be nice to yourself, think we all had a little sweets on friday.You know how to stop those..don't do it. Ichew lots of sugar free gum.But i to had a little goodie.So means i will walk another mile and do extra set ups.We are learn all the time, find the good you did this week.Let's all make nov a month to "LOSE"..Set the goal weight where you want to be and go for it, have family help you reach it..Good-Luck

That is great DAnna I use the Protein Shots as well. I don't do them as much as I did at first, but they do help. I need to get more into the excercise, I try to do wii fitness thirty minutes before work and ride the bike for 20-30 minutes a night. When I am able I walk 30 minutes after dinner. I just travel for work so much it seems to get hard to get in all the exercise. Just and FYI I go to Vitamin world for my whey Protein shots, if you buy a case you get a discount. Good Luck and keep in touch. I made my 50lb loss mark for Halloween, so I am happy, now to make a new mark!

Thanks memom---I certainly stayed away from the candy, today. I have been sort of down today. Guess I'm beating myself up for the candy rampage I went on. I Still am not excersizing like I should. Will try to get a little walking tomorrow. I can walk to my TOPS meeting tomorrow evening. It's only about 2 blocks down the street. It's a beginning any way---

Thanks for the encouraging words---

DAnna---Thanks for the info on the Protein Shots. I went to GNC today and picked up 2 just to try. Do you take 1 shot each day? I thought it was rather expensive. Although, if you take 1 shot you do get a big dose of Protein. I guess one could drink 1/3rd of the vial at each meal. Anyway, I will try one tomorrow.

Are we supposed to take the Protein Powder in place of a meal or in addition to a meal. Same with the protein shots?

Good for you on the exercising. You sound really excited about it. You will have to keep me updated on how it all is going. Need to run,

I am making stuffed cherry tomatoes to take to TOPS tonight. We don't usually eat at these meetings, but one of our members is getting married and everyone wanted to give her a little shower. Take Care-

Just got home from TOPS and I wanted to tell ya'll that I weighed in and I had lost 4 lbs. I was so excited. Thanks for being so supportive-----

I belong to TOPS in Salem, VA. Where do you go?

Hey everyone...

I was banded August 11th and doing great! No fill yet but I'm down from 323 to 258. I've been able to drop my diabetes meds, a blood pressure pill, and discontinue the cpap for sleep apnea. The doctor indicated that as long as I continue to loose weight, they will hold off of my first fill.

John

Wow that is great John! Keep up the good work!

Yes I do. I have been a member off and on for the past 26 yrs. I am now going every Monday night. I need the discipline of having to weigh in and be accountable. We have a lot fun at the meetings.

So far since my lapband, I have lost or stayed the same every meeting.

JGCraighead---I belong to TOPS way down here in Texas in a small town named Bastrop. It's about 30 miles SE of Austin(our capitol).Who knows maybe we will run into each other at IRD some year. I've never been to IRD,but I hear it is fun.

Jolinbrown--Keep up the great work. Let us know how you are losing so well and quickly. I could use a few hints----