Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Well ladies you still doing great. Running everyday! Jeepers! Yeah i think you should swim or bike or lift weights every other day. I know your uubber excited right now but you can burn yourself out on running pretty quick.

I cycled to work this morning and stopprd to running a slow 5k on the way.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Good morning everyone! I feel good today. Not really sore - though last night I thought my thighs were on fire - lol

I have a question. I was looking for a downloadable program for MP3 Players. I don't have an IPOD, an older MP3 (I'm requested a new one for my B-Day in Oct.). Anyway - I can't find a program for MP3. I've always worked out using music and I think it's an awesome idea to have a program for Couch to 5K. Does anyone know where to find MP3 version?

Good morning everyone! I feel good today. Not really sore - though last night I thought my thighs were on fire - lol

I have a question. I was looking for a downloadable program for MP3 Players. I don't have an IPOD, an older MP3 (I'm requested a new one for my B-Day in Oct.). Anyway - I can't find a program for MP3. I've always worked out using music and I think it's an awesome idea to have a program for Couch to 5K. Does anyone know where to find MP3 version?

Leslie, try this link. I'm not 100% sure if it will work but it's worth a try. Click on the link and then click on MP3 podcasts at the top. It shows each week in mp3 format, so maybe it will work.

Podcasts

Guest Leslie2Lose

Thanks girl! How are you doing today? Was yesterday your running day or is it today?

Yesterday was my running day. I struggled a little but I think I just didn't eat enough before my run. I will probably do some strength training today and maybe do the bike some. Glad your day went well yesterday. It was much easier for me when I downloaded the podrunner. Are you running again on Wednesday?

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hey - Yes, I'm running on Wednesday. It's the only day J and I can't work out together. She said she is going earlier in the day and run. I'm going to download the program tonight and make sure my batteries are working.

Oh - Are you able to do any chest presses/back weights? I canceled my last two sessions for my weight training. I'm scared I'm going to pull my port loose. It's been almost six weeks since my revision. I need to start toning.

Leslie, try this link. I'm not 100% sure if it will work but it's worth a try. Click on the link and then click on MP3 podcasts at the top. It shows each week in mp3 format, so maybe it will work.

Podcasts

Here's another link that was posted early on in this thread. It's the one I use. It's a little different than the couch to 5k intervals. But close enough and very effective. I love it! Good luck!

Podrunner: Intervals - Free Workout Music for 5K Training

Oh - Are you able to do any chest presses/back weights? I canceled my last two sessions for my weight training. I'm scared I'm going to pull my port loose. It's been almost six weeks since my revision. I need to start toning.

Yes, I do both. I didn't start weight training until a few months after my surgery though. If you do any weight training, just take it easy and slow to start with and if you feel any pulling or pain you should stop.

I pulled a muscle in my shoulder a few weeks ago using dumb bells that were to heavy. So I have had to take it easy with the weights. Lesson learned. Start slow with low weights and slowly build up. Me I was trying to be Wonder Woman and go for the big stuff.

I think I am ready to start again with low weights (my son can make fun of me if he wants) But I enjoyed doing the "8 minutes arms" on You-tube.

OMG - I thought I was going to die...but, I lived! I have never sweated so much in my life...I look like I was caught in the rain...lol...I turn red too when I workout or get overexerted. I look like a drowned umpalumpka!

Way to go Leslie!!! You're a runner now, and hooked. Thanks for the umpalumpa visual... I'm still laughing :biggrin2:

Well, I did day one of week one again this evening. I am completely pooped. It was a little strange....it felt harder than it did on Saturday. I've been on the go all day today and I don't think I ate enough. I did eat a few triscuits about an hour before my run but I just ran out of fuel today. I did it though! I struggled on the last interval a little but I made it through.

Great job Georgia... it felt harder probably because you were already tired and maybe didn't have enough fuel in you. You must have felt proud to have finished it knowing how tired you were!

BTW, I would have to get one of those big grandma padded bike seats if I were going to be a serious cyclist.

Sugar, I looked for one of those, but couldn't find one! The guy in the store thought I was crazy, but honestly... how my butt could fit on one of those tiny seats is a mystery... and probably not architectually sound :eek:!

I got this chart from podrunner website

First Day 2 5K - Printable Outline

I am going to take this chart to the gym with me next time I go I try to figure out what the heck is going on?!?!?

Thanks Bonnie... I've just printed this. It will be helpful to know what I'm listening for! Keep up the great work. Did I read right that you aren't banded yet?? If that's the case... I am so in awe of you doing all of this before you get banded! You will have such a successful weight loss!

I cycled to work this morning and stopprd to running a slow 5k on the way.

Wow... on your way to work! I can barely get myself up and the kids fed and dressed, let alone think about working out! I am not a morning person, thankfully my DH is. It takes me at least an hour to cool down (visually!!), so that would mean getting up way too early before work!

I think I am ready to start again with low weights (my son can make fun of me if he wants).

If he makes fun of you, threaten him that you'll embarrass him in front of his friends (or a girlfriend??) next time! That always worked for my brother when he'd tease me. Seriously, go for it and take it slow.

Wow... it's fun coming here and catching up on everyone's progress. I feel really good today. I think the running has helped my mood a lot. I've been fairly stressed lately since losing my job, and looking for a new one. I've never been a stay at home type, so really don't know what to do with myself. Probably why I latched onto the running and this group!!

I noticed that my weight hasn't gone down yet, even though I've been eating really well and exercising. That's ok, I know it won't go up, and it will eventually go down. It would be nice if it dropped at a steady rate, but I know my weight loss tends to happen in spurts.

I did week 4 day 1 this morning. wow! I must admit that I slowed my jogging pace just a little from 4.5 to 4.3... then as I was jogging my legs wanted to go faster so I put it back to 4.5. I also rested slightly longer in between jogs. But I did jog the full 3 and 5 minute jog intervals without stopping. For day 2 I'll do it like it's written cause I think I can. I was full of self doubt this morning and talked myself into slightly longer walk intervals but I really dont think I need them! Why do I sabatoge myself? lol

Guest Leslie2Lose

Way to go Leslie!!! You're a runner now, and hooked. Thanks for the umpalumpa visual... I'm still laughing :biggrin2:

I've been fairly stressed lately since losing my job, and looking for a new one. I've never been a stay at home type, so really don't know what to do with myself. Probably why I latched onto the running and this group!!

I noticed that my weight hasn't gone down yet, even though I've been eating really well and exercising. That's ok, I know it won't go up, and it will eventually go down. It would be nice if it dropped at a steady rate, but I know my weight loss tends to happen in spurts.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having personal problems. It's so hard to have a family and need income (been there/done that)...it sucked! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I lose in spurts too. I'll go weeks without a loss then lose huge. :eek: I wish I was a steady loser - it would be more encouraging! Keep running and we're here if you need to vent.

Mama... you did it!!!! congrats! I know you were sckeptical and didn't think you could... but you did! :eek:

Leslie, thanks for your support! Yeah, its tough when you loose your job, and especially when I'm the career person in the family, and they depend on me financially. What's worse is that I have always felt most successful at work, I'm somewhat defined by my career. Then to be let go after having been promoted a few weeks earlier is a bit hard to take, not to mention worrying about how to keep our house and cars and feed the family. Thanks for letting me vent!

Guest Leslie2Lose

I did week 4 day 1 this morning. wow! I must admit that I slowed my jogging pace just a little from 4.5 to 4.3... then as I was jogging my legs wanted to go faster so I put it back to 4.5. I also rested slightly longer in between jogs. But I did jog the full 3 and 5 minute jog intervals without stopping. For day 2 I'll do it like it's written cause I think I can. I was full of self doubt this morning and talked myself into slightly longer walk intervals but I really dont think I need them! Why do I sabatoge myself? lol

Wow mamato3...week 4. You should be proud! Kick self doubt to the curve...of course I might not be saying that in three weeks - lol

Looks like we were posting at the same time....I missed your post.

Yeah i have to be at work at 7am. So if i want to ride my pedal bike in and want to stop at the gym it means i have to be up at 4am and out the door by 4.15am. I get to the gym at 5am then stay till about 615am before finishing the two miles to work. Total trip to work is 12 miles. But it sure is much more fum pedeling home!